Hayate the Combat Butler! Cuties

Etue

[sadht]Hayate no Gotoku! Cuties[/sadht][sadhl]hayate-no-gotoku-cuties[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

2ufghnl.jpg

And so another season of Hayate the Combat Butler airs.
Of course it's a spinoff and not an actual adaption of the manga, but the last wasn't bad...

however it continues the trend:

With more mystery characters joining without introduction:

Introducing: A-tan
A age regressed Athena, Athena herself not being introduced in the anime yet

and 2 girls who are chibified during their appearance

returning mystery character is the Idol Singer, the green haired tomboy and glasses/ponytail.

I really wish they'd at least make a 3rd season introducing half these characters...

The episodes are dedicated to specfic characters each:
Ep#1: Hayate Ayasaki
Ep#2: Nagi Sanzenin
Ep#3: Athena Tennosu ( A-tan )
Ep#4: Isumi Saginomiya & Sakiya Aizawa
Ep#5: Hinagiku Katsura
Ep#6: Izumi Segawa & two others
Ep#7: Ruka Suirenji ( the idol )
Ep#8: Ayumu Nishizawa
Ep#9: Chizakura Harukaze & Kayura Kenno ( Ponytail-glasses & Greenhaired-tomboy )
Ep#10: Maria
……and more

~ source ANN

Re: Hayate no Gotoku! Cuties

Nice to know the character design changed a lot from the previous season of well... thin necks, big heads to being drawn like adults? :)
Aren't they pre-teen age or something? O_O

Nice to know the character design changed a lot from the previous season of well... thin necks, big heads to being drawn like adults? :)
Aren't they pre-teen age or something? O_O

I don't think they changed into adults, the colour-palate is the same again but they made the heads smaller and more bloody consistent which is a huge improvement in my opinion. Sure the heads are more angular, but seeing how everyone looked silly in the last season it's still far better.

Episode 1

So the first episode was all about Hayate (don't see this how this is a spoiler since Etue just posted who each episode is going to be about =P). Can anyone explain why the setting is an apartment (again)? There's more people living there now than in Can't Take My Eyes Off You, which never explained it either.

Gotta say, the beginning of the the anime was living up to its title of cuties so far:

Blushing Hina. Always awesome.
Hinagiku_zpsf00acbc7.png

Wake up Athena! You're finally going to get your own anime episode!
Athena_zpse8f92b6d.png

But then I saw Maria:

What have they done to you?! You're so much....older. Wait, that's a pet peeve of yours, isn't it?
Maria_zps426ba04a.png

Did she look like that in Can't Take My Eyes Off You? If so, I don't recall...or maybe it's that I don't want to. And while on the subject of Maria, why is her episode number 10? The producers are fiends!

All I care about is... is the old narrator back?

His absence is one of the reasons I haven't watched the previous season yet.

All I care about is... is the old narrator back?

His absence is one of the reasons I haven't watched the previous season yet.

He isn't back, Hayate narrated this episode.

This whole thing isn't canon anyway unless the mangaka claims it is later.

So did they actually make the character designs less retarded than in Can't Take my Eyes off you?

That was bloody horrible

So did they actually make the character designs less retarded than in Can't Take my Eyes off you?

That was bloody horrible

They're improving. For what it's worth, the first episode was better and I think I can get down on this series more than Can't Take My Eyes Off You. An entire episode devoted to Hina and Athena helps too.

I'm kinda disappointed. After the first 2 seasons, they've just been slacking. Granted this is definatly an improvement from last season, somewhere they just fell off and couldn't get back up. I'll still watch it though. The new characters look interesting enough for me to stay :)

Hmm doesn't seem like a lot of people are watching this season of Hayate. Not that I can really blame them. Last season was a huge let down. I gotta say though they're doing everything much better this time around
Halfway through the episode I say to myself "gee I kinda miss the tiger" and 20 seconds later he pops out. He's pretty badass not gonna lie. Pretty sure if they showed the fight he would've beat the dog's ass
This episode was pretty funny. I like A-tan and hopefully the rest of the new characters will be cool as well.

Episode 5

It was okay, she's one of the best tsundere characters in anime I find. However the whole shoulder rubbing subplot was kind of 'meh' honestly, I did like how it played out but it felt a bit stretched to cover a whole episode.

Lol like no one is actually watching this. I guess i'm not really surprised though. I just got around to finishing it and it wasn't all that great. The ending though was quite fantasticly done. Much much much better than last season's Hayate.

4/5

I actually watched this and thought it was okay. But not more than that, it had the Hayate character catalog which makes this anime hardly ever fail. That said, this is the only season that you really have to have seen all the other canon stuff for. ( before watching this )

3/5

I think the anime is just kinda complimentary to the manga. After I watched Cuties, I started reading the whole manga, until chapter 413 in one whole day and night. So after I read the manga, now I understand why they all lived in the Violet Mansion etc etc.
My point is, you'll never understand HnG if you just watch the anime.

Back