New official IRC channel: #anime-planet.com ^_^

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
Come join us! #anime-planet.com at Rizon. The past version of the channel is still open, but for complex reasons is not the official channel anymore.

Feel free to say hi, I tend to always be around as sothis or a variation :p

I've never used this sort of thing before, how does it work? Do I need to create an account?
(Pidjiken, your link isn't working for me?)

Why not just use mibbit instead of downloading mirc? (cause I know not everyone wants to).

Mibbit.com Webchat client

Select Rizon as the server, choose a nick, then add #anime-planet.com as the channel and you'll be good to go :)

H.

Why not just use mibbit instead of downloading mirc? (cause I know not everyone wants to).

Mibbit.com Webchat client

Select Rizon as the server, choose a nick, then add #anime-planet.com as the channel and you'll be good to go :)

H.

I really doesn't matter the irc client you use.

Download mibbit if you wish. clicking the link after it's installed makes all the retarded connection shit go away.

Is the "Chat Quotes & Logs" forum description going to be updated? Concurrently it says,
Did you see a funny quote or conversation in the Anime-Planet chat (#anime-planet @ rizon.org)?
Post it here!
Notice, it says #anime-planet rather than #anime-planet.com.

Another option for some people that use some form of im clients. Most clients now a days support irc functions. Im using the Miranda IM with all my different messaging services. Having something like that is just 1 less program to install and run. :)

I personall prefer Mirc used it for like 10+ years, has been around since IRC was first cretaed. To each his own I guess.

mIRC user. I tend to idle in there. Web clients suck imo. might as well get the mIRC client as its not big and easy to use and customise :D

Mirc is the undisputed king of irc software, but it's a commercial prog & you either have to pay for it, put up with it nagging you to buy it, or get it illegally.

The 2 main advantages to progs other than mirc are that nearly all the other ones are free, and it's an issue of convenience. Webchat options are the least functional by far, but they are also the most convenient by far. Nothing to download, nothing to setup, just go to a webpage & start chatting.
3rd party IM progs (such as miranda & trillian) are convenient because of the fact that 1) they combine several IM progs & an irc prog in one program, so you don't need to have 20 progs (all of which do almost the exact same thing) running at once, and 2) Many people already have such a messaging program installed, so they don't need to download anything new.

In the end, it all comes down to personal preference, whether you prefer functionality or convenience.

Back