Accel World

Deathly

[sadht]Accel World[/sadht][sadhl]accel-world[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]
PV: YouTube
Extended PV: YouTube
Debut: 2012/04/06 [Preaired at 04/02]

It definitely looks interesting, I'm looking forward to it.

Last edited:
I started reading the manga without noticing that it was becoming an anime, the manga's good so I can't wait to see the anime

Well, the first 42 min episode was good. It followed the manga really well, other than some minor info missing that the manga had that the anime didn't add it was right on. The first half felt rushed for me, I don't know if this was because I read the manga or not. Definitely going to keep watching Accel World.

I read the manga about a year ago. It was only 8 chapters then, and the new volume wasn't translated. Been eagerly waiting for the chapters to build up before I started it again.

I hope the anime is as good as the manga is.

It's got one extra chapter >.>

I read up to 9 and they haven't translated anything else

I read the manga about a year ago. It was only 8 chapters then, and the new volume wasn't translated. Been eagerly waiting for the chapters to build up before I started it again.

I hope the anime is as good as the manga is.

Well it is a light novels, and mangas based on novels are kind of silly.

I'm not sure if I can watch this one. I mean the story and characters may be nice. But for real the main char's design is "weird".

Watched the first 2 episodes out of boredom, and I came to the conclusion: I want to live in that world. Neuro-tech computers that you can use to play virtual reality games, go on the internet, hyper-accelerate your thoughts... SO MUCH WANT!!!

I will definitely keep watching this.

Wut.

There have been plenty of good Mangas made from Light Novels?

What the fuck are you smoking?

Thing is, mangas are fast, and "go ahead" with the story animes have yet to catch up to.

With light novels this does not happen, as in many cases the anime comes before the manga, and thus the manga is reduced to being entirely useless. Mangas for light novels are really slow to come, and honestly any anime can catch up to that very quick, so I'd rather watch that than a very short manga chapter that has yet to advance.

Mangas based on light novels, are honestly, WASTED.

coolest future concept I've seen in awhile.
I will definitively be watching this.

I read a book called Ready Player One recently that employed a similar concept of the future but mixed it with old school computer gaming (early 1980's) and 80's pop culture references.

Watched this on a whim because I for some reason didn't add it on my list for this season when everyone else did. After watching the first 2 episodes, I kicked myself and vowed to follow this closely because it looks very promising so far. I can relate with the main too a bit...

Thing is, mangas are fast, and "go ahead" with the story animes have yet to catch up to.

With light novels this does not happen, as in many cases the anime comes before the manga, and thus the manga is reduced to being entirely useless. Mangas for light novels are really slow to come, and honestly any anime can catch up to that very quick, so I'd rather watch that than a very short manga chapter that has yet to advance.

Mangas based on light novels, are honestly, WASTED.

Please stop using commas like that.

Mangas based on light novels are not wasted they are just fine. Stop being retarded.

Watching it for sure now, the first two episodes left a good impression on me.

That main character needs to die in a fire.

He fucking threw that girl's homemade lunch into the wall? Can't apologize for it? What a fucking prick. I hate the fact that this show is going to paint him as a hero in the future (because, well, that's just obvious). He deserves nothing until they allow that girl to beat the hell out of him.

I think you're being a bit harsh there, truthillusions. We're not dealing with a typical harem male here, for once we got a fat and completely unattractive guy. His inability and immaturity towards social situations seems legit to me, especially throw in the confusion he seems to have towards her and this strange guy friend the two of them seem to share.

I'm really likin' this show so far, damn I'd love to play that game, but I can see how this can go downhill fast, even with strong beautiful female support cast.

I thought those episodes were actually really awesome. I had no idea what this show was about apart from the sci-fi aspect, but I liked it. The animation was crisp and also a different protagonist from the norm. An awful lot of wish fulfillment for your socially awkward chubby types but I do wonder if there will be lessons to be learned as he goes long? And if not, that's okay because I'm digging the setting, the action scenes were cool and the music was brilliant - some awesome metal riffage under some of the scenes.

I did find the first episode moved really quickly
there was a lot to take in - the jump from 'brains plugged into the global net' concept (which I like as an idea on it's own) to the 'accelerating' game was a quick leap. They probably could've gotten more mileage out of the first concept before bringing us to the next one, but no biggie.
An extra note
I think that despite seemingly meaning well, the chick is 'using' Porky boy for her own ends. She did say she had some regret over how she played the game. I'm also wondering about her true avatar.
Well it is a light novels, and mangas based on novels are kind of silly.

I'm not sure if I can watch this one. I mean the story and characters may be nice. But for real the main char's design is "weird".
I think the main character looks like a fat version of Simon from Gurren Lagann...

That main character needs to die in a fire.

He fucking threw that girl's homemade lunch into the wall? Can't apologize for it? What a fucking prick. I hate the fact that this show is going to paint him as a hero in the future (because, well, that's just obvious). He deserves nothing until they allow that girl to beat the hell out of him.
I thought he was stupid for doing this too. But clearly he has issues he needs to deal with I think...

Back