Blast of Tempest

randomredneck

Blast Of Tempest
Alt title: Zetsuen no Tempest: The Civilization Blaster

Synoposis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations.

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here.

Just watched the first episode, and it was pretty interesting.
This whole Black Iron or whatever disease is freaky. And magic dudes fight with gun bitch was pretty boss.

Looks like a promising show.

Last edited:
Re: Zetsuen No Tempest: The Civilization Blaster

Same here but almost the whole episode had me confused up till the final moments.
Took me a few minutes to process everything that happened. Like when Mahiro was going all emo (Right term?) for his family dying. I thought he was overreacting but till the final moments, I just realized that the girl from the beginning was the sister and thought she was just some girl he was gonna get busy later on... Everything makes sense now... :pokerface:

Last edited:

Episode 1:

Well this was another solid first episode. It looks like the fall season of anime has a strong lineup so far.

This first episode has a lot going on and at first it was a bit overwhelming but the episode managed to explain itself pretty well. It was all very fast paced but it didn't feel rushed at the same time. While it didn't have the raw energy of K, it was a much better episode in terms of characters and plot development. It's definitely set itself up a base from which it can grow this story into something great. I want to know more about the mage family's ambitions and why they are creating this black iron plague and I want to know more about the heiress on the island. All of it intrigues me. Also, the main duo seem like they are going to be fun together. Mashiro's wild anti-logic seems like it could be interesting especially when played off of the other guy as his straight man.

The one thing that confused me a bit was
it seemed like they were suggesting that because time was out of joint Mashiro's sister isn't dead but is the girl the other guy is dating right now. It seems like the timeline is all messed up and somehow she is both dead and not dead. Or at least that was what I thought that last bit was going for.

The highlight for me was definitely that battle with Yamamoto-san as the OP has named her. It was a well animated fast paced battle that showed off what someone with the magic of this world can really do.

I watched this back to back with K. While I enjoyed K a bit more because it was pure fun for the first episode. I have to say that this as actually the better first episode and I feel like this is going to turn out to be the better show. The first episode has a lot going on but it managed to handle it's characters and story really well.

Oh god, oh god... I'm SO happy they don't seem to be screwing up this adaptation! I'm almost traumatised from the extreme failure of Campione (5 light novels crammed into 13 episodes explains it all), but this is quickly returning my faith in adaptations. Not only did they not cut any original material or screw with facts or the order of events, they actually added some pretty good stuff that more or less took care of the pacing problems in the manga. The musics are awesome and the animation is quality stuff, if nothing amazing compared to some recent anime. I got the chills at the end of the episode, because it was better dramatised than I even hoped for. Just thinking about how awesome it's going to be, once it gets to the actually epic parts, has me all giddy.

Now, the beginning of this story is admittedly somewhat confusing and only moderately interesting, my joy comes from the comparison of the anime adaptation to the original manga. However, with this kind of a beginning, I have faith that when the story gets awesome, the anime will deliver at least as well as the manga did. And the manga is in my top 3. The main characters, both of them, are truly badass, and they're a fighting pair. I love cool fighting pairs, be they siblings, lovers or just friends. And this story's got an incredible plot: the manga clobbered me mentally about once per chapter. Not to raise your expectations or anything, but to me it seems that my most anticipated anime this year is going to reach its full potential. Early to say, of course, I may yet be disappointed, but the success of the first episode has given me faith.

Now, I'm going to explain a bit about the part that Itoukaiji01 has in his spoiler. Nothing really spoilery, just clarification, but if you'd rather wait for things to become clear through the anime, feel free to ignore this:
Mahiro's sister and Yoshino's girlfriend are the same person. She's dead, but both of the main characters have frequent flashbacks about her, making her an important character in the story despite her physical absence. Your "dead but not dead" observation is spot on, it happens to be a fairly central theme in the story.

Last edited:

The plot begins with the hero returning home and meeting his SWITCH a half naked girl is thrown at an island where she can’t cast magic through SWITCH the hero is bullied at school and his platonic girlfriend tells him to SWITCH they are on the grave of their family where they say someone SWITCH a female assassin is after the protagonist until he SWITCH a mysterious disease turns people to statues and the heroes go to SWITCH and then a huge cocoon hatches and the world ends.

Oh, wow, best teaser of a half season series I have seen in awhile. Let’s see if the actual show is as good…
What??? This was not a teaser but the pilot episode??? Jesus, why is the plot all over the place? They barely show something before they switch to something else. And don’t give me this whole “it is not wasting time in needless events” excuse. If you don’t invest time to the setting and the characters, then how do you expect the viewers to care?

A total fail of a start for a story that may have some interest. The production values are ok but who cares if nothing is important? Only Bones knows.
1.5/5 as a starting score.

Same here but almost the whole episode had me confused up till the final moments.
Took me a few minutes to process everything that happened. Like when Mahiro was going all emo (Right term?) for his family dying. I thought he was overreacting but till the final moments, I just realized that the girl from the beginning was the sister and thought she was just some girl he was gonna get busy later on... Everything makes sense now... :pokerface:

Oh wow, I didn't even catch that.
But yeah, pretty bossly pilot episode. I really liked the fight, hope we get more cool action like that. And it's got a promising and intriguing premise with some good animation on top of it. This should be fun.

episode 1.... now this has lived up to my expectations. nice story, nice relationships, just enough mystery to keep me interested and not confused, good characters, interesting motivations, and the bad guy looks like an "actually" evil Touga from Utena; let's hope he's even half as conniving.

this one has me sold.

Hey, at least you managed to figure out that. I was mindf*cked.

About that weird Iron Clad Face thingamajig... WELL, THAT ESCALATED QUICKLY. Seriously, that was way too fast to make much of an impact.

Ha, I didn't actually notice that.
But I don't think I'll keep watching it anyway.

While the first episode has me confused and not entirely sure about what the hell is going on, it still got me hooked. The action was really nice and the story has some potential. I'm going to keep watching this.

Episode 1.

Decided to give this a shot. I like Bones. And I'm liking what I see here so far. Like most of you mentioned, it was a little confusing initially because of the way it jumped around from scene to scene without really explaining or giving any context. But it did come together at the end.
I'm curious enough to see what this mage business and conspiracy is all about. I thought the battle at the grave site was pretty cool, that chick has sass. Not so keen on the protagonist/s though yet - we'll see how that pans out. Liked that chick on the island as well. I'll stick it out and see how it goes.

Episode 2

Wow this is great! It slowed down a lot so it's not as confusing as the first episode was. Still a lot of questions, which is good because i want to keep watching.
Why is Mahiro so confident, even though he's facing a full-fledged mage and he himself can only use the weaker artifacts? Has he really gone that crazy with revenge or is there more to it? What's up with the gunwoman and what does she have to do with mages? And what really has a lot of potential is the triangle of Aika, Mahiro and Yoshino. Who wants to bet the evidence leading to Aika's killer is going to point to Yoshino?
This ought to be good!

Episode 2
Suspenseful and why do I have a sudden urge to know more of Shakespeare's work?

What's up with the gunwoman and what does she have to do with mages?
She's working for the government and obviously they're totally useless since magic must defeat magic... how many times must uncle reminds us of this...

She's working for the government and obviously they're totally useless since magic must defeat magic... how many times must uncle reminds us of this...

Wait, do we know that for sure and did i miss something?
Because she wouldn't just be working for the government and be after a mage that's on an island somewhere. Also, how'd she know that Mahiro is working with that mage. I'm going to guess there is more to it than just that.

Yeah, you totally missed a lot from the first episode... you should re-watch it.

Ep2
- They act awfuly calm for the situation they are in
- So how did he get that doll communicator?
- Oh great, just continually run away from the murderous woman when you can defeat and disarm her so easily. She will only return with more guns and better prepared next time.
- Yeah, ok, speak Shakespear in an attempt to look deep. It barely helps to make the show more interesting.

Hehe... Don't be so sure yet. In Zetsuen no Tempest few things are as they seem at first. ;)

Ep 2:
I don't like what they did to this episode as much as I like what they did to the the first episode. The stuff they added is still pretty good, but I was disappointed that they failed to make the scene where Yoshino points the gun at Yamamoto with cold eyes even close to as impressive as it is in the manga. It's technically still the same scene (though IIRC the location is different), but the dramatisation simply fails to deliver the chilling coolness of that scene. Overall, however, this is still a first-class adaptation in my opinion.

Episode 2.
Come on guys. Shakespeare. A spear fighter? Where are the "Shake a spear" at jokes? Oy. Anyhow,
seems like Yoshino could have just gunned her down on the spot. I mean, she was right there. Maybe he has a plan or something. And Mahrio...that dude is a little off his nut. Either that, or he's just suicidally overconfident in his abilities.

Episode 2
I don't have much to say, but I like what happened. It's interesting to see Yoshino so level-headed despite all the crazy shit happening and I like the chemistry between Mahiro and the mage chick even if we've seen it before. Looking forward to next week.
Oh, and a decent ending, IMO.

First episode was cool, showcased the lack of ability by modern weapons to defeat magic.

Episode 2
Shakespeare was not needed.

Back