Penguindrum

Sorox

[sadht]Mawaru Penguin Drum[/sadht][sadhl=4209]Mawaru-Penguin-Drum[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

I have to say this was the show I was anticipating the most this season, mainly because it is Ikuhara Kunihiko's (the director behind Revolutionary Girl Utena) biggest anime project in years.

And this episode was really impressive I thought, my mind is blown :@_@: The animation and sequences looked stunning, really liked the music. There's an odd sense of humour and by the end of the episode a big sense of WTF. Penguin
magical girl transformation scene, was utterly fabulous :laugh: and just insane.
A quirky and intriguing show. There's a lot going on, including
incest it seems, haha

Looking forward to this one. The little teasers of this show piqued my interest.

As far as I know it's going to be a long series (24 eps), so it'll be a while until I get around to it.

WOW! What was THAT?

MSMM meets Alien Nine? Or something.

Loving the music. Fuck, this better not end up being ridiculous. Seriously.

The only thing I didn't dig
i fucking hate sister complexes, and this one seems to lead to an incestuous ambiguity

I have feelings of "What the heck did I just watch?" and "That was pretty awesome." I've no clue my feelings on this now. But yeah, spoiler tag time.

So the quirky little penguins are funny. I like them. At least they're clear about the incestuous feelings to begin with instead of leaving it up to speculation. And that over the top transformation scene was kinda cool. Though I feel slightly confused as to what's going on.

And some speculation:

So, did you notice the brothers were missing from the ED?, but there were two girls dressed the same as Himari with the same colored hair as the brothers. Why do I feel like there's also gonna be some gender bending too? >.>

I have feelings of "What the heck did I just watch?" and "That was pretty awesome." I've no clue my feelings on this now. But yeah, spoiler tag time.

So the quirky little penguins are funny. I like them. At least they're clear about the incestuous feelings to begin with instead of leaving it up to speculation. And that over the top transformation scene was kinda cool. Though I feel slightly confused as to what's going on.

And some speculation:

So, did you notice the brothers were missing from the ED?, but there were two girls dressed the same as Himari with the same colored hair as the brothers. Why do I feel like there's also gonna be some gender bending too? >.>
Yes
I noticed that. No idea what it could mean just yet. Another interesting point, if you look closely at the the family photo, you'll see a little penguin on the little girl's head.

holy crap. the animators of this one have been into shaft's supply of psychotropic drugs. That was trippy as all hell. the two siscon bros make hard to like protagonist though.

holy crap. the animators of this one have been into shaft's supply of psychotropic drugs. That was trippy as all hell. the two siscon bros make hard to like protagonist though.

Agreed. At least it didn;t turn out as BL, which is what I was thinking when
they were laying on top of each other in the hospital room. I would've quit this there and then.

this is not bad at all, and really weird at least starting at the halfway point of episode 1. I have no idea what's going on and that's a good thing.

I'll keep watching it, but the first episode really makes me frown. It's a lot of drama for what seems to be going to be a comedy. Oh well, I'll see how they handle everything.

Wha- I had no idea what I was walking into, but I quite enjoyed the first episode. Will definitely keep watching this one.
I loved the animation and background music, as well as the overall plot and characters. And those penguins? They made me laugh. Cute. I'm curious as to exactly what the Penguin Drum is...and if it was just coincidence that they were chosen for this or if it was indeed fate (and what role fate will have as it seems to be a big theme here). Also, who exactly is it that has taken control over her and given her this chance to live once more - and of what use will the twins be in her quest? And does he really have a sister complex (well, it did seem both of them had one...) or does it have something to do with what happened to him and his sister? So many questions just from the first episode. o: I'm well pleased. More plox.

GODDAMN SISCONS!!!!!!!!!

great animation and music, very SHAFT-esque which i absolutely love more than anything. But as Araragi-kun said, "siscons are the dreams formed by people who dont have sisters." I just hope it wont play a role in future episodes. Can't deal with siscons. Hope this was just a minor.....thing that happens...that is not relevant to the main plot. Hell.

GODDAMN SISCONS!!!!!!!!!

great animation and music, very SHAFT-esque which i absolutely love more than anything. But as Araragi-kun said, "siscons are the dreams formed by people who dont have sisters." I just hope it wont play a role in future episodes. Can't deal with siscons. Hope this was just a minor.....thing that happens...that is not relevant to the main plot. Hell.
One thing people should keep in mind is that Ikuhara has utilised incest before in Utena and not as some crappy gimmick (like in KissxSis or Yosuga no Sora). In Utena it's shown to be a destructive force if anything, and is arguably not central to the plot. It wouldn't be surprising if incest is used/explored in this show. But we'll see how it pans out.

As for the SHAFT comparisons, one must also remember Ikuhara's distinct visual style was in play before Shinbo rose to prominence. Don't get me wrong though, I really enjoy some of what SHAFT does :).

deep breath.... focus....

WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT!?

what is it this year with penguins??? i literally just finished watching Batman Returns like hours ago.

okay, let's try this again.

episode 1... sailor moon, madoka and star driver blended with rumbling hearts & the outcome of Fred from Angel. i say again WHAT THE FUCK!?

I have to say this was the show I was anticipating the most this season, mainly because it is Ikuhara Kunihiko's (the director behind Revolutionary Girl Utena) biggest anime project in years.
ooooooooooohhhhhhhh, that makes much more sense now. i'm in.... and i was not looking forward to this season.

Back