Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches

BrainBlow

Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches
Alt title: Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo

Synopsis, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual chapters and first impressions of this manga here. Full reviews should be posted here.

Convinced several people in the A-P Skype Chat to read it, so screw it, this manga MUST have a thread!
This is amazing stuff!
This is from the same author as Yankee-kun to megane-chan, and it brings the superb artstyle from its predecessor in along with a highly interesting story that pulls you in pretty quickly.
At the time of writing there are only about 32 chapters with 20 pages each, and each update is a massive joy.

I have to note that there is a small connection between Yankee-kun to megane-chan and this series though, which can be a bit spoilerific due to a brief, but notable, character cameo.
(Yankee-kun to megane-chan is a good manga in any case and should be read too)

I won't go into too much detail of the story here, as to avoid ruining the various surprises, but the art is a massive selling point. Few non-gag shounen series are this expressive in such an unrestrained fashion when it comes to faces, and it just never gets old.
I'll just say it now, but this series also has wonderful anime potential, especially when it comes to Voice acting.
You'll quickly get what I mean by that by the end of the first chapter.

So anyone seeing this should give it a read. Especially now that there still aren't that many chapters yet.

Last edited:
Re: Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (manga)

Manga's horrible, don't read it!

No, I'm joking, this manga is actually really good. It's way above par with great characters and a nice plot. Recommended to anyone who wants to read a good manga.

The style reminds me of the guy who did Mx0 and Pretty Face, and it's just plain fun.

Chapter 33: Hah!
That's quite the subversion of the whole "bring the introvert back to school" thing that I've seen in many series(including this author's previous work)
Gonna be interesting to see what power she has.
Also, loving the honest little sister.
:laugh:

Chapter 34
Well now that is an interesting power.
They'll probably be blamed for the fire in the end, but then there'll be some twist to it or something.
And I LOVED the ending! "Nope! We just swap spit."

^
Thought it'd be some future seeing but not something that specific. And totally agree on that ending, bloody hilarious!

Chapter 36
I'm just going to call it right now:
The fire was started by one (or more) of Itou's friends whom she mentioned that she tended to kiss, and it then makes sense that the fire is pinned on her and that her friends believe it to be her.
Otherwise, good chapter. Damn, that's a lot of off-screen kisses!
:megusta:

I just last night read this manga (up to ch 36, and ch 37 today)... Damn good. Reminds me of Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa, but this is better. A not-thoroughly-clichéd harem romcom with an actually interesting and intelligent plot, that's rare. And I'm loving the mystery and school politics elements. The comedy is a bit hit-or-miss on me, the romance need to get a lot better before you'll see me getting emotional over this manga, and Yamada is damn embarrassing in a girl's body, but overall I'd rate this as high as 4/5 stars. I'll definitely be following this.

Krozam said:
Yamada is damn embarrassing in a girl's body
pyamadakunto007ninnomaj.jpg
I still get a kick out of that!
:laugh::laugh:

Chapter 37
I do declare that these references to oral sex summoned a chuckle. Or ten.
I'm going to guess that we're introduced to him using an open flame to make food in the school building as a distraction, as the real cause will probably be entirely different.
Good chapter.

Finally caught up to it and as enjoyable as ever.

Chapter 38

I'll sum it up with a quote:

"I got this shit!"

Chapter 40 & 41
Huh... Well that was... awesome!
Seems like I was thinking too much into it, but oh well. That was actually a bit nailbiting.
Also, it's hilarious how at this point an affectionate hug is more embarrassing than kissing!
And yay, now Tsubaki isn't out of the loop, and can continue to be hilarious. Hopefully he'll keep making brutal mockery like when he first appeared.
And Yamada getting angry at Shiraishi was pretty awesome.
Nice ending to this little arc. Looking forward to more.

I finally got the time to read this. I was on hiatus with it since Ch. 38 (So ashamed) and now that I'm at the end of 42, I must say...
Ahhh, ahhh, ahhhh. Holy shit. The next witch is Frau from Robotic;Notes. It burns. Take the memories away, take it. :flip:
EDIT : Up to date and boy that was a good read. :)

Last edited:

Just marathoned the series and I'm feeling all the feels right now :crying:

1-72
Man what a wild ride, this is probably one of the best harem manga I have ever read. Not only is the use of the witch ability story device make for some ridiculously hilarious moments it actually helps create a well-developed story that I found hard to put down.

The characters are absolutely great, especially Miyamoo. He really was a pioneer with that telepathy power and his brand of bromantic comedy had me constantly on my sides laughing! I also kind of like how many of those who get helped but are not in the initial group still go about their lives outside of the club instead of slowly adding to the club's active members list. Its not innovative but it definitely makes the school feel more alive that there are important characters that frequently get revisited that aren't essentially always onscreen.

What kills me though is that plot twist a few chapters back, and not in a bad way.

With the whole memory thing working in the exact opposite way the group expected I'm really feeling that sense of isolation soul-crushing pain Yamada just went through. I don't know why but I did not see that coming... I was thinking it would be an arc or two of the group building Yamada back up from his delinquent life to the person he was just before learning about all 7 witches.

Hang in there Yamada, Shiraishi still sort of knows you... kinda, there is hope yet! I'm rooting for you bro :crying:

I know this is getting a live action TV show, but goddamn does this need an anime done by a competent team. This is just so ridiculously fun to read it deserves an high quality adaptation.

Now I'm going to definitely NOT cry manly tears and wish my 2d bro success.

Last edited:

I just ran through this manga in a couple of days. I am really impressed. The further in I read, the more I was into the story. The art is amazing showing facial expression that show who is who even when switched. The characters are all awesome. Now I must wait every week for a chapter:crying:

It will be interesting to see if this ends up having worked on Miyamura too. Or maybe there are different rules for non-witch persons. Either way, I am diggin the chapter.

Chapter 73
That was... interesting. Not only does she not have any memories of her time with Yamada, she doesn't even remember she is a witch. Thinking back that makes sense, she only discovered this when she fell down the stairs with Yamada as opposed to Odagiri who knew about her powers prior to meeting Yamada. She retained her knowledge of witches prior to being involved with Yamada.

I'm not too sure why him kissing them removes the memory wipe, he never kissed the amnesia witch, she just made physical contact. And even if he could copy that way (since her powers work by contact as well) he still grabbed onto Shiraishi... Maybe in 24 hours she'll remember.

What was that rule about him using witch abilities on witches already under the influence of another power? Did it overwrite the old effect or was it ineffective? Looks like Yamada is getting a re-read after ToG!!!!

Back