Takemitsu Zamurai

signorRossi

I am wondering if I am the only one around here who has read Takemitsu Zamurai and found it an utterly amazing and satisfying read? Some scenes were just so emotionally powerful or captivating that I still think about them now and then, I rarely get that reaction from myself nowadays that I have seen and read so much average stuff.

Reading it right now, and it's great!
I heartily recommend it to anyone that happens across this thread (i.e.- nobody :P )

Wow, with your addition the reading/read count for TZ on A-P here has reached the astronomical number 6. :smile:
A shame for a manga with such good artwork and so many marvellous characters.
BTW, did you notice how Matsumoto's art improved with the later volumes? And what are your favourite scenes? Mine are two,
the first relatively early when Kikuchi (best drawn char in this manga) visits Katsu at the archery range, when he has first a certain intent and changes his mind due to a little fellow), the second much later when Kikuchi 'visits' the apothecary shop where the Shinano samurai usually meet.

I don't have a favorite scene (yet), but pretty much every scene Kikuchi is in is perfect. I especially like the ones where he's just going about his daily life (like with the horse, and bathing in the river), though all the head-lopping-off that goes on is swell too.
Or the glass-eyed dude, where they went to so much trouble to build him up as this super-toughie, giving him backstory, etc. and then he's found dead two pages later, and it's all very nonchalant
I'm on volume 6, and I had suspected that the art was getting better (I keep finding myself staring at things for excessive amounts of time) but hadn't gone back to check.

Oh, and the bits of humor are perfect.

Last edited:
I don't have a favorite scene (yet), but pretty much every scene Kikuchi is in is perfect. I especially like the ones where he's just going about his daily life (like with the horse, and bathing in the river), though all the head-lopping-off that goes on is swell too.
Or the glass-eyed dude, where they went to so much trouble to build him up as this super-toughie, giving him backstory, etc. and then he's found dead two pages later, and it's all very nonchalant
I'm on volume 6, and I had suspected that the art was getting better (I keep finding myself staring at things for excessive amounts of time) but hadn't gone back to check.

Oh, and the bits of humor are perfect.

Hell, yes, the part with glass-eye robber-chief was funny. Big, though guy, king of the prison he thinks himself; unfortunately for him Kikuchi is already there, 'mommy' can't help him any-more now.

This has finally gotten ten users to rate it, landing it (for now) as the third-highest rated manga on the site. Hopefully that will entice people to pick it up.

Back