How to change your username (read instructions first)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
Interested in changing your username? No problem! But, you need to read the instructions and follow them first

Important note: username changes will be accepted for accounts older than 6 months old, except in cases where a user accidentally misspelled their name. Please choose your username carefully when registering, as requesting changes immediately upon joining takes up valuable time that could be spent on site features and other site upgrades.

1. Search for the NEW username in BOTH the site AND forum. If the name you want is taken in EITHER PLACE, we can't use it.

***The exception is potentially if the person hasn't logged in in years and has a blank profile. In this case, mention the situation and we will figure out what to do.

2. If your site/forum usernames match, you're done - post the name you want and mention you've searched both places, and we'll change it.

3. If your names don't match AND you don't have the same email account on your site profile, send an email to webmaster [at] anime-planet [dot] com from your site account email with the request, as well as posting in this thread

4. Names can't have spaces or special characters in them - they must be more than one letter, and a combination of letters and numbers only

5. You must make the request here in the forum thread, not through the 'contact us' site form

Last edited:
Re: Post here to change your username (read instructions first)

One year has passed since my last request and I guess my original request is still not available. Is it possible to change the AP and forum name to Yorick ? None of them are taken so I'll settle for this if I can since I can't seem to get the username I originally wanted. :)

you requested it twice, i denied it twice, and i left up the reason for an entire year in the beginning of the thread in hopes you'd come back and see it :pokerface: i cant remove an account that has content in it and is active.

changed to yorick.

I'm instituting a new rule that username changes can only happen once an account exists for 6 months.
registering and them asking me to change the name several days later is a major waste of time and takes away from content creation, features, etc - imagine if the hundreds of people who registered daily asked for this. I'd ask that people are more careful about choosing a username before registering (and also before requesting a change - assume that a name change will be permanent)

edit: please note that there will be exemptions for people who accidentally misspelled their name and would like the problem fixed. also, the rule will be instituted from this point forward - the existing user requests for people who just joined got lucky this time ;)

Last edited:

Hi sothis,

I'm requesting a nickname change. I'd simply like to remove the last part in my nickname so that it becomes: Dreamcatcher

I've done my research and in the forum there exists none but in the website there is one. As you can see, he's inactive since 2010 and has a minimal list, that's why I'm making this request.

My account is: DreamcatcherIMNS

Please let me know if this is possible, if it's not... :flip:

Eheh cheers!

This person has a full profile, so it will not be deleted

Hi all,

Username requests up to this point are now taken care of.

From this point forward, do not request a username change unless you ALREADY HAVE a forum account and your site/forum names do not match. We are working hard on getting the forum/site merge completed, and cosmetic username changes will just slow us down at this point. However, we do want to make sure that your accounts are linked if you already have both accts, so reply here if you need one of these changed to match the other.

After the site/forum merge launches, we will be adding a feature where you can change your own username, once a month (starting a month after you register), so if you have cosmetic name change you'd like to do, please hold off until we launch the merge (hopefully will go up within a few months). Then, you'll be able to handle the change yourself.

Thanks for your patience

Hey sothis,
My forum username was successfully changed to MoFried (thanks a lot). However, my site username remains MustafaD. Since they no longer match, could my site username also be changed to MoFried?

Thank you.

Hey sothis,
My forum username was successfully changed to MoFried (thanks a lot). However, my site username remains MustafaD. Since they no longer match, could my site username also be changed to MoFried?

Thank you.

Looks like it didn't stick the first time, now it has

Hello! May I request for a site name change to the one I am using right now (which is Waifu).
It never occurred to me that the site/forum info are kinda different..
Sorry for the inconvenience > <

Hi sothis I'm not sure if capitalisation makes a difference to the site/forum merger? My site name is ChaikaTrabant. Please can my forum one be changed to match, if it matters. If not, don't worry :)

Hi all,

Username requests up to this point are now taken care of.

From this point forward, do not request a username change unless you ALREADY HAVE a forum account and your site/forum names do not match. We are working hard on getting the forum/site merge completed, and cosmetic username changes will just slow us down at this point. However, we do want to make sure that your accounts are linked if you already have both accts, so reply here if you need one of these changed to match the other.

After the site/forum merge launches, we will be adding a feature where you can change your own username, once a month (starting a month after you register), so if you have cosmetic name change you'd like to do, please hold off until we launch the merge (hopefully will go up within a few months). Then, you'll be able to handle the change yourself.

Thanks for your patience

Thank you very much for the user name change sothis. :)

Hey sothis, I have one of those site/forum username mismatches you mentioned.
This is me on the main site: https://www.anime-planet.com/users/Kokoro911
For some reason whenever I joined on the forums it wouldn't let me use the same name as I'd claimed on the main site, and if you're working on merging things, (I'm not too late, right? >_>), I thought I should reply here to see about getting them connected.

Could I possibly have my main site name switched to kokoroK to match my forum name, though, instead of my forum name switched to match the main site? I've checked and kokoroK isn't taken there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back