Robotics;Notes

Damias

[sadht]Robotics;Notes[/sadht][sadhl]Robotics-Notes[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]
This is the first time I'm looking forward to a mech anime. During my 2-3 years watching anime, I would never bother watching anime involving mechs, such as the recognizable Gundam or such. Just recently, I watched Rinne and it turned my suspicion that the reason I don't watch anime of said genre was because of how the animation of the 90's or early 2000's just turned me off.
So yeah, long story short, me looking forward to some good looking animation anime, with some mech.

Also, from my understanding, this was made by the same people who made Steins;Gate and Chaos;Head. Should I watched both before I start this?

You don't need to watch the other shows. This one is set in the same world a few years after Stein's;Gate but there is really no connection between the shows which is why u could watch Stein's;Gate without watching Chaos Head.

I can't wait!! :D

And you guys do not need to watch either Chaos;Head or Steins;Gate before Robotics;Notes.
I've watched only Steins;Gate but I have looked up information about Chaos;Head, and the two don't really have any connection, so you can watch any one of them in any order

Just recently, I watched Rinne and it turned my suspicion that the reason I don't watch anime of said genre was because of how the animation of the 90's or early 2000's just turned me off.

What's wrong with the animation? I never heard anybody dislike the style of early 2000s before. I prefer the animation style of that time period over the modern styles. You also know that there have been plenty of mecha in recent years right? You make it sound like mecha was something predominantly made in the 90s. Mecha have been around since the 50s.

I watched Rinne and it turned my suspicion that the reason I don't watch anime of said genre was because of how the animation of the 90's or early 2000's just turned me off.
You imply that you liked Rinne just because it was recent and not because it was good...

I didn't think this was a mecha series. So I just checked out a brief synopsis and found that its a story centred on a group of students attempting to build a giant robot for real. So there you go, I was going to be checking out this show regardless, but glad to check the synops anyway.

I really don't want to stray away from the purpose of this thread but since I already crossed the line, I might as well explain. And to the moderators, if this is inappropriate, please move this to some other thread and I apologize.

Now for Damias' Corner...
I know there are recent mech anime but the reason I stood away from them is because when I think of mech anime, I think of the Gundam franchise and I find them really unappealing; except for the Mobile Fighter G Gundam, I grew up up watching that. Till recently, I started watching Rinne just for the heck of it and you know what, I enjoyed both seasons. (To rori, not gonna give a reason why though). After watching Rinne, I came to the conclusion that I don't hate mech anime just because it involves giant robots but because of the animation from those years. It really does turned me off and its not just for mech, it can be for any anime... but that's my standard...

This post sounds as if I'm repeating myself but being specific. Usually every time I do a post, I make sure I don't leave any loose knots for people to ask questions later or to be confused...

I hated Chaos;Head. I really enjoyed Steins;gate. Given the second sentence, I suppose I'll be checking this out, but with some trepidation.
This is the first time I'm looking forward to a mech anime.
[...]
Also, from my understanding, this was made by the same people who made Steins;Gate and Chaos;Head. Should I watched both before I start this?

Just out of curiosity, but if you haven't seen Steins;Gate or Chaos;Head, why are you looking forward to this?

What's wrong with the animation? I never heard anybody dislike the style of early 2000s before.
Getting old, Garyuu. Happens to us all eventually.

I know there are recent mech anime but the reason I stood away from them is because when I think of mech anime, I think of the Gundam franchise and I find them really unappealing; except for the Mobile Fighter G Gundam, I grew up up watching that. Till recently, I started watching Rinne just for the heck of it and you know what, I enjoyed both seasons. (To rori, not gonna give a reason why though).

You know I did like Rinne no Lagrange, but it's hardly what I'd call the best mecha anime, even of recent years. You may want to check out Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. And/or Bokurano.

(although obviously if you really want to settle down for a great mecha anime I'd point you to Neon Genesis Evangelion and walk slowly away but that's kinda old, innit.)

Just out of curiosity, but if you haven't seen Steins;Gate or Chaos;Head, why are you looking forward to this?
Actually, I look forward to all anime. This may sound silly to everyone but I choose my anime based on animation and premise from the Autumn chart. I have a list I made in my blog that goes into detail?...

You know I did like Rinne no Lagrange, but it's hardly what I'd call the best mecha anime, even of recent years. You may want to check out Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. And/or Bokurano.
I know Rinne isn't the greatest mech anime but it did spark an interest for me. I also have been attempting on watching Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann for quite some time now but because I'm watching a lot of anime every season, plus the prequels of said sequels and I have to deal with rl, I can never find the time to watch certain anime. :sweat:

(although obviously if you really want to settle down for a great mecha anime I'd point you to Neon Genesis Evangelion and walk slowly away but that's kinda old, innit.)
I'd be willing to give this a try since I do trust your judgement in anime. :smile:

Chaos;Head was great until about about halfway through when they explained what the mystery in the series was completely. The entire fun of that series was how you really had no idea if the main character was completely crazy or if there was actually some larger mystery going on.

As for Steins;Gate, all I've gotta say is if you haven't seen it yet, you're depriving yourself of probably one of the best series ever made.

Actually, I look forward to all anime. This may sound silly to everyone but I choose my anime based on animation and premise from the Autumn chart.
Oh no not at all I was just curious. I was interested in this series pretty much solely because I really liked Steins;gate. I'm not quite as enthusiastic Viduus of that show, but it was definitely one of the more entertaining 2011 anime for me.

this is gonna be another one of those shows with mulitple pages of discussion before the first ep een airs isn't it...

regardless, I'll definitely check it out. not that it's the sole reason I'm interested (robots!) but I'm in the same camp as Valondar as regards the prior two series

I have read a synopsis of the story in the game and it felt way too simple and dull compared to the previous games. So don't expect weird sciences and major plot twists this time.

I've got my hopes up for this one. I'm only watching a few anime this season, so I'm counting on it being decent.

Anyone have any info on the cast?

Well first episode is finally out
I thought it was pretty decent. It has an interesting premise, but it's only episode 1 so it's still really hard to tell how it's going to be. I'm kind of excited to see how/if it will tie in to steins;gate or chaos;head.
Also they should make a VN called semi;colon

I am going to watch this but..
I havent seen Steins Gate or Chaos Head, so if they reference those I feel like I may not understand fully what is going on.

ep1:
It's hard to tell from first episode of how the rest of the series is going to go, of course, but it seems good so far. Main guy kinda reminds me of the dude from Hyouka (which is not a bad thing). It does seem to have the premise of some people who aren't really special in any way are going to get mixed up with something waaaay over their head, so I await where that suddenly turns on.

As for tie in with the other two series, did anyone else catch the world counter clock from Steins;Gate at the start?
I am going to watch this but..
I havent seen Steins Gate or Chaos Head, so if they reference those I feel like I may not understand fully what is going on.
There weren't really any
Chaos;Head references in Steins;Gate, the two just happen to exist in the same world. I wouldn't expect that to change in this series.

Episode 1.
I wasn’t really sure what this show would be about. But seems we have a club that’s attempting to build the Gunvarrel robot which is inspired by the Gunvarrel anime and game as part of a larger giant robot surge in popularity in Japan. This robot is to be competing at a giant robot expo.

The lead chick is fairly Genki and pleasant enough, whereas the dude is the typical semi-interested aloof adolescent. How they play off each other will seemingly be a feature of the show.

The segment at the end indicates there’s something mysterious in the air – but just what/who/how is not at all discernible. There weren’t any other indications regarding this throughout the episode so don’t know what to make of that. I do hope something is going to be made of it though.
ep1:
It's hard to tell from first episode of how the rest of the series is going to go, of course, but it seems good so far. Main guy kinda reminds me of the dude from Hyouka (which is not a bad thing). It does seem to have the premise of some people who aren't really special in any way are going to get mixed up with something waaaay over their head, so I await where that suddenly turns on.

As for tie in with the other two series, did anyone else catch the world counter clock from Steins;Gate at the start?
Yeah it does seems that they will be involved in something way over their heads.

And yep caught that counter from Steins;Gate as well. Dun dun dun!

Back