Recent purchases

SpaceCowboy

really simple people just post what you have recently purchased with regards to everything anime and manga ^^ cheers

my recent buys

tokyo babylon (YES MEN CAN READ YOAI!)

mushi shi volume 1 of anime and manga

welcome to the NHK manga volume 1 and 2

my hime manga volume 1

cowboy bebop postcards >.<!

your turn ^^

tokyo babylon (YES MEN CAN READ YOAI!)

That was yoai? Was that limited to the manga only? (Or am I missing part of my memory)

Oh, I recently purchased:

Ranma 1/2 Seasons 1-4
Australian version of Dragon Ball Box 1 (Yet to come)
The rest of the dragon ball boxes (yet to come)
And some other stuff from the rightstuf sale.... (Yet to come)

here what i picked up on sale at best buy this month :)

Ai Yori Aoshi & Enishi
Blue Gender
Elfen Lied
Great Teacher Onizuka
Witch Hunter Robin

Witch Hunter Robin
That reminds me of my other nicks I've used in the past for online gamming

Witch hunter Bob (I hated that show though but I thought the name was cool)

PokemonCatcherBob

GundamPilotBob

That was yoai? Was that limited to the manga only? (Or am I missing part of my memory)

It's not yaoi. There's some shounen-ai, but it remained mostly in the manga.

The last thing I got in the mail was the 3rd Higurashi DVD, Nausicaa waterbook, and Xxxholic . . . I think 10. I never buy at stores cuz it's ALWAYS cheaper for me to buy online and I don't need to worry about those annoying kids who camp in stores ruining the new manga.

What I picked up this month:

AMG season one set for my brother.
My otome vol 3 (Two copies)
Bleach Vol 7
Witchblade vol 2
Hell Girl Vol 1
Eureka 7 Vol 10 (Two Copies)
AMG season 2 Vol 4
Karas The Revelation

I recently bought a few Sailor Moon and Utena VHS off of someone, because they were being sold for cheap. XD
I also bought a huge box of anime rom rightstuf, during the summer...
I'm probably going to go buy some more off of rightstuf, soon, of their real cheap ones, before they're gone, though I might have to wait 'til mid-late November (going to America for a few days, so I'm saving my money for then XD). :/

Edit: I might also be buying the ninth FMA DVD, soon, as that's the only one I'm missing. xD

I recently bought a few Sailor Moon and Utena VHS off of someone, because they were being sold for cheap. XD
I also bought a huge box of anime rom rightstuf, during the summer...
I'm probably going to go buy some more off of rightstuf, soon, of their real cheap ones, before they're gone, though I might have to wait 'til mid-late November (going to America for a few days, so I'm saving my money for then XD). :/

Edit: I might also be buying the ninth FMA DVD, soon, as that's the only one I'm missing. xD

talking about rightstuf. there having a 40% sale on some stuff right now, till 11/04

i be buying some stuff

the last thing I got was like 3 months ago :(

Vandread box for the dvd's with one of em in it and confidential confessions deai vol 2. (i was waiting a year to get it)

The last thing I got was in September I think. It was Mai-Hime manga Vol. 1 & 2

Yesterday I bought Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. Today I bought Howl's Moving Castle and Appleseed and Perfect Blue had arrived in the post when I got home.

Yesterday I bought Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. Today I bought Howl's Moving Castle and Appleseed and Perfect Blue had arrived in the post when I got home.

Appleseed? I hope the original and not the 2004 version...
Perfect blue is another great classic! Although I am not into J-pop so those parts were kind of hard for me to watch.
Enjoy!

Perfect blue is another great classic! Although I am not into J-pop so those parts were kind of hard for me to watch.

I almost stopped watching when I saw the idol concert. The 'grittiness' of the drawings though made me stick it out cuz I knew if it was just about that they would've made it more bright and pink. Thank god. I would put it as the best psychological thriller/horror anime out there.

The last volume of Haruhi should be showing up in a few weeks, and I've got Princess Tutu preordered as well. Also got the second volume of Karas a few weeks ago. Not much else lately.

Appleseed? I hope the original and not the 2004 version...

I got the 2004 version. Is it bad? Sothis' and DistMan's reviews made it sound very appealing. I can always go back and get the OVA if I don't like the film, as they had it for a fiver.

gyakusetsu said:
Enjoy!

Yes, the first few scenes made me a little skeptical about how it would turn out, but fortunately I stuck with it and it turned into a great, dark psychological thriller. I wasn't too keen on the English dub in places, so I will probably watch it again with English subs instead.

Back