Who uses Facebook? Impending project, maybe...

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
Who uses Facebook? We've created a fan page and group that we'd love for you to join.

Step 1:
Anime-Planet Fan Page

join our fan page! feel free to send to any of your anime friends on facebook who do or don't know about the site. hopefully this will get more people here to try out the features :)

Step 2:
Anime and Manga Recommendations Group

i figured it would b e good to create both a fan page and a group. since joining 'anime planet fans' would be uninteresting to people who haven't used the site, i decided to go with a new approach: recommendations. there are no anime groups for recommendations, so this might work out well.

what i'd like from AP members is to help give information out about the site so newbies realize how awesome our databases are. for example, let's say someone asks for recommendations for naruto. give your own opinions if you have any (if possible, link to the anime entries here in the database for each one), and then link to the naruto anime page with a note that there are tons of other recommendations for naruto there by users.

i've found that when people realize how great the recs are here, they stay! so this way, people on the facebook group can get anime/manga recs, while also finding out about the site :)

Share both of these on your profile and with your friends!

Last edited:
Ive been using it for about 4 years now. And Im involved in most of the largest Anime Groups there too.

Are you thinking about developing an Application? I think that would be an awesome Idea to have stuff like your stats displayed in your "Boxes" Tab.

eventually yes, but for the short term i'm thinking of doing two things:

1. creating a fan page (this is already done but not published)

2. also creating an anime group (i could mention the fan page on there too). given it would be dumb to have an anime group decided just to the site, i'm thinking it would be a specific theme (which ive come up with, but dont want to post publicly yet).

i'd be looking for people that use facebook to help implement the plan if possible, or get people to join the group :) if you run a huge anime group, maybe i could convince you to mention AP once i have it ready? it would be a great way to get new people on the site :D

I use facebook. Heavily. So I don't mind helping out if needed.

I have a facebook, but right now I usually go on there when I have messages from people. I don't spend much time just hanging out.

I spend a bit of time on Facebook all the time.
I'm on a few anime/cosplay groups. And I'm an anime convention staff member, so I can advertise your page/app on our page. Plus I have plenty of anime loving buddies!

I'd love to help out.

I'm on facebook, been using it now for wow 5yrs I think. I was a club officer at my school and started a group on there too, so I could help out.

I've got facebook, a great way to send out invites for an outing to the city, if their phone's can reach them.

Are you thinking about developing an Application? I think that would be an awesome Idea to have stuff like your stats displayed in your "Boxes" Tab.

i use it too, honestly i prefer myspace, but im ever double logged XD

a boxe will be veeeeery nice!

I have a facebook page, use it here and there

i'd be looking for people that use facebook to help implement the plan if possible, or get people to join the group :) if you run a huge anime group, maybe i could convince you to mention AP once i have it ready? it would be a great way to get new people on the site :D

well along with the facebook, I've mentioned these forums at the Anime Club meetings, and also I can place the sites name in both of our forums

Back