Discuss how to get certain badges here!

RamenPoodle

Most of the badges so far are straightforward enough, but...some may be kind of vague. So this thread should be used to discuss how to obtain these elusive ones.

For example, you may wonder why you haven't gotten "My Drill Will Pierce the Heavens!" even though you've watched Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and possibly even the movies. Well, as I found out, you need to watch everything Gurren Lagann-related--including both Parallel Works MVs and the Yoko Box MV--in order to earn the badge. Simply completing the series will not unlock the badge.

Finally, I'd like to thank everyone at A-P for implementing this awesome feature. As a certified Xbox 360 achievement whore, this really made my day to see this implemented. Keep up the good work!

How do you get the Experimental Badge? The description says "Watched 25 anime from Studio 4C," but I've already seen 26 and I don't have the badge.

Edit: Also the Gainax Badge... It says I need to see 15. I've seen 19 and I don't have the badge.

You're right, I forgot about the duplicates. :( I guess I'll have to go watch some more Studio 4C shorts.

How do you get the Detective Conan one? How can you possibly be a sleuth detective by simply watching everything Conan related? Unless, that is it... Which, it probably is O_o

How do you get the Detective Conan one? How can you possibly be a sleuth detective by simply watching everything Conan related? Unless, that is it... Which, it probably is O_o

I believe that there is a 2nd series that you have to watch as well...

How do you get 'huh!?"?

This is the one that I think is on everyone's mind the most. I've seen my fair share of mindfuck anime but I'm not quite sure how many and what specific series you must watch for the badge to trigger. If we compare the series watched on the lists of some people that have it we may be able to deduce a pattern. I'll look into it.

btw i do ask that people dont do a bunch of investigative markin g, ie removing everything from your list and slowly adding/removing things, or creating new accounts to test, etc. this puts a bad strain on the system for everyone who uses it :)

btw i do ask that people dont do a bunch of investigative markin g, ie removing everything from your list and slowly adding/removing things, or creating new accounts to test, etc. this puts a bad strain on the system for everyone who uses it :)

Sure thing :)

I must say, it was an amazing idea to do the badges thing :) i had a laugh when i logged it :)
"You've collected all of the Dragon Balls and achieved maximum anti-gravity hair, congratulations!" i laughed my ass off! nice job!

from what it seems like u need to complete more then 25 ova's/movies for it to pop up

Just passing by this time to say the new badges are cool. =)

I love that there is one for 20th/21st Century Boys, and other manga badges are starting to pop up =P

I'm intrigued by the ''Cool story, Bro!'' one. Hhhmm... I think I've seen that girl somewhere, but...

P.S. Okay, after thinking about it for a minute I know what it is, hehe. This anime is in my pending list.

I saw the Hachikuji badge just pop-up too!

Is it exclusively for watching Bakemonogatari, or just a certain number of dialogue heavy shows?

cool story, bro?

lol, I just got this badge and am curious how I got it. It's description seems fairly vague.

Logging in on that first day and seeing "You've watched an EPIC 50 Gundam titles! Your dying wish is to pilot a giant mecha and vanquish evildoers." was very lol.

Nice Boat Badge.. You finished School Days, and even saw the real ending!

Umm.. a badge just for one 12 ep anime? I don't mind much, but don't end up later on giving badges for every show ;D

Oh and I would like to know how you get WRAPPING PAPER ISN'T HAIR! o.o

^Not very show has a nice boat. The funniest badge for me was the Butt Attack Punisher Girl one.

Back