Anime-Planet will begin to add placeholder entries for missing series - more info!

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
8 years ago, when Anime-Planet was created, its main purpose was solely an informational database - no user accounts outside of the forum or personal anime/manga lists existed yet. Given how bad information on all of the other anime databases tends to be (copied from other sites, spoilers, synopses based on one episode, blank info, etc), one of my founding principles has always been to only put up a series if we had personally submitted information - this way, people could trust that if they find something here, it has info they'd care about.

However, given the addition of personal lists in the last few years, not having series info up isn't a good option for people who want to complete their lists. About a year ago, I started adding brand new season entries, even though they were blank, with the understanding that the info would be added quickly. To this date, that's been a success - we are only missing info on a few titles from the last year.

Given more and more people have come to rely on Anime-Planet for their anime and manga lists, I've decided to loosen the principle even more and start allowing more blank entries.

Starting now, I'll begin adding placeholder entries for any missing anime or manga that is readily available. What this means is that if at least a few episodes of the series is subtitled (ie, if someone wanted to, they could submit the information), I'll add it. At the moment I will continue to not add a very select niche of titles - ones that are totally unavailable period - but likely will eventually cave on that too.

In addition to blank titles, it will now be possible to add synopses but not screens (or vice versa) for 'blank' titles.

Hopefully this will help satisfy everyone who wants a complete list (by having blank titles), while still ensuring AP's info is always high quality and unique (by only putting info up once we get personally written/created info).

If you can, please start to list titles to add in this thread.

DO NOT LIST DVD SPECIALS FOR NOW, OR FALL 09 SERIES

PLEASE INCLUDE THE TITLE, AND THE ANN LINK

PLEASE ONLY INCLUDE NAMES FOR THINGS THAT HAVE MULTIPLE SUBBED EPISODES AVAILABLE

PLEASE DON'T LIST MANGA YET - THOSE ARE EASIER FOR ME TO DO

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Re: Anime-Planet will begin to add blank entries for most series - more info within

Death Note Rewrite 2: L’s Successors (no ANN entry; subbed version on thepiratebay)
Gintama OVA (subbed by Rumbel-subs and a few other groups)
Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann Parallel Works (no ANN entry; I'm not sure if it's been subbed, but it's just music videos so it can be understood without subs)
The Little Prince And The Eight-Headed Dragon (dubbed)
The Wild Swans (dubbed)

It might be a good idea to add a filter to the browse anime page that lets people search for blank entries (so that people who are interested in writing synopses will know if they've seen any blank anime).

Last edited:
Re: Anime-Planet will begin to add blank entries for most series - more info within

there already is one ;) though i discovered yesterday it has a bug

(side note: i'm really surprised that more people aren't excited for this o_o)

I'm excited about this, it'll make it easier to find shows to help add to the list to get screens for :)

Is there any way of running the AP database against the ANN one, and seeing which shows are missing?

H.

unfortunately no - but the main key is i want to only add stuff atm that i know is available for entries.

note: this is a perfect time, for those of you who aren't good at or dont want to do entries, to bring up names, a link, and at least some tags. then at least we'll have basic info., ^_^

tonight i plan on going through my 'to add' list and add a bunch!

Are you automatically making entries for the listed anime in Anime Addition Requests? If not, I suggest Babel II, which I saw a long time ago, rented and dubbed. It was ass.

(side note: i'm really surprised that more people aren't excited for this o_o)

I'm excited for it. I just can't think of any anime off the top of my head that I haven't already marked on my lists.

Now with manga, that's another story. But you requested we don't list them yet.:hamster:

yeah... manga being 'available' is quite a lot easier than anime at this point, as i can just go to certain sites and look down the alpha lists and add things.

anime is tougher cause we do have a pretty full database, and some things might be obscure but still findable, thus they would deserve an entry.

and yes the anime addition requests page will definitely be filled in!

I'm excited about this, it'll make it easier to find shows to help add to the list to get screens for :)

H.

this :D :smile:

Karas: The Revelation

The first part is already up and I heard the second is still pending. I would love to have this here. :)

Nearly all the anime I want is already in the db. There have been a few here & there which I wanted but weren't here, but I don't remember wtf those were.

Re: Anime-Planet will begin to add placeholder entries for missing series - more info

Are you doing this for Manga too? I realize it would be way more work, but I know I find that section lacking many more common titles compared to the anime sections.

Re: Anime-Planet will begin to add placeholder entries for missing series - more info

What a fantastic Idea.
I don't think we have a readily available title for Galaxy Railways yet do we?
That one is a pretty easy find.

More suggestions:

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete (no ANN entry; DVD has subs)
Ghost in the Shell 2.0 (no ANN entry; DVD has subs)
House of Flame (no ANN entry; subbed version on Youtube)

Not sure if this would fall under "DVD Special" but there's the Spice and Wolf II OVA, which served as a sort of "episode 0" for the second season. There is no ANN page for it but it's mentioned here and there is a page for it on AniDB.

there are now 100ish new placeholder entries o_o

and now that my tendonitis is out of control, bed time XD ill do more later

I sent in entries for Voltron/GoLion and Power Dolls a few days ago. Those are the only two that I can think of from what I'm missing.

yeah i got those - it's likely cassie will be getting in touch soon, as there's some synopsis feedback to take in :) (and i dont have much time anymore to train people)

Back