New users home unveiled (again)

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
Once again, we've rolled out a new users home page. It'll look pretty similar -- unless you aren't logged in. Now, if you aren't logged in, the same graphic from the register page can be seen; we'll change this on each of the home pages eventually (once each new redesign is rolled out) to include items that are applicable to that section of the site. If you are logged in, the graphic is replaced with additional boxes. New boxes on the users home include top recommenders of the week, random user with anime list, random top 5 anime list. Soon, we'll have this new design idea on each of the homepages (no more "sign up today!" on the main home page, for example, if you are logged in).
Please enjoy!

Once again, we've rolled out a new users home page. It'll look pretty similar -- unless you aren't logged in. Now, if you aren't logged in, the same graphic from the register page can be seen; we'll change this on each of the home pages eventually (once each new redesign is rolled out) to include items that are applicable to that section of the site. If you are logged in, the graphic is replaced with additional boxes. New boxes on the users home include top recommenders of the week, random user with anime list, random top 5 anime list. Soon, we'll have this new design idea on each of the homepages (no more "sign up today!" on the main home page, for example, if you are logged in).
Please enjoy!

WhOAAA. finally no more sign up icon on the home page. A great reminder that I am a member of the finest forum for anime. :drinking: CHEERS

Now all I need to do is log in again

Oooohhh this rocks! The "top recommenders this week" is a nice touch ^_^ Since the 'top recommenders of all time' list was pretty daunting to catch up to, this gives newer members a chance to be recognized for their hard work! (Go eppie!) :smile:

Oooohhh this rocks! The "top recommenders this week" is a nice touch ^_^ Since the 'top recommenders of all time' list was pretty daunting to catch up to, this gives newer members a chance to be recognized for their hard work! (Go eppie!) :smile:

and the old members to bath in their shinnying glory :crying:

well and honestly, top reccers of all time doesnt help most users. i still want to list it somewhere (and eventually ill have a "see all" so you can see everyone in order) but since it's not info you need a lot, it and the regular old "random user" are the two boxes that are replaced with the join us graphic if you are logged out. for fun, log out to see what i mean.

im hoping today we also redo the other index pages. ^_^

oh cool, lol thats awsome :P so how many users are anime-planet anyway??? hundreds, thousands, millions?

? Based on what?

Oh, maybe you're talking about the forum. Forum is currently at 3,043. The 8341 is the last user number on the main site.

yeah Forums, that its..

Hey Sothis, I got another suggestion (although you would think every suggestion I put forward is not really priority or worth doing [I still remember my beloved Anime random generator.. Tears) I noticed this when I first sign up, why not make the forum accounts and ani rec accounts linked. so you don't need to sign up for both. One easy sign up. two for one deal. free socks. etc. :balloon:

why not make the forum accounts and ani rec accounts linked. so you don't need to sign up for both. One easy sign up. two for one deal. free socks. etc. :balloon:

Two separate code systems. Can't be integrated without massive work. There's a thread or two or 50 around somewhere about it :p Was going to reference it for you, but I can't remember where it is. And I'm really tired. So I'm not looking. :p

Two separate code systems. Can't be integrated without massive work. There's a thread or two or 50 around somewhere about it :p Was going to reference it for you, but I can't remember where it is. And I'm really tired. So I'm not looking. :p

I guess your right. 1000+. that would take alot of work. I feel like ramen for some reason Reawen :ramen:

that count is a little off, but yeah! keep in mind that's users that have signed up ONLY IN THE LAST 3-4 MONTHS, as i didn't have site accounts prior to that. we are growing at a rate of about 80 site accounts per day. tell all your friends about us, etc! ^_^

that count is a little off, but yeah! keep in mind that's users that have signed up ONLY IN THE LAST 3-4 MONTHS, as i didn't have site accounts prior to that. we are growing at a rate of about 80 site accounts per day. tell all your friends about us, etc! ^_^

Ah phew... I though the merciful Sothis was going to scold at me again.
Well I try to get my friends to sign up, but apparently there are not as Otaku as me and they said I CBF.

So I will try all I can by making the forums as interesting as possible :love:

I feel like ramen for some reason Reawen
Haha, I'm going to bed. No ramen for me! :p

Aaaanyway, to get back on topic:
for fun, log out to see what i mean.
I just checked this out - that looks very cool! I love the graphic with the little snapshots of the pages to show off the features (that may have been there before... I never see that page logged out). :p

One tiny, tiny thing I noticed: On the graphic, where you have a picture of the anime list with different statuses, it has the old "saved" category rather than the "want to watch." That's pretty nit-picky - probably most new users wouldn't notice. Just drawing it to your attention as something you might want to change down the road :balloon:

Haha, I'm going to bed. No ramen for me! :p

Aaaanyway, to get back on topic:

I just checked this out - that looks very cool! I love the graphic with the little snapshots of the pages to show off the features (that may have been there before... I never see that page logged out). :p

One tiny, tiny thing I noticed: On the graphic, where you have a picture of the anime list with different statuses, it has the old "saved" category rather than the "want to watch." That's pretty nit-picky - probably most new users wouldn't notice. Just drawing it to your attention as something you might want to change down the road :balloon:

alright mate, good night, if you need to talk, I am here all night, its day time here. :frustrat:

Back