Rozen Maiden

D

dreadful

Rozen Maiden

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

From the creators of dears and based on the manga bearing the same name, with the music by project ali.

Seems kind of cute and gloomy/dark at the same time. Appears to be pretty descent but doesn't stand out as much as My Hime or Tsukuyomi so I guess not as highly anticipated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Although the dolls cuteness and personality could carry this show, there are some other nice things too. The relationship between brother and sister, etc.. The characters are a bit young for my taste, but then again who else would play with dolls. Music, art, plot, all in check.

Another nice show, 8 out of 10.

the intro, as already mentioned, by Project Ali (who did op for Noir and music for Avenger)

i like this show. already. i was wondering where it was headed, but its kinda interesting now. i'll definitely check out the manga too, Peach Pit has a way with shounen magazines >_<

Yup, I agree the dolls really do carry the show. I think Shiku really is the big star because she keep the series in check with her mannerism. As for the series as a whole, I've watched up to episode 4 and it seems to be aimed towards kids. I mean the brother is in middle school? And it seems that he has a pretty nice sister :P I'm still looking forward to future episodes though, the animation is pretty good, and yes the op rocks :)

i like this show ..good animation nice music and intresting story ..so i'm looking forward how the story will turn...

too bad it's only 13 eps

Usually I would say a show like this seems to be for kids but...

Episode 3:
Well just look at the OP. The guy gets strangled and crys...and the tears look like blood. Do shows for kids put stuff like that in? And Jun looks like he suffers from a phobia with the way he reacted in the 3 episodes I've seen so far. And when I was little, I would get nightmares watching killer clowns. LOL. But then again, I fear clowns. At first it seems like a kids show, but I get vibes that its more serious. I think.

But yeah, I like this show. Nothing fantastic, but I'm enjoying watching it. And I like the OP. I like Project Ali's style of music.

I agree, this show is great... it's simple and has a plot... unlike the last Peach-Pit story turned anime(DearS), which lacked plot completely.

randall said:
the OP is l33t ;D
The ED's better. =p

If someone had described the idea behind the show to me before I started working on the series, I probably would have laughed in his face. (actually, I *DID* do that) However, I was quickly hooked on the series. It's actually the only series this season that I'm actively keeping up with. (and, no, not just because I'm working on it... I'm watching the raws long before the translated scripts get to me because I can't wait that long :@_@: )

Episode 5 is a riot :smile: Though. Suiseiseki needs to be kicked out of the show altogether.

Quite right. She needs some serious stab wounds... if such things could affect a doll as much as they would affect a human. Heck, I don't even hate Hina as much as I hate Suisei Seki... and that's hard to do!

I like this show, and i would recomend it in the database, if i just can figure out what serie to "recomend from", perhaps a "If you liked that serie, watch this, ther are equaly odd" or something? :confused:

Anyway, atleast an 8.5 of 10 from me.

<---would highly appreciate a descrip/screens so she can add it to the db!

(caweman: you can't make recs for it, as its not up yet -_-... help me add it!)

for me, Rozen Maiden is a show of femdom...I mean, what kind of little girl doll is gunna take control of this random dude? :mad:

on a more serious note, this anime is fairly good, but it just doesnt compare to the rest...

I think Rozen Maiden was cool :) The music was catchy as hell, and i loved the looks of the show too :) Plot was somewhat funky, but i liked it. Shinku was almost scary sometimes, hehe :p

Having seen this series through to the end now, I can only say "wow". Only in anime would there be a "hero" with this many problems. Jun, if you can find a psychiatrist who doesn't think having dolls talk to you is a delusion, you should consider it.

And Sugin Tou is one of the class villains of recent anime. It's been a long time since I've seen anyone in anime so mind-blowingly cruel and emotionally sadistic

Michael Hopcroft said:
And Sugin Tou is one of the class villains of recent anime. It's been a long time since I've seen anyone in anime so mind-blowingly cruel and emotionally sadistic

Im a sucker for those types.

Katchura said:
Michael Hopcroft said:

Im a sucker for those types.
There can be a big difference in being cruel and cruel... I think Suigin Tou is a GREAT character and I like her... especially after the last episode... I can't really say why I like her and why I don't like some other 'cruel' characters... :-))

By the way... the episode where there's that fight because of the strawberry (if I remember correctly)... the part where Jun uses some 'bait' to 'win' Shinku... it was so funny it almost brought tears into my eyes... I think it was better than the jokes in FMP: Fumoffu...:-)) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back