Many forum accounts are being pruned

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
See the announcement on every page for more info.

To help with possible collisions of names (and to weed out a lot of old names with special characters, and/or because any forum account will have a site account for v3 and I don't want dead space), I've started doing a massive pruning of forum accounts.

I just removed about 1,500 accounts of users who haven't logged in for over a year and have 0 posts. I'm now going to look for other ways to cut off some of the dead weight.

Really, you could go either or on that. Anyone whose acct is more than a couple months old & still has a post count of 0 can be safely assumed to be dead. Likewise, anyone who hasn't logged in in a year (hell, cut that down to 6 months) can be safely assumed to be dead.

oh no worries - the pruning will only be people who really obviously wont be coming around anymore (or dont have site profiles and havent posted in forever, etc)

he only had admin set up as he was trying to fix something in the server ;) (he's changing it back now)

Doesn't really matter, still pretty funny seeing someone who joined 6 years ago & never posted until now. ;)

I just removed about 1,500 accounts of users who haven't logged in for over a year and have 0 posts. I'm now going to look for other ways to cut off some of the dead weight.
The right thing to do. We purge the accounts with 0 posts younger than 6 months or with 0..1 posts older than 6 months yearly. Not a single complaint on the matter in the last 9 years.

generallly i dont tend to care, but the problem we'll run into is people will create site accounts and the forum ones wont be able to auto create (as the names will be taken)

Well, hopefully forum accounts (the ones that are inactive) won't be deleted if there is a correspondent (same) username on the main site [because I for one have a bio and an extensive anime list on the main site but this is my first post since joining (THE FORUM)]

Well, hopefully forum accounts (the ones that are inactive) won't be deleted if there is a correspondent (same) username on the main site [because I for one have a bio and an extensive anime list on the main site but this is my first post since joining (THE FORUM)]

Ditto

Wow... what a boring first post :...:

I guess I don't really need a forum account in order to read the forums, (which is obviously all I do from my post count) but at the same time I would rather it not be deleted.

Back