Planetes

Escaflowne

[sadht]Planetes[/sadht][sadhl=463]planetes[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

I don't know if it's a spoiler,anyway:
what's written in the testament of tanabe?
there's no translation in the version of the episode i'm watching.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Planetes *

wow..i've started this thread without knowing it :p (the help required in the previous post is no longer needed anyway)

Last edited:

Oh my why is this not being discussed? Show was absolutely brilliant, a really refreshing change, and did everything really well. One of my all time favourites that everyone should watch.

Thoroughly enjoyed both the manga and the anime. Good stuff, and technically perfect.

i loved this show...I'm not a fan of the archetypes that Ai and Hachimaki are based off of, but every episode just got better and better, with character development and plot going exactly where I wanted it to go. There were few, if any moments where I feel like the writing backed itself into a corner and used some stupid deus ex machina to pull themselves out.

just finished ep14

this was the best kissing scene ive ever seen in an anime. no irony. i really mean it!

so far, it is one of the best series ive watched and if it continues this way... who knows? maybe number 3 in my top5?

It wasnt that good tbh.I had really high expactations before i started watching it,i can say it was a let down.Not like i'm saying it was bad,but it was okish 7/10 for amazing charachter development(might be the best in this case).

I love Sci-Fi shows, it give you a possible future of science development. I think Planetes was wonderful one, I finished all 26 episodes in one day!
Thank you guys :)

Hello to all. I'm new here :) I'm just finished watching Planetes! And I must say it's one of the greatest series I've ever seen! Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I really like the story and the characters, Youri is one of the best :))) And the end of the Planetes is soooo good and interesting! Can someone recommend something good to watch for me now? I'm preparing to watch Monster now.

Sorry for poor English. It's not my native language and I haven't practice :)

if you want something similar to planetes, just look at its recommendations(or my top5) :D

and yeah, planetes is totally underrated - it was so awesome!

ed spoiler:
a epic ending would have been when the series would have stopped after hachi open tanabes last will. saddest story ever!

Wonderful series that I'm proud to have in my collection... and my signature! It's barely out of my top 5 list. I loved the character development... the major characters and many of the side characters had their stories/background described and explored.

Who knew spaced debris could be so interesting?

Yeah, I agree with you both! Maybe someday there will be a sequel? Maybe about Hachi's brother or even about his sun? :-)

just got done with episode 12, all I have to say is....

HAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! *rolling on the floor*

Yeh I totally agree that planetes is underrated, while it was not what I was expecting it didn't disappoint at all. The blend of sci-fi and drama combined really well however my only negative point about this show is how it turned sooo serious just before the end of series. Might be I just didn't want to see bad things happen to the characters lol.

Nice to see a topic about Planetes. Loved that series! The characters and storyline were top-notch. Loved the way these characters interacted, felt really natural and thus made for a very compelling watch.

Ai and Hachirota are definitely one of my favorite anime-couples. And that makes the ending happy and sad at the same time.

One small point of critisism though, is that I think it's a pity that Fee and Yuri were pushed into the background in the latter half of the series. Understandable, since Hachi was the focus, but I would have liked some more developement for Fee (since Yuri at least got some around the halfway point), she was one my favorite characters!

Also, I really disagree with the review of the series that's currently on this site (Arcanum reviewed it and gave it a 6 overall). I plan to write a review of my own sometime in the near future and give my own view on the series.

Last edited:
Back