The Eccentric Family

Re: Uchouten Kazoku

Obviously me, oh wait. I don't think many knows of my anime habits. :I
I think average when I read the plot. Who knows. Maybe it'll be entertaining enough to keep me satisfied. :)

Episode 1:

...... meh~
I think the main appeal of this show is this urban world with tanukis, genbus and whatever more it's going to appear, but not for my part. I didn't care the characters and that 'past incident', I didn't laugh with the jokes, their dialogues are not interesting, I'm don't care those japanese mythological animals infiltred in the human world... usually I like urban fantasy (specially when the theme is conflict/influence between reality-fantasy) but here it was all indifferent, it's just 'special humans' (in practice it's what they are, not animals) talking about mundane problems. Although the preview
shows some god of thunder and a giant cat, maybe it improves something?
Something good to say... I liked the backgrounds, very samples but I find them nice. Characters' animation is irregular though, but it has some... curious style?
Not very entertaining, being honest.

Last edited:

Episode 1
I seem to had enjoyed this. Not to the full extent mind you but it at least had me glued me to my seat. I do like slow paced stories every once in a while and this is one of them. The cross-dressing male lead already had my attention, so I'll be awaiting the next episode. :)

Episode 1:

I kind of liked it. It wasn't terribly interesting or anything, but it is better than a lot of the stuff I've been watching lately. And the backgrounds are very purdy.

I had this on my wtw list. I guess I'll join in the discussion. I will be very bored after the 10th, when my thesis is handed in (anyone else really bored of me constantly talking about my thesis in this forum? Because I know I am!!! Fuck you, thesis) so I guess I can put up with meh anime over that period.

Episode 1:

I don't get it. 0.o

I'm surprised the words Pom Poko haven't passed anybody's lips yet. Although, I think this is going to be far less accomplished. I am not sensing a central conflict. There's nothing internal or external to the characters here that would drive them. Just a sequence of events and dialogue that don't really seem to relate to each other well. There is absolutely nothing anchoring the story in a way that I can orientate myself.

I do like the main character, who seems a curious agglomeration born of frivolous independence. He wears a cute girl form because he wants to; he makes his brother look like a pervert; he seems to have a dangerous relationship with some gangster lady; he smokes and drinks; all the while he's a tanuki. Ending theme vocalist has a gorgeous tone.

Apart from that, I have no clue what's going on.

Episode 1

Could go either way. I liked it, but I wanted more yokai and less melodrama.

After watching one episode, I'm pretty sure I'll either love or hate this show. Or somewhere in between. Anyway, the art/flow reminds me of Katanagatari.

Episode 1
Oh, Kumeta. Would it kill you to design women and girls with longer skirts? :flip: At least Benten's is knee length, but that's the longest skirt I've ever seen on a Kumeta character.

I was expecting a series-spanning conflict or something of the like to be introduced this episode, but looks like they just left it at introductions. Oh well, I'll give it three episodes to get started.

Episode 1:

I don't get it. 0.o

I'm surprised the words Pom Poko haven't passed anybody's lips yet. Although, I think this is going to be far less accomplished. I am not sensing a central conflict. There's nothing internal or external to the characters here that would drive them. Just a sequence of events and dialogue that don't really seem to relate to each other well. There is absolutely nothing anchoring the story in a way that I can orientate myself.

I do like the main character, who seems a curious agglomeration born of frivolous independence. He wears a cute girl form because he wants to; he makes his brother look like a pervert; he seems to have a dangerous relationship with some gangster lady; he smokes and drinks; all the while he's a tanuki. Ending theme vocalist has a gorgeous tone.

Apart from that, I have no clue what's going on.

Feels like Kevin Smith or Richard Linklater movie doesn't it?

-Episode One-

Don't know what all the hate is for, I mean, first episodes are supposed to be about world building and introducing characters, not start off running with a plot or action or tits or whatever you people are looking for. It wasn't even that slow paced. Introduced a handful of characters, showed them all to be unique and interesting in their own way. Let the plot kick off next episode. It's not a big deal.

^ I find the implication hilarious. Just because I find the first episode to be boring with boring dialogues and a boring setting, that means I hate this because there's no blood-pumping action or humongous tits occupying half my screen. Because I totally hate build-ups with none of the aforementioned.

Okay, keep thinking that. If the next episode seems any better, I'll say so.

^ I think the implication that I was talking specifically to you is far more hilarious.

Obviously not. But it's not farfetched to think I'm inside the group of ''you people'' you refer to, or is it?

I have, after all, expressed my negative input on this episode like the rest did. And I obviously talk about me because each person will have their own reasons to dislike it. Geez...

Back