Major Season 4

asucrews

[sadht]Major Season 4[/sadht][sadhl=1683]major-season-4[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

After the final game of his Seishuu team against the goal he set himself, Kaidou - the team he left to play against, Gorou has no feelings of remorse anymore. Again he decides to take a step forward and challenge himself.

Saying one more time good bye to Shimizu and his friends, he leaves for the USA, where he plans on competing in the Minor League.

This is where Season 4 starts, in a country that`s foreign to him, a baseball style that`s unknown to him and new friends and strong rivals who share the same love to the game as him. Accompany Gorou in his neverending quest for new challenges.

started airing 01/05/08

okay so i really like first three and can't wait to the 4th. anyone eles fellowing this series

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Major 4th Season

The suspense of waiting is so strong, it's almost like foreplay. I'll literally be bouncing on my seat all the way through to the end of my exams. *rubs her thighs*

I just watched ep one of season 4 and this show is just plain awesomeness. I'd be hard put to name an anime character I like more than Goro, his enthusiasm, will-power, and general temperament are so refreshing and different from the run of the mill anime protagonists.He is the Rambo of baseball, and I can't wait to see him finally make his way into the Major League and own everyone

Last edited by a moderator:

Episode #: 1
Woah... look at that animation (watching h264 version). Production value improved at least three times. As for Goro *Engrish* NICE BODY! Heehee!

LOL!! His first experienceof the US is a slut who robs him. The Japanese really don't think much of Americans. Oh God, hope that Engrish isn't going to keep on THROUGHOUT the series! (Terrible images of 26 episodes of Revy style dialogue).

Tryouts: LOL!!!!!!! Too hilarious when he slips and misses that pitch. Jesus that's embarrassing. Great twist, though. Excellent cocky grin as he walks onto the pitch. Kick the shit out of 'em, Goro!!!

*smacks forehead*

Okay, well, we didn't expect it to be THAT simple. Love it when Goro gets disappointed. Stunning and tense moment, though.

.... Wait, that's the END! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to see episode 2 so I can hear the new opening theme. Love the ending theme already, though. My favourite line of the entire thing has got to be: 'The American dream ain't that simple, Asian rookie!'

Last edited:

Episode #: 1
Ep 1 was like a prelude to something big to come, it ended with a good cliffhanger as usual in Major.

Maybie now he'll dedicate to create the pitch i hope to see this season
the gyro-fork

Episode 2:

OH MY FUCKING GOD! GORO BROKE THAT GUY'S BAT!!!! HE BROKE HIS BAT!

And LOL! That blatant racist in the group. I wish this was an accurate reflection of Americans - it would just be too funny. HAHAHAHAHA! Actually can't stop laughing. Never seen an anime puling the race card in my life.

That was superb. SUPERB!!!!

Finally got ep 81 subbed. It was awesome, as expected. I hope the next episode doesn't take two weeks to be subbed.

Vivi's Queen:

Well, I wouldn't say Goro has broken the bat - I guess there need to be 2 persons for that :-) Anyway, according to the OP, we will see *A LOT* of broken bats in Major 4, it seems... :-D

ingrey: Bah, 81 isn't out yet. In HD :-)

Vivi's Queen:

Well, I wouldn't say Goro has broken the bat - I guess there need to be 2 persons for that :-) Anyway, according to the OP, we will see *A LOT* of broken bats in Major 4, it seems... :-D

ingrey: Bah, 81 isn't out yet. In HD :-)

I wonder if Goro is going to make it to the World Series by Season 5. Yeah, I can't wait till his fast balls are 150 mph and he breaks every bat.

Haha! Watching it now - half way through.
Just to say, who needs Martin Luther King, when Goro's apparently solving two-hundred years of race relations in two episodes?

Sevencreature:
There was anothe broken bat in this episode. Haha!

My opinions on this episode:

The series hasn't lost its pacing, but there are a couple of things creeping in I'm not sure I like:

1) The enhanced comedy element. There was always comedy in Major, but never before has there been a 'kissing' scene where the mouth is exaggerated like that. Also the number of NANIIIIIIIIIIII! was like 'er, what?' I hope to God that's a one-off, because it detracted from the realism.

2) People dealing with personal issues in Major has always been the best part, but I'm not buying the whole racism thing. Internal weaknesses, bullies, physical handicap etc, sure, but racism? After years of being taught by his Daddy to hate the 'coloureds', some guy learns to change his mind in two episodes because of baseball? Er...

3) Excellent to see the animation is FINALLY catching up with the quality plot. Some of those movements are genuinely fascinating because they look so real.

Overall, loving it pretty much as I did before, but I'm anxious about certain elements. Anybody else notice those things?

Last edited:

Haha! Watching it now - half way through.
Just to say, who needs Martin Luther King, when Goro's apparently solving two-hundred years of race relations in two episodes?

Sevencreature:
There was anothe broken bat in this episode. Haha!

My opinions on this episode:

The series hasn't lost its pacing, but there are a couple of things creeping in I'm not sure I like:

1) The enhanced comedy element. There was always comedy in Major, but never before has there been a 'kissing' scene where the mouth is exaggerated like that. Also the number of NANIIIIIIIIIIII! was like 'er, what?' I hope to God that's a one-off, because it detracted from the realism.

2) People dealing with personal issues in Major has always been the best part, but I'm not buying the whole racism thing. Internal weaknesses, bullies, physical handicap etc, sure, but racism? After years of being taught by his Daddy to hate the 'coloureds', some guy learns to change his mind in two episodes because of baseball? Er...

3) Excellent to see the animation is FINALLY catching up with the quality plot. Some of those movements are genuinely fascinating because they look so real.

Overall, loving it pretty much as I did before, but I'm anxious about certain elements. Anybody else notice those things?

I agree, I hated the kissing thing, and the protruding lips made me hate it more. Less comedy of that nature please, there are enough other anime with exaggerated humor, they don't need it in Major. The racism thing was kind of rediculous imo, as well.

I wonder if Goro is going to make it to the World Series by Season 5. Yeah, I can't wait till his fast balls are 150 mph and he breaks every bat.

plz no :/ Even in the Major Leagues fast balls over 102 mph are extremely rare. Faster one ever clocked is 107 i believe. Also, breaking bats isn't all about the speed. If the batter is too slow and hits the ball near his hands (at the thinnest of the bat), it'll actually beak surprisingly easy. If you hit the ball at the tip of the bat a few times, it'll start to crack and eventually break as well.

Yeah, pretty weak episode. I would say the worst Major episode so far - the fist one I've actually fast-forwarded >_> Shame.

ep. 82 is already out and subbed, will post my impression after I watch it.

ep. 82
Goro's reaction was a bit more negative than I'd expect of him, but I guess its understandable given the circumstances. This seemed a lot shorter than it actually was, so I'm anxious to get the next installment.

Episode 82: I will never get over the ugly opening theme. However...

FINALLY we get to see some emotional turmoil. It was a bit of a blip considering Goro has never really had a crisis before, and I'm sure he'll get over it pretty quick, but it was the first time this season that I'd emotionally connected with what was going on. I think the only other time I get emotionally connected is when his family or Shimizu comes in the story. Lol. Most of the rest of the time I'm just pumped up or something. Anyway, I thought this episode was an improvement, but I really think the season needs to introduce a genuine heartwarming story into it. Something that's about personal troubles, and not just baseball. Obviously, it should connect, but there needs to be a subplot. Perhaps Goro's new-found insecurities will provide that.

I disagree with Ingrey in that I think it's quite believable that he went for such a negative reaction, even though it's not what I expected. He basically has alwasy been the top guy, no matter who he goes up against. The only time he hasn't been the ace is when there's been someone else around who was an adult baseball player. However, here he is with people who are meant to be his peers and yet there is someone else who is the ace, not him. Furthermore, he can't just catch up with Sanchez through a couple of days of power-ups like he could with all the other adversaries he's had. It's the first time Goro's gonna have to actually work hard to catch up - not just to be better, but to just be as good as the others.

FINALLY we get to see some emotional turmoil. It was a bit of a blip considering Goro has never really had a crisis before, and I'm sure he'll get over it pretty quick.
He basically has alwasy been the top guy, no matter who he goes up against. The only time he hasn't been the ace is when there's been someone else around who was an adult baseball player.
Nope. Seems you are somehow forgetting the whole Season 2 :p First meeting with Kaido and especially with Mayamura :p

Back