Spice and Wolf

Lenaxia

[sadht=Okami to Koshinryo, Wolf and Spice]Spice and Wolf[/sadht][sadhl=1663]spice-and-wolf[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

Episode #: 1
This looks like a really interesting anime and I'm looking forward to it. The tags listed for it on another site are "adventure, romance, seinen, supernatural". There is a companion manga that is being released and it differs slightly but follows the same general story line. i.e. Chloe is a guy in the manga.

From what it looks like, it's going to be a story driven anime since neither Lawrence nor Horo really look like they really want to fight anything. I think I'm just glad for once that none of the main/supporting characters are complete idiots. I'll definately be following this one for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
1st Episode Impressions: It didn't have any spectacular freshness in the story, but it did its job. It provided an introduction to what will most likely be the two main characters, and gave a bit of background on their varying motivations. The animation seems average without any high dollar expense or pathetically similar character designs. As far as the plot goes, well with the first episode as my only guide I'm still going to guess this is going to be a day-tripper or short arc only series.

copypasta~

ugh.... well, they did some things right but... the changes from the manga are all negative. They didn't express horo's emotions nearly as well, and Lawrence is WAY weaker of a character. They got the character designs alright, but the art is simply not as good (not that that's a surprise since the manga art is in-fucking-credible). It wasn't all failure, but I definitely think it will be one where reading the manga is a more worthwhile experience, especially since the animation is pretty static.

I absolutely dislike Lawrence's voice actor (he should have had a Ginko style voice...) however, I will say that this show's soundtrack has already proven to be out of this world. I will definietly get the soundtrack, hell I might even import the damn thing - the opening theme is beautiful and all the insert songs and the ending all had a beautiful and very tonally fitting sound. I wouldn't mind putting this on while I read the manga, heh.

So far it seems nice, probebly one of the few that peeked my interest somewhat of the new anime's so far.

I really enjoyed the first episode of this. ^_^ Jun Fukuyama is my favorite seiyuu ever, so I'm very excited for him playing Lawrence. I've never read the manga, but now I'm tempted to since it seems everyone above enjoyed it. Loved the opening and background music, but the ending made me cringe. >.< (Oh Engrish...) This is the only show I'm picking up from the winter season unless there's a break-out hit.

I agree with Deus. Lawrence is a quite a dropoff from the manga. I get the feeling that the anime is going to flux a lot between light moments and key heavier moments, which might or might not work out well considering this story's not really built like that (the manga's more smoother and doesn't have the "nosebleed" moments so accentuated). The manga had chapters like that, but it didn't feel as . . . prevalent. I'm also still worried with Lawrence's overall weaker character whether or not they are going to push him towards a teenage male character sans nosebleed. The voice definitely fits the new weaker Lawrence at least which should make some people happy (like Kyjin), but for me it just keeps on reminding me that Lawrence is weaker, which isn't good. I guess though it won't be long cuz the next episode should have them at the church/inn and meeting with Zeren. That should flesh out whether or not Lawrence is going to be a child or adult.

Horo, conversely, appears to be a bit more mature in the anime than the manga (that may be because she didn't express herself), which is okay, though I hope it's not going to accentuate Lawrence's weaknesses. Again, the church should tell.

Regardless, even though there are other things I'm anticipating more this season (GSG, Shigofumi, Kara no Kyoukai), I think this is the only one I'm going to watch as it comes out. GSG, Shigofumi. and Kara no Kyoukai I'm probably going to watch once they are all aired.

I haven't read the manga, but I thought the first ep was enjoyable. Nothing real noteworthy i guess, but i lolled heartily when his friend appeared at his window with the wolf mask, since i was expecting the actual horo in a wolf form. I wasn't a fan of the super-wolf-like moon howling, but i suppose it's consistent with what they're going for.

It's one of the few shows I am gonna follow this winter season and I hope it will be rather good . I hope they develop the whole conflict with the church thing .

Episode #: 2
A highly enjoyable anime... Lolz.. Just saw ep 2 and thought it was pretty good.\

I watched the first two eps. I already know it's gonna be one of my fav all time animes. But everyone seems to be saying the manga is so much better so I'll be checking that up soon.

Last edited:
I'll watch episode two once I get home from class today, but nevertheless, I wasn't that bored while watching the first episode, and some of the shows that are set to air this season seem very dull and unimaginative. That's why I'm happy about Wolf & Spice. Wheat wolf deities may seem uncool at first, but when shows about otherworldly postmen start showing up, what show are you gonna watch?

Last edited by a moderator:
Informative thread. Assuming I wanted to read spoilers. Can anyone share any info that isn't a spoiler?

rockenroll4life was about the spoilers.. Though I see no point since everyones seen everything.=P

Informative thread. Assuming I wanted to read spoilers. Can anyone share any info that isn't a spoiler?

Mine doesn't really have spoilers so I removed the tags. Not that much information though, but we can bash Shigofumi together if you want!

My post made mention of an incidental meeting with a random guy, and all I said was it would tell you whether or not Lawrence would remain a kid or adult. I don't think that's a spoiler. But whatever. It's just like if I mentioned when Lawrence first meets Horo whether that would decide if he's a nosebleed boy or an adult. Not really a spoiler, though I guess if you were to believe Lawrence and Horo won't stop and talk with anyone in the show, what I said would be a spoiler.

i liked both eps,seems very deep and philosophical...i love the op xD

Sorry guys it isn't that the information you posted was spoilers its just I'm following the formating thats in this sections rules....Which I'm sure no one read. T_T. This can find this sections rules here

Discussion Format
-----------------------------------------------
You must mark the content of each post with a spoiler tag, and episode label; this is because different people watch different releases, and might not be at the same point that you are.

Please use the following format:

Episode #:
Stuff here

Back