Akame ga Kill!

^ Please tell me you won't read it, though. I can see you slipping spoilers every two minutes if you did. :troll:

^ T_T how mean
I have refrained for them for quite a bit now via self control >_>

I havent and chances are I wont. Unless they butcher anime, which I will know with your people reviews. Then i'll read it to get best outta story and Well When I read it, I'll drop then anime anyways. No fun left in watching then ;p

I do think you'll have fun with it Brad. Just remember not to take it completely seriously. The core plot, big events and fights are solid but some characters and mood shifts can get silly, mostly at the beginning while the authors were still finding their footing.

Other than that it's all up to the execution of the studio I guess. I'm being cautiously optimistic. :thumbsup:

Does it has nekos? Cause that will be fun in more then one ways `-`

Errr... N-no, no. Of course it d-doesn't. Haha, ha... ha. :nervous:

Okay, kinda does. Just Leone, she gets claws and ears and such. I'm confident Brad will look past that though because Leone is love.

See we got Instant Fun :laugh:

(How I wish every show has some form of neko char)

all aside Im looking forward to it.

judging from PV it will have fair number of battles

Does the series has good amount of bloodshed? Or it doesnt show it much like many shows?

Plenty of blood, and then some mild gore that will likely be censored, but it should be done discreetly and won't take away from anything.

Now I'm pumped up ever more
Nothing beats blood filled action, I hope tokyo Ghoul and this delivers the dark nature show I been craving for

Basically if you're looking for bloody action with a good enough plot to string everything together this is the show for you. The PV for this has given me some hope that they will get this right.

The biggest thing I could urge people is to stick with it for the first couple of episodes, because I could see some people pretty much dropping this when it starts out like the most cliche shounen ever. It quickly changes into something much darker and there's a certain make or break moment that I hope they get right.

for those that have read the manga:

I mean the moment that Tatsumi kills the first villain without hesitation that was the moment when I started to take the manga more seriously and it was a fun ride for it.

Speaking of the art style I really hope they also get the more inspired moments to look right because some of the exaggerated faces might look silly if the get the tone wrong. In general the artstyle is pretty standard bordering on generic, but it actually makes the more insane moments stand out all the more.

Maybe spoiler like but my opinion on the manga...Don't read if maybe you don't want a second opinion
The manga turns into an emo trip that just focuses on a chapter based competition of which fight can be more bloody than the other IMO.
It's my kind of show :)

That was okay although I can't exactly say I was thrilled about the way this was executed at all.

Episode 1:

While I do think this was the worst part of the manga, somehow it feels significantly extra awkward here. This is going to sound very harsh but the second half didn't leave much of an impact and the handling of the tonal changes was pretty jarring actually more than I remember them to be. That fact doesn't sit too well with me and the Sayo part felt extremely silly and abrupt. The dialogue choice was also a bit stilted and weird in certain moments though nothing really bordering on very bad and the characters are close to how I imagined them to be bar Tatsumi who seemed slightly off, however that's just nitpicking .

Overall there were a few issues I had but hopefully this is only a small hiccup and the fun factor's going to ramp up soon enough with the later tenser serious moments blowing me away.

Last edited:
Back