D.Gray-man

Wolfco

Forum Moderator
D.Gray-man
Alt title: D. Gray Man

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here.

I'm giving the initial shout-out to DGray-man because it has potential. I liked the first episode. You've got humor, horror, and most important strength of character. I just hope it doesn't go the route of super-depressing everyone's going die but we fight this hopeless battle anyway syndrome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: DGray-man

We have watched the first 2 episodes. To me, it seems to have an FMA feel to it. I think I'm really going to enjoy this series. The 2nd episode has some great hilarious moments.

I've read and loved all the available manga, and I love the anime the same so far. Linally = teh hotness. :D

The story seems not very interesting, but the animation is really good, will watch more

I still don't know about this one, I liked the first episode, but the second episode bored me.

Shigure said:
To me, it seems to have an FMA feel to it.

Well, he do has something in his hand most others don't, true, but if that's the criterion then to stay consistent you must sumbit that it also has a Yakitate Japan!! feel to it... In fact, it has more to do with Yakitate since Asuma Kasuma's hands are good enough to send people to heaven and the D.Gray-man protagonist salves souls that may return to heaven! :P

Seriously though, after having viewed the first episode I more felt a family resemblence to Chrno Crusade than to FMA.

Last edited:

Anybody else notice that Allen's seiyuu also did Lucy/Nyuu? I keep seeing her in my mind when he talks, it's weird. Anywho, I've only seen the first episode so far, but me likey! ;)

I read the first few chapters of the manga some time ago and I found it a bit boring. However after seeing the first 2 episodes I'm starting to like it, although that's mainly due to the fact that they skipped some chapters. Anyway I can't wait for episode 3.

Well i cant get thru ep 1. Boring and childish - i feel shamed, since i have a rule to never drop series before seeing at last 3 eps.

I nv read the manga but straight away followed up the anime, it makes me bored sometimes, bt.. it's still things dat attract my sight

DGray Man has just hit episode 21, and I've been watching it throughout. The animation has been decent, bit it does tend to drag a bit.

Episode 21 brings something interesting, so I hope it can pull itself up from the bootstraps. I really it want to become something to I want to watch rather than something I download to kill time. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I think it's the pacing that's just poor. Elements of plot have been put into place, but not enough to really make me care. Yet.

I keep watching this, and watching this, why the hell am I watching this?

The show almost always seems on the verge of becoming interesting.. But never gets there.

Maybe I can stomach it seeing as it's at least more entertaining than Naruto filler.

It took over 50+ episodes and it finally looks like the show might be taking an interesting turn. I'd like to help you with this Sothis, but my feelings about this show are pretty jumbled. On one hand the characters [Excorsists/Noah] are fairly interesting, but I absolutely hate most of the artwork for the Akuma. Character progression has been next to nothing. I can't even say that I love to hate this show. It's more like I want to grab it by the scruff of the next and give it a good shake.

The past couple of episodes (just finished watching #57) show promise, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. Nothing up till now has warranted a reprieve. Dooom! Doooooom!!

On one hand the characters [Excorsists/Noah] are fairly interesting, but I absolutely hate most of the artwork for the Akuma. Character progression has been next to nothing. I can't even say that I love to hate this show. It's more like I want to grab it by the scruff of the next and give it a good shake.

I agree. The akuma really do look rediculous for the most part, and the slapstic comedy elements really do make this anime feel very unbalanced. I'm not averse to comedy elements in dark anime, but they shouldn't undermine the general mood of the show. So far I've given it 3 stars based on my viewing so far, mostly for the great, victorian gothic animation and the bits of the show that conform in mood to the settings. Otherwise it's just a typical shounen with cliche characters.

I like it allot , im at ep 50 i think and it used to be in my top 5...i guess its #6 or #7 now..

which sub-group(eng. subs of course) would you guys recommend for this series?

humm I like the way akumas look!both Millennium earl and akumas are kinda joker style and I like that.thank god damn fillers are over!noah family are totaly awesome.kmui and cross are my fav characters.well i just watched ep 60 and I will seriously kill somebody if they go into filler again.at the end this serie is very good and interesting and uniqe in some ways.

Back