[REQUEST] make character comments easier to find

Aranneas

this request takes one of two forms; either

- add a column for 'comments' on the character listings for a series (ie, www.anime-planet.com/anime/sword-art-online/characters should have a comments column); or,

- add the ability to search for characters in the db based on shows they appear in ( so either a brows by anime/manga tab or a search by anime/manga field on https://www.anime-planet.com/characters/all )

one of the biggest interests for me in the chara db is what people are saying about characters: especially characters I added or characters from shows I worked on. in fact, this can sometimes be helpful - users often leave character questions, concerns, or suggestions in the comments section and it can be good to check these once in a while.

but this information is annoying to track down - I either have to do a very fiddly character search to get what I want, or open new tabs for every character on a show to see which ones have comments and which ones don't

mm i havent thought about it yet, but will consider these sometime soon (looking into some big things first)

I would like to add a side request as part of this - allow character moderators to delete/edit comments left on the characters. Sometimes you'll see spoilers inappropriately being left by people; rather than spoiling you with the content by requesting you to delete them (which has happened), it would be more favorable for a mod to delete it themselves as they see them. Also, if you were requested by a user personally to delete something, you could inquire about the character through us without looking at the spoiler, then whoever is familiar with the character would handle it. I suspect this would become more of an issue once comments have better exposure, too.

Back