Shamo

Gallarn

Since there isnt a discussion about Shamo, i wanted to start one. The story is;
Ryo Narushima killed his parents and is forced to survive in jail. Even in a youth jail, the people abuse him for what he did. Ryo learns the power of martial arts in order to endure the living hell that is his life in this gritty seinen series titled, "Shamo".

After 2 years, i've reread this series, and its still top 5 material for me. Ryo Narushima is arguably one of the most interesting characters out there. Its humorless and dark. The "realistic" side of society is given here. Only ****** thing awaiting new readers is, its not finished. The last chapter was published in 2007 iirc. Man how i wish the new chapters would come :crying:

The thing i espacially loved about this manga, is common between the readers. Ryo literally does anything in order to achieve what he desires (yes anything,i'm leaving it to your imagination). Throughout the series i think the average reader will keep hating him. I wouldnt even call him an anti-hero. Drama, martial arts and action are well balanced. There are a few mediocre chapters, but the main arcs are very good.

Artwork is awesome. It looks very realistic and different from the usual. The characters are easily recognizable. Tension is well given with the correct(?) use of details.

I'm pretty sure a lot of people wont like it, then again i'm also sure there will be people loving it like me. In any case i'd really love to chat about it here.

Edit: Btw i searched the forums about this topic and couldnt find one, so delete the topic if theres already one.

Edit2: Nice, i opened the topic in specific anime section, sorry mods :/

Another Edit: Can a moderator move this topic to specific manga section pls? its a bit weird noones doing it

Last edited:
Back