True Tears

Roxas

True Tears

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here.

Episode #: 1
While the first episode was a little slow-paced, it was never slow enough for me to be bored. The production values are extremely high across the board-- this show, or at least this first episode, obviously had a high budget and a lot of time put into it.

Minor episode one spoilers.
I loved the part when the main character saw the girl mostly naked, went to his room, and vigorously tore open a box of tissues...

...and made a rooster out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
definately thought the exact same thing when he pulled out that box of tissues
It looks interesting but it's potential to be turned into either YAHA (Yet another harem anime) or an anime simply filled with a ton of awkward moments is rather large. I'm hoping it doesn't follow either path but we'll see.

The first episode definitely had that "cringe from the harem potential" going on. It also had multiple females which seemed much more caught up with their own personal problems than with boys (thank you god). I really really hope it doesn't go the harem route because the male lead actually might be entertaining as a compassionate artist (whereas he'll end up being annoying beyond belief as an indecisive student). Brats that can't make up their mind will chase me away despite the quality of animation and otherwise complex character makeups. It is silly to create a person with all kinds of understandings and motivations and then simplify said character into a ball bouncing between girls.

Yeah, this show started off looking suspiciously like a lot of other harem anime I've had the misfortune of watching. I'll be happy, as Wolfco said, if the protagonist isn't oblivious, and indecisive, which are the characteristic traits of most harem, male protagonists. There is some potential to make this into a decent romance though, but they will need to avoid making artist boy a pathetic loser to accomplish that.

I loved the first episode tbh, I thought it was sweet, slow paced, beautiful to watch and the characters seemed interesting. It reminded me a lot of ef - a tale of memories, hopefully it'll stay that way and won't turn into another School Days :D.

I think TT has a lot of potential, I'll definately watch this every week.

One thing I also forgot to mention.

Did anyone else find the main character's past-time to be somewhat creepy? It seems like he has an obsession with the girl (I already forgot her name >_>) and while cute in some sense, was kinda stalkerish... and I mean, I'm a guy and I kinda felt it was weird.

One thing I also forgot to mention.

Did anyone else find the main character's past-time to be somewhat creepy? It seems like he has an obsession with the girl (I already forgot her name >_>) and while cute in some sense, was kinda stalkerish... and I mean, I'm a guy and I kinda felt it was weird.

I was a little bit worried about that. He's painting pictures of her and he seems afraid to talk to her, even though she lives in the same house. This is some more evidence that would lead me to believe he's spineless. I hope the situation changes soon.

Based on the first episode I'm interested in this show... but it definitely has the possibility to either get really good or really bad fast. Will no doubt take a few episodes to know which way its going.

*clear* Ok well I have a theory, and I believe I also saw someone with the same thoughts in another thread, just couldn't find it.
I believe that Hiromi and Shin are actually half brother and sister. The dad probably had an affair with Hiromi's mother thus why Shin's mother hates Hiromi and doesn't want the two to get involved, and after episode 5 my theory is starting to get some proof. Also, imo, they look a lot alike.

As for which girl I will be rooting for, definitely Aiko. I also have mixed opinions on the amount of episodes. If this series keeps getting better and better I would wish there would be more than 13, but It would also be good if they kept it short and sweet.

Last edited:
I believe that Hiromi and Shin are actually half brother and sister. The dad probably had an affair with Hiromi's mother thus why Shin's mother hates Hiromi and doesn't want the two to get involved, and after episode 5 my theory is starting to get some proof. Also, imo, they look like a lot alike.
I also started thinking that. Not right away, but at ep 3 I think it was.

As for who I'm "rooting" for. That would be Noe, she's fun. I don't really like Aiko since I thought she was going out with Miyokichi which imo would be much better. Since it kinda bugs me when all the girls go for one guy. I mean, what's so much better with Shinichiro than Miyokichi?

I also started thinking that. Not right away, but at ep 3 I think it was.

As for who I'm "rooting" for. That would be Noe, she's fun. I don't really like Aiko since I thought she was going out with Miyokichi which imo would be much better. Since it kinda bugs me when all the girls go for one guy. I mean, what's so much better with Shinichiro than Miyokichi?

I also don't really like it when all the girls in the series go after the protagonist, even if he's got some good traits, it just seems pretty absurd sometimes; it's hard to suspend disbelief for that kind of scenario. Oh, and I hope Hiromi wins.

Honestly, I don't really care how many girls like the main protagonist. I find my self rooting for the girl who is usually is more forward, and tells the guy she likes him, unfortunately, those are never the girls the main protagonist likes. I remember, someone posted the rules for anime, the girl who tries hardest for the guy, never gets picked, and that is 100% true. Probably the only reason I want Aiko to win is because I don't really like Noe (to much of a child) and Hiromi acts like everyone is supposed to know how she feels, granted Shin is oblivious to all the girls attempts.

I just watched the first episode, well to be honest I didnt even finish it. It was slow and it bored me to tears.

I remember, someone posted the rules for anime, the girl who tries hardest for the guy, never gets picked, and that is 100% true.

That's not true. That may often be the case, but not always. Examples:
Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien: Mitsuki tried much harder than Haruka imo
ef - A Tale Of Memories: I thought Miyako tried harder than Kei

Uniflame, I thought the same as you. After watching the first episode for many of the new series this year, I only liked a few. All I can tell you is to finish the first episode and continue, it gets MUCH better, but it also is a daily life/romance so I wouldn't expect it to be fast paced.

That's not true. That may often be the case, but not always. Examples:
Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien: Mitsuki tried much harder than Haruka imo
ef - A Tale Of Memories: I thought Miyako tried harder than Kei

Very good point, and this is why i like these 2 shows so much. Their storyline are a bit different from what we're used to see, and i love it when a guy/girl is "rewarded" for is hard work :D.

Very good point, and this is why i like these 2 shows so much. Their storyline are a bit different from what we're used to see, and i love it when a guy/girl is "rewarded" for is hard work :D.

I don't really care so much how hard they work, it's the other harem/romance anime negative features that get me. Like the males being pathetic, spineless, oblivious worms.

I don't really care so much how hard they work, it's the other harem/romance anime negative features that get me. Like the males being pathetic, spineless, oblivious worms.

Well yeah that annoys me to no end as well. I mean, why do they have such problems with writing a character who has common sense when it comes to girls...

I would say these annoying traits form the backbone for all these Harem/Romance stories. I can barely think of any exceptions....

Back