Flame of Recca

oohh its a lovely :love: series if u ask me i really loved it ....action and adventure and lot of fun (specially the dragons )........what do you wanna know about it ......i will tell ya just mention what u want

There are quite a big of simularities with Naruto (see the recs), it's also a good anime, just a little older animation which turned me off a slight bit (but thats personal preference). It's about natural powers and i just finished Tokyo Underground and was watching Naruto (more than now) at the time, so to me it was to much of the same. But i cant blame that on Flame of Recca since thats the anime that came first lol, but thats just how things go :sweat:

I Liked flame of recca it has some good fight scenes and also a good storyline.

Don't let the 1st 2 minutes of the 1st episode fool ya, The anime series is more than decent.

However, the manga series is 20x better--possibly the best manga i've ever read, and continues quite a ways after the series ends. Since I'm not in a writing mood, i'll just say that you should definitely catch the manga, and don't be too surprised if the fights that lasted 1-2 entire episodes in the anime series only last 1-2 pages in the manga--Like all action anime, some fights get dragged out, but like all action anime, you've just gotta see it in motion some time.

---

oh, and for the most part, they do follow each other, up until the end of the anime series, at least. I'd recommend watching the anime before reading the manga though, since you'd be more appreciative of the extra details, and those nifty seemingly short fight scenes will seem cooler.

Ive seen Flame of Recca and thought it was very simmilar to Yu Yu Hakusho.

Forfeit said:
Are there insane fights and characters going berserk?

there are fighting scenes and something but i dont remember any insane stuff .............(hmmmmn what was i thinking again :confused: ) sorry about that but i guess i have to go bye see ya later :drinking:

The story is significantly under par and there's a fair bit of comedy going on. The most attractive feature of this anime is the cool character designs. Flame of Recca contains some of the coolest character concepts there are.

Heh, I have to say, i'm pretty happy about this thread. Flame of Recca was one of the first real anime's i watched, and the first i ever finished. Its always held a pretty big place in my heart. And i agree: watch the anime, if you like it, read the manga. I just started picking it up, and its freaking delicialicious.

Yes, its alot like Yu Yu hakushu (sp?), Tokyo underground, and the action is alot naruto, but if i were to find a recent anime that resembled it, it would have to be Bleach. Character archetypes, story arcs, villians... the more i think about it, the more similarities i find. And not those vague kinds, more like "hey, if i swapped these two characters, would anyone notice?"

But for some reason, i just think recca is better. I dunno, i saw it before any of those, and TU just seemed like a shitty knockoff.

But... uh... i'm kinda leaning towards bleach on this one.

So, yea... if you're watching Bleach and loving it, i highly recomend recca.

And now to put in a RDB

well i totally agree with Dender Cage & Roxlimn here ....
yup as you said flame of recca was also one of the first anime i ever saw and it has a special place in my heart ...i love everything about it :love: ...the characters,layout, the designing and stuff and etc...
offcourse i would recomend recca :balloon:

I just started watching this so I thought it might be handy to have this thread around.

Back