Gifuu Doudou!! Kanetsugu to Keiji

LinkSword

POPEE BELIEVER
Gifuu Doudou!! Kanetsugu to Keiji

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

-------------------

This is from Hokuto no Ken's manga artist and it's about the Sengoku period.

Manly as hell and samurai. Awesomely silly in all likeliness as well.

The first episode has just been uploaded to Nyaa so I'll be back later to report my thoughts on it.

It's finally done downloading and I read this. Another short-lived dream I guess...
DEEN sucks, but I expected the original material not to.

I'll be watching it now anyway.

01:

I was wondering why you'd hate this when there was a close shot of man ass in the first 20 seconds, but yeah, that was boring as all hell. Bloody hell, this was supposed to be action-filled and it's just the pretentious kind of manly bullshit. Besides, the animation fucking sucks. One of the worst-looking things DEEN has produced, in fact. Kanetsugu and Keiji look the freaking same, too. Ugh.

I'd disagree on it being a JoJo rip-off since this is what Tetsuo Hara's works have looked like since the early 80s (Hokuto no Ken was dozens of times more entertaining though). If anything, Hokuto no Ken started the manly stuff fever that JoJo followed suit of, I'd think.

But I digress. Crappy episode was crappy, and with this level of animation I'm not sure there's an actual chance for it to redeem itself with some fun battles.

The only thing I actually liked was the ED theme. Maybe the OP a bit too.

Eeehh...

Geez, I really made a blunder deciding to start this...
Probably one of the worst ways of getting started with Summer.

I really want to find a site where there's some info on how long it's gonna be. 24-26 eps like this = overkill.

Implying that that's somehow my thing? I was joking about the Jean Dakimakura you know!!

Oh come on, I know. You should get how my cheap humor works by now. :laugh:

But you digged that ass. :troll:

Of course, but i'm getting the impression people are starting to believe that i actually bought that dakimakura, and i need to nip that rumour in the bud now :laugh:

So you want to nip that rumor by doing so in this thread? Good luck with that. I don't think many are gonna flock in here praising how wonderful the first episode was. :I

Episode 1
It was below average. >:I

Well, im going to give this another ep, but since i don't know anything about Japanese history (i don't even know enough to know whether or not its based on actual people or not), I don't think I'll be able to appreciate the wacky take on it. So yeah, so far im leaning on dropping it but i'll give it at least one more ep.

I think i just broke the world record for yawning in 20 minutes
might watch more if i get trouble sleeping one night

It might pick up in the second episode, I'll stick around for another shot. First episode was okay. The art style doesn't really bother me, but does anyone else think it's weird how the main characters are like twice the height of everyone else? Heck, even the horse that guy rides is too tall for most other characters to mount!

I could feel myself muscle up at the sheer manliness of these two muscular expats from Jojo.

Episode 1

Is it bad that I thought the women were poisoning all the men or putting sleeping pills in their booze while Manly Priest Guy was going to get an axe and go chop some heads? But that axe was more like a wee hatchet in his meaty manly fist because holy fuck they are ripped, and I mean RIPPED. They were insanely jacked up! Their necks were fucking huge! Wider than their heads and they were at least 5 of those small pussy bitch ass weaklings at the manor. The guys who weren't ripped or more muscles than skin, fat and non-muscle body parts all put together.

Wait. Dazzling Sengoku Period Story. Kanetsugu and Keiji. Fabulously manly. I expect manly shit to come out of this, and manly fights, manly enough to make you grow muscles. I'm already flexing automatically because they are so ripped.

Damn, I just lost my shirt.

Wait. Women fighting? I'm sorry, I must have missed something. Or everything after the OP. What's this shit about- holy FUCK THIS GUY IS FUCKING RIPPED. Kagekatsu is fucking huge! Hi crazy ass eyebrows, fist-sized abs, all muscle and not an ounce of fat, he can cause trees to combust from flexing alone.

Right, women fighting and not manly fights. That's dumb in a show about massive manly men who are all about muscles, small heads, muscles and enough muscular punching power to one shot an elephant into an explosive end. It's family also explodes from the sheer badass death punch.

Tiger Spirit Arrow of manly badassery is countered by a stick spear of fuckballs awesomeness. I have no idea what the fuck is going on or how this is all connected but it all deals with a womanly war.

This show is fabulous. Everybody is coloured up because even if they wear the most colourful outfits, they are still all muscles.
Blue Spirit Tiger, fucking bitches up like a badass.

The budget really went into cleavage, muscles, colours, necks, manliness, muscles, manliness and more muscles. Needed more manly fights and what did this episode have to do with female warfare? Pretty much nothing. It needed less talking and that... non-fighting crap and more fights and sheer, pants exploding badass manly fights. Wasn't spectacular but I'll probably not keep up with it.

Episode 2

Just watched it and... why do i feel that I should watch it bare-chested with alcohol in one hand while laughing loud? Seriously I hope there'll be badass fights really quick.

You mean there isn't a badass fight in the second episode?
I wouldn't call it a badass fight, just a fight, with lots and lots of women baring long, wooden sticks; thrusting against each other.

Episode 2
Damn, that guy is such a fucking wuss. Act like a man dammit. And jesus, this gone to the deep end with the decapitated heads.

You mean there isn't a badass fight in the second episode?

:seriously:

No, really, the fuck? You have these manly as fuck guys, necks bigger than two of your fists side-by-side, fucking ripped and dressed fabulously and you can't even put in a badass fight or four in one episode?
The fuck do you do with all that screen-time?

Back