The Kawai Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behavior

BrainBlow

Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The second anime Brains-Base is doing this season. Read the first few chapters of the manga, and it seems promising, albeit a tad "standard". Not that there were manychapters available, though.

I'll accept that, foul beast...
tumblr_inline_n39hy83RSP1roe2gd.gif

Your counter-comeuppance shall be painful and hilarious...

Almost wouldn't notice this anime at all if I didn't fix my Spring watch list.Anyways,the plot sounds ok hopefully the comedy isn't a hit and miss and the romance too dramatic.

Apparently this is airing today. I'm kind of leaning toward the "wait for opinions" side of the balance, so who's watching it?

I'm watching it because not-reverse-harem Brains Base show, and seems to be a casual romcom.
Brains Base can be hit and miss sometimes, but their romcoms seem to have a surprising number of heavy hits.

I read the first few chapters, and there was nothing that offended my sensibilities, so I hope for something decently enjoyable at the very least.

This is comedy show of season for me

Ep 1
Opening has nice music and is likeable.
Story has good vibes to it
- We got a High-school guy who wants to enjoy peaceful life and gets into love at sight with girl. But life isn't so easy, his new apartment has a weirdo as roommate but the girl he likes there aswell.

Characters are nice, Main guy isn't some shabby guy depressed all times or some super elitist D-Bag. The Girl lead was likeable and feels good type oh character- Like shiyomi from WoGK (Digged into books).
SIde characters are mad fun , We got Masochist guy as roommate, An old women as manager who cracks up jokes and a drunk, hearthbroken women , Pervert aswell.

I thoroughly enjoyed ep1. It had me cracking at lot of scenes. Give it a try guys, It can be compared to Haganai, Yahari somewhere. And after SYD end, this has lot of potential to be comedy successor to it.

I thoroughly enjoyed ep1. It had me cracking at lot of scenes. Give it a try guys, It can be compared to Haganai, Yahari somewhere.
no. different themes, different level of sophistication. i mean you can compare a hamster and a nuclear bomb if you want to but it won't get you anywhere.

And after SYD end, this has lot of potential to be comedy successor to it.
possibly. i actually rather liked some of the first ep's comedic style though they seem to be focusing on it too heavily.

overall it was not as crazy out there as I was hoping for, nor as heartwarmingly bland as I feared it might be. I'll be proceeding with it for now to see where it goes.

no. different themes, different level of sophistication. i mean you can compare a hamster and a nuclear bomb if you want to but it won't get you anywhere.

possibly. i actually rather liked some of the first ep's comedic style though they seem to be focusing on it too heavily.

overall it was not as crazy out there as I was hoping for, nor as heartwarmingly bland as I feared it might be. I'll be proceeding with it for now to see where it goes.

Story wise it has nothing in common
Comedy was somewhat common I guess?:pokerface:
Not sure.

Anyways yeah it has potential in comedy but clean one Mostly :troll:, Also I would like to see how romance part plays out.
I seriously hope show stays same as ep 1 in terms of enjoy, preview of next ep has me intrigued aswell. And I guess this will be mostly based in apartment rather then school?:drinking:

Episode 1:

This was just okay. The set up is really very generic, so the episode tried to overcompensate by being over the top zany, which gave it an unpleasant strained feeling. I think this could be better once it settles down a bit though.

Other than that there's not a lot to say about the episode because it's a pretty standard fairly normal guy, moves in with a bunch of eccentrics set up episode. I thought Usa's new roommate was trying way to hard to be oh so hilarious with his fast paced pervert jokes, but it just didn't work for me and I didn't laugh at him at all, in fact I found him to be quite annoying. The rest of the cast hasn't really taken form very well yet, everyone has stepped into their various roles and archetypes, but it'll take more time for them to hopefully develop.

It was just okay, I just hope the rest of the episodes won't strain so hard trying to be zany and funny.

I checked it out about 5 minutes ago and its off to a good start.
I really like the way this Anime is styled, its art is nice.
Have high hopes for this one!

in the beginning of the episode I wasn't sure if I'd be able to enjoy the show but it got better with every second :D especially the introduction of the people who live in the same house was really funny.

probably only watch it for the comedy though.

Episode 1
Really enjoyed that. Like Brad said it's definitely taken hints from SYD with the comedy and it's done well. Sumiko was hilarious and a nice diversion from the soft old lady type. I practically choked on my coffee when she declared she wanted to be a side-character that says random, informative dialogue.

Kawai is certainly interesting, I'm glad she didn't turn out to be the emotionless trope and actually has a personality behind her initial indifference. She seems to be the kind of person who's difficult with others and shows little attention by way of that.

Anyway, looking forward to more.

^ Yeah, I didn't mention Sumiko but she was highlight of the episode for me. I thought most all of her jokes landed pretty solidly and her concept was refreshingly funny. I just wish the rest of the episode felt that refreshing. It is just the first episode and now that the set up is over hopefully they can tone down some of the annoying elements and it'll be a lot better to watch.

The Sakurasou comparison seems to be the most apt one for this set up. I just hope it doesn't end up being quite that sappy.

Episode 1
More zany than the manga, so I would agree that it seems to have taken a page from SYD.
I found it pretty good. Decent start for a first episode, and I too think that Sumiko was the funniest.
I'm kind of surprised about something, though: Yuuichi Iguchi, the guy voicing Usa. I totally thought I was listening to Shinnosuke Tachibana. They sound quite similar.

Hoping for more goodness.

Episode 1

That was an enjoyable first episode.
The part with the cop and Shirosaki was the first part that got my interest. Had me luaghing good. Sumiko was great at making me laugh too. The animation is a bit iffy to me, but the scenery looks amazing.

Episode 01
it wasn't too bad, i wont shower it's praises just yet but a all right start i suppose.
i found the guy to be pretty simple and generic which i don't really care about considering most guys are no different it has just become something to expect (hence a fuss is made more when a male is interesting). I didn't care for the girl... whatever her name is, bookgirl, i liked seeing her walk with the book type thing going on but her personality is way to miss-matched, she appears to be a unsociable type, then she seems violent if she has a weapon and then what was with the scene with the drunk? then in the end she does another 180 on us, she i dislike her inconsistency, the violent side to her also doesn't match her but i would like that go had she not mood swings or mass variation of personality. The drunk is also a bit meh for me, i never like drunks, they always and i mean always feel like forced comedy and it's never actually funny so i don't care for her, okay she might have more to her and it's early to judge but thus far a no for me.
So then there is the pervy creepy guy, well i didn't mind him, i admit he felt like a weird jumble of characters put into one whilst not being solid in anything but a masochistic perv but i quite enjoyed the scene with the police officer, i thought that was rather amusing actually. So i found his comedy a bit forced at times but it wasn't all too bad, i guess it's walking on eggshells with him, he might turn out to be a decent character or he might just be a disaster waiting to happen. I really liked the old lady though, she was by far the best for me that episode.

otherwise i have little more to say. I don't mind the set up though i think the main guy is spoilt, he is good with anywhere, first problem appears and he moans. I am sure most would learn to live with the weird guy even if you didn't like him, at least he is friendly.

So characters for me don't balance to well, and it's 3 bad to 1 good and 1 who can go either way. The story will be generic but that doesn't mean i might not enjoy it, i can deal with generic. Comedy is a bit over the place but not all too bad overall. so i will stick with this one, it might hold up as a average comedy (i hope).

Back