Sankarea

BrainBlow

[sadht]Sankarea[/sadht][sadhl]sankarea[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]
The database doesn't have it as active yet at the time of writing, but subs just came out.

Episode 1;

That was interesting, lot's of character building albeit not much happening. But the setup was great, I hope it's going to be well executed.

I believe the correct term is, Necrophiliac.
That would be for the stone-dead.
Still, I guess it applies.

ep 1
HELL YES!
And the ending was great: They didn't censor that shit! Hell, I think it's more detailed than the manga.
Mayuuuuun, this can end up being greater than I'd have hoped.
Oh, and trust me, a lot of stuff will happen.

Episode 1:

I'm pretty much with Etue the first episode was a good way to set up the interesting premise but didn't have much of anything else really happening. It doesn't leave a lot to comment on but I'll say that I enjoyed the first episode without being blown away.

There were a couple nice fake out moments before what (I assume) was the real shock moment at the end which were all really well executed.

On another note the animation and framing of a lot of shots were very SHAFT like. Which is a good thing because I Studio Deen anime doesn't usually have this much style.

It's interesting the whole zombie obsession thing. The guy is into it because he is afraid of loss. He lost his mother before he was even old enough to know her. I think he realizes how fragile the spark of life can be in people and he's become obsessed with zombies which are much more durable and tougher to destroy.

Sankarea wants to escape and be someone else. Sounds like she is being abused by her father and maybe the thought of being a cold emotionless being appeals to her. She can live another life where she doesn't have to worry about the expectations of her father or family.

Really though speculation is a bit futile without more information. I'm looking forward to the next episode.

The only downside was the main guy's hair makes him look like he has cat ears which is a bit distracting. Okay so that's not really complaint but I felt like saying it.

Of all the stuff I've started from this season this would be my second favorite right behind Zetman.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only downside was the main guy's hair makes him look like he has cat ears which is a bit distracting. Okay so that's not really complaint but I felt like saying it.
A bit distracting at first, but as I got used to it I appreciated how surprisingly distinct it makes him look.
I'm able to tell him apart from the cliché "plain male romance protagonist" look that is so prevalent.

Last edited:
Main dudes hair made me think Shiki.

Wasn't going into this thinking it would be any good, was pleasantly surprised when it's actually very good. It could even be great, depending on what they do with it. Also, I can sympathize with a zombie-girl fetish, after playing WoW and seeing those forsaken girls move. :D

So many anime this season that I've read the manga to... it's gonna be hard not to give too many spoilers with all of these...

but I can't wait until the next episode, when shit starts to go down!

So many anime this season that I've read the manga to... it's gonna be hard not to give too many spoilers with all of these...

but I can't wait until the next episode, when shit starts to go down!
'sfar as the pacing goes, it seems shit will go down probably at the end of the next episode.
:drink:

Wth Zombie fetish. XD
I really liked the background music, adds to the creepy atmosphere. The anime's concept seems interesting, so I'm going to allow myself to have higher expectations for this one.

Main dudes hair made me think Shiki.

That is what was running through my head the entire time as well. The character design is amazing! & WHY BABU WHY!?!? It made me get teary eyed when that poor baby got hurt on account that he reminded me of my cat. I am pleased to see that he looks like a little demon kitty in the opening theme and am hoping he will make an appearance again soon or else my heart may very well be broken.

Reading a manga up to date and watching anime, currently "meh", maybe it will become better, at least I hope :D

Reading a manga up to date and watching anime, currently "meh", maybe it will become better, at least I hope :D
It literally couldn't be better than this, you know.
This is just the beginning of the story. You can't spice it up beyond what the original material is when you're sticking with it.

WHY BABU WHY!?!? It made me get teary eyed when that poor baby got hurt on account that he reminded me of my cat. I am pleased to see that he looks like a little demon kitty in the opening theme and am hoping he will make an appearance again soon or else my heart may very well be broken.

My cat died 6 days ago... I just now realized that scene probably should have felt more emotional to me... oh well, I do tend to be a heartless bastard at times.

The first episode was kinda neat. I hope we see lots more zombie movie homages/easter-eggs.

I think the girl should be more mysterious/quirky (super interesting) if she's going to be the center of the series imo, but maybe there's more to her personality than what we've seen. The anime still looks fun regardless.

I'm definitely a fan of all the voice acting.

Isn't Chihiro a girls name?

Back