Hakuouki Shinsengumi Kitan

Garyuu

[sadht]Hakuouki Shinsengumi Kitan[/sadht][sadhl=2999]Hakuouki-Shinsengumi-Kitan[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

Finally was able to watch the first episode that wasn't a troll sub. It was so-so. There was nothing unique about it. Pretty generic. I am still going to give it a chance. There still seems like a lot that they haven't told us yet, so it might become interesting.

Last edited:
Too much blablabla... and no action.. XD ... but is the first one so is OK...
A tons of bishounen and some blood seems like they try to make an anime to everybody, I realy hope it becomes interesting, already i suposed that its would be the best of this season :P

I like how everone has different personality's. It's very funny at moments.
It makes you think that is theyr power.
Drowled just from looking at them ( Long hair FTW >_>)
Waiting for second episode(:

I'll probably end up liking this one. The colors used and the scenery is really pretty. The story also has me pretty interested in seeing what'll happen.

The promo image looked interesting, but, alas, the first episode seems to have decided that it's going to be a slightly-less-than-generic-but-still-pretty-generic reverse harem anime. Fushigi Yuugi's already done the whole "girl in feudal times surrounded by band of hot bishies who inexplicably like her just because". It wasn't good the first time; something tells me it's not going to be very good this time. :/

I actually watched the first episode twice. The second time with the troll subs. Those subs made the show a lot better. I thought they were hilarious.

Listen up. Don't run away.
My hair is shinier than yours.
At that time, I knew that what he said was true.
His hair shined in the moonlight...
As if he had just applied a deep conditioning treatment...
My, my, shouldn't Hijikata-san stop making chicks pass out with his hair?

Wouldja be willing to link me to those troll subs? They sound like they'd make the show about fifty times more interesting.

Wow, a show that wasn't afraid to be boring the first episode for the sake of character development. A lot of cool and interesting characters, will follow and see where it goes. Though hopefully it gets better.

I haven't finished the first episode yet as I was interrupted and have to leave in 5 minutes, but the first 14 minutes have been OK/good. While I agree the basis is generic, the history may turn out interesting enough. No complaints at all about the animation, the characters are nice and I like they're from the Shinsengumi, as I got a liking for this group with Gintama. The OP is cool, too.

Anyway, it was better than expected so far (as the most part of shows I've started this season).

It wasn't what I was expecting at all, my fault, so I'm dropping it.
Reverse harem romance story with tons of bishies? No thanks.

You make it sound a lot worse than it is, haha, there's some fighting and cool things involved as well. Though I went to Japan Town in San Fransisco on Saturday and saw this show on an overwhelmingly pink flowery magazine cover, I was laughing at the cover and myself for watching this show. That being said, I watched episode 2 and I don't hate it yet, it was kind of meh, and the number of times that girl said "thanks" was dizzying, but I'm still giving it a shot.

I have a feeling this is approximately how it will go:

Girl will keep being helpless and cute and somehow win the boys over one by one. Tall, Dark, and Snarky will continue to be tall, dark, and snarky while practicing his sword skills and just generally being cold and unpleasant.

On the quest for Girl's father, Dr. Daddy, she will be taught sword skills by Tall, Dark, and Snarky, with the other men occasionally pitching in, but generally leaving it to TDS because he is the best swordsman of them and, therefore, must also be the best teacher.

Someone (probably Glasses or Redhead) will confess their love to Girl, but she will reject him as sweetly as she can because she is starting to develop feelings for TDS, despite the fact that he has never shown her any more kindness than telling her that they're going to continue keeping her prisoner but they won't be such huge dicks about it.

Meanwhile, the people linked to her father's disappearance and all the other weird **** going on will attack them while they're searching. Girl will be half an inch away from being killed when TDS will step in and save her. He will then proceed to insult her about how careless she is, using a code that, in shoujo and reverse harems, really means "Love you, you stupid bitch."

There will be UST for the rest of the series and Confession Guy will continue to pine after Girl. At some point they will find Dr. Daddy and any other information regarding the plot (which is really just a vehicle for getting Girl and TDS together) will be resolved.

The final scene will be incredibly deep and dramatic and the whole thing will culminate in Girl and TDS realizing their true feelings for each other and living happily ever after.

I actually really like the OP and the insert music for this show. Just...not the show itself. :!!:

4 episodes in and this is not half bad. Not the reverse harem lots of people expected, not at all.

What if the guys are bishonen? If you ask me, I prefer them to have cool designs rather than something like the guy with big eyes in Shigurui. 1000x times at that.

Plus, it's totally normal there are so many leading males and few females. The Shinsengumi is a group only for men, and the predominant mentality of the epoch is basically sexist, so there won't be many women with power and importance in the story except for nobility and such. There could be lots of them as elements for romance, but that's exactly the opposite from what I want and expect.

This seems much more action&plot-driven than a stupid harem/regular romance, hands down. As a note, I won't mind if there's something of the later IN LITTLE DOSES.

The development is unfolding some interesting misteries as well. Those who have watched #4 will know what I mean.

So you mean there's an actual plot rather than just the pretense of a plot overshadowed by a ton of reverse harem romance?

Might give it another chance if that's the case...

So you mean there's an actual plot rather than just the pretense of a plot overshadowed by a ton of reverse harem romance?

Might give it another chance if that's the case...

Yup, that's exactly what I mean. Forget about the harem.

I won't tell you the plot is groundbreaking (at least for now) or incredibly original, but it's fairly interesting IMO.

I mainly started this expecting cool sword battles, so yeah =D

Yup, that's exactly what I mean. Forget about the harem.

I won't tell you the plot is groundbreaking (at least for now) or incredibly original, but it's fairly interesting IMO.

I mainly started this expecting cool sword battles, so yeah =D

I agree with it. It isn't an amazing show, but it is decent. Some good fights mixed in with at least some plot, so I'm content with watching it for now.

ep 5
Wait? It's already been a full year? I would have thought it had only been a few weeks. I think they jumped way too far. Overall, it was 95% boring IMO. Just like the rest of the episodes. I always have hope that the next episode it will pick up, but it doesn't. Hopefully the next episode will be more interesting.

Back