Durarara!!

chii

Durarara!!

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here.

:drool::drool::drool::drool:

that was an awesome first ep. I want MORE NAO PLEASE

Clearly I'm excited about this

the chat text was a little weird but entertaining at the same time LOL
Ms. cat motorcycle lady WITH NO HEAD AWESOME

Last edited:
i just watched this, it looks awesome.

it has alot of characters i cant wait to see how they put them together.

So they didn't bother to change anything about the Baccano concept, except making it more boring?

Why would Horo show up? There's no staff overlap. What's with placing Tokyo Hands four times in one episode? Just 'cause they have a store there? Can't be sponsored, cause they left out the S.

I loved Miyano as Tamaki, and he fit great as the death kid, but Kida just sounds annoying. Looking forward to Takagaki!

Best looking show of the season thus far (head and shoulders better then So-Ra-No-Wo-To, and x2 better then Dance or Ookami).

probably will keep watching it. not much else to say about it because i've no clue what it's about yet, but whatever it is, it looks fun. lol

I'm still trying to register everything that occurred in the episode. I may have to watch it again.

Just watched it and it's awesome.
So they didn't bother to change anything about the Baccano concept, except making it more boring?

Why would Horo show up? There's no staff overlap. What's with placing Tokyo Hands four times in one episode? Just 'cause they have a store there? Can't be sponsored, cause they left out the S.

I loved Miyano as Tamaki, and he fit great as the death kid, but Kida just sounds annoying. Looking forward to Takagaki!
Gangs and the opening, That's the only similarity I see here. Plus, Baccano was pretty awesome so I don't mind if they take bits and pieces of the concept.

That's the only similarity I see here.

Then I can't help you. I mean, even the cuts are the same. The only differences I see are an online chat instead of the newspaper office and the lack of time/location jumps. As I said, less interesting. No matter how good Baccano was, simply recycling it will not get my approval.

I didn't get the Spice And Wolf thing either, but it seems like they were trying to send nods in many directions. In the online chat I thought it was pretty clear they were sending a nod to episode 8 of Paranoia Agent when they bring up the
mass suicide thing

The Cat-motorcycle person for me really isn't inspiring masculinity, In a lot of the shots of the biker
I think there were hints of a female shape.

Really, I have no idea what this show is about yet, but it seems interesting enough, so I'll keep watching.

Brains Base did this show and the second season of Spice and Wolf.

Alright show so far. Like other shows I've started season, it looks like it has potential, but I'm not sure yet.

Then I can't help you. I mean, even the cuts are the same. The only differences I see are an online chat instead of the newspaper office and the lack of time/location jumps. As I said, less interesting. No matter how good Baccano was, simply recycling it will not get my approval.

It seems like you're spending too much time trying to compare the two series. Sure there are some similarities, but stating that the style of the show is disappointing you is nitpicking.

Brains Base did this show and the second season of Spice and Wolf.

Thanks. Didn't know 'cause I ignored the second season :P

It seems like you're spending too much time trying to compare the two series. Sure there are some similarities, but stating that the style of the show is disappointing you is nitpicking.

I'm the minority that cares more about how things happen than what things happen. So noticing the director's heavy hand takes no time at all, and is a major disappointment.

I slipped into a funk for a while where it just seemed like I was becoming totally disinterested with anime, hadn't seen anything worth watching since Bakemonogatari.

And this just brought me back into the fold. Just watched the first episode, seems like I'm going to enjoy it :)

This is a wee bit confusing to watch at times and requires my full attention as well.

I'm enjoying it, don't get me wrong, I just feel that I'm watching something with a bit more depth then I had originally thought.

First ep. was a bit unappealing to be honest, I gave the second a chance, and it was actually very good. The second ep. kinda brought a few things together(already) from the first, so I can tell this show will definitely have a lot of stuff going on, which I guess was to be expected. Anyway, really good episode with some new and more interesting characters.

First ep. was a bit unappealing to be honest, I gave the second a chance, and it was actually very good. The second ep. kinda brought a few things together(already) from the first, so I can tell this show will definitely have a lot of stuff going on, which I guess was to be expected. Anyway, really good episode with some new and more interesting characters.

Quoted for truth.

I wasn't too enamored by the first episode but the second episode, despite being fairly predictable, had very very good storytelling. The narrator was very engaging for some odd reason.

Also I'm still hoping that the main character won't be totally useless for the entire series.

Will definitely continue following.

I'm actually hoping this DOESN'T ape Bakemonogatari. The problem with the earlier show--for me--was that the supernatural was just a platform to engage in some armchair philosophizing about human beings and relationships.

Instead, I cross my fingers, hoping against hope, that the show will grow a CENTRAL plot (which it won't). Episode 2 was good and an enjoyable watch, but I wasn't floored by it.

Back