The Legend of the Legendary Heroes

Garyuu

[sadht=Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu]The Legend of the Legendary Heroes[/sadht][sadhl=3100]densetsu-no-yuusha-no-densetsu[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

I haven't gotten to watching the first episode yet, but I thought I should go ahead and make a thread for it. I can say one thing though. It has a really repetitive title.

I can only assume that it isn't a serious series with a title like that... Well, I would at least hope so lol

YouTube - Denyuden - The Legend of the Legendary Heroes - PV1 - subbed

I don't know what to expect from the trailer. It doesn't say a lot about the story, and the action looks cliche (powerful character cuts enemy sword in half).

edit: I thought the first episode was subbed, but it looks like it hasn't been yet. This idiot puts all of his raws under the Anime category on Tokyo Toshokan, and not the RAW section. So, what I saw was actually only a raw.

Last edited:
I made the same mistake as well. I really like the girl int he purple uniform, she's awesome :love: There appears to be a lot of jumping around from setting to setting and a TON of characters. Other then that, I understood a lot more then I thought I would watching the raw. The magic attacks and the action are really top notch in terms of the animation flowing well. I'll stick with it for awhile, will probably keep up with the whole thing since I liked it overall.

Looks like this'll be longer then 1 season too with the amount of info crammed into the credits.

Yes. Miyuki Sawashiro is in it. BTW she is one of my favorite seiyuu. I've been noticing her in a lot of recent animes (e.g. Angel Beats, Arakawa, Kimi ni Todoke, Canaan, Phantom, Saiyonara Zetsubou Sensei, etc.)

I get so pissed when I start an episode with "subbed" in the title and after the opening I realize that it's raw...

It's only happened to me a few times, but it is annoying.

Is any group going to sub this? Other shows that have aired the same day, (or later) have already been subbed. I don't know if anybody is doing it or, or they just aren't as fast.

Ep 1 wasn't that bad I guess. I don't know how great this show is gonna be, but I'll stick it out a few more episodes. I really hate the color palette they chose/

I was thinking/hoping this was gonna be more of a parody of the fantasy-shounen genre, but I guess I was wrong and this is trying to be a legitimate (albeit slightly comical) one.

It's only happened to me a few times, but it is annoying.
Is any group going to sub this? Other shows that have aired the same day, (or later) have already been subbed. I don't know if anybody is doing it or, or they just aren't as fast.

There's a crappy version subbed by a one-man group calling himself Guess, but I hope someone else picks this up. EnigmaCollective looks like they might do it.

I think Funimation will be simulcasting it starting next week anyways, and they do a decent enough job. I followed Tatami and House of five leaves last season and they were good.

Last edited:
So it's not just me, there is no current sub out yet? I thought it was lurking in some random corner i couldn't find.

Watched it subbed. I was unimpressed. It looks like it's going to follow most of the shounen fantasy tropes and cliches and isn't really going to bring anything new to the table. I'll give it a couple more episodes, but based solely on this first episode, it's probably going to go on my dropped list.

Ep 1 wasn't that bad I guess. I don't know how great this show is gonna be, but I'll stick it out a few more episodes. I really hate the color palette they chose/

I was thinking/hoping this was gonna be more of a parody of the fantasy-shounen genre, but I guess I was wrong and this is trying to be a legitimate (albeit slightly comical) one.

There's a crappy version subbed by a one-man group calling himself Guess, but I hope someone else picks this up. EnigmaCollective looks like they might do it.

I think Funimation will be simulcasting it starting next week anyways, and they do a decent enough job. I followed Tatami and House of five leaves last season and they were good.

I was hoping that it wouldn't be a parody. There are so many parody animes. It's almost like all mechas, fantasy, and comedies will be parodies. There won't be any "new" show. It seems like a cheap way to make a show. They don't have to think of anything new. They just need to borrow ideas from other animes, and throw "parody" on it.

Funimation does an alright job, but it looks like they use an obsolete subtitling software. I watched their release of House of Five Leaves, and the translated credits looked terrible.

bigpancakesaraiyagoyouh.jpg

They can do a little effort to make it match the original credits. It just looks unprofessional. All the groups that I know of use Aegisub. It's great, and free.

The first episode for the most part was unimpressive the episode itself seemed like it kind of dragged on. I finished watching the first half and was happy thinking I could watch something else but then I remembered that I still had the second half to go. There were only a few interesting parts and I use the word interesting loosely.
It didn't really get interesting until the last couple of minutes when some of the back story began to get revealed. I even had a hard time identifying who the bad guy would be at the end sure maybe he won't be revealed until later but still you would think that something of the bad guy would be shown whether it's one of his/her henchmen or something but sadly not so I had a really had a hard time relating to any of the characters.
I will watch a few more episodes to see whether it's worth sticking to or not.

Well, I am slightly sad that, with all these amazing Voice Actors floating around that this series seems so... average. At best. BTW, 3 characters from Durarara! at my count, but I may have missed some.

BTW, 3 characters from Durarara! at my count, but I may have missed some.

That's not surprising. When I watched Durarara, I recognized most of the voices from dozens of other other animes. Durarara had a pretty well used cast. It was a good cast though.

It was not anything special, kinda boring to be honest.. I'll watch a few more but I'll more then likely drop it if it stays the way it is.

Despite the title, very unimpressive. Lots of cliches that would've had me rolling my eyes (if I did that).
The guy with his captive little sister? Uh huh. I almost rolled my eyes for reals when the "childhood friend" showed up. They pushed so many cliches into there, it just felt like I've seen this somewhere before.

Disappointing start. It's sad they started from a damn sidestory when they have 11 volumes of plot to cover in 26 episodes. Well next episode is the real start anyway. Hopefully it will be better.

Back