Your favorite anime episode?

lagore

Logically, there will always be certain episodes that are better than others, even in the same series. I've always had a handful of episodes that, for some reason or another, seemed to touch me personally. But I don't know about anyone else.

So I ask you, do you have a favorite episode?

Re: BEST. EPISODE. EVER.

I'll go first:

Kino's Journey:
Episode 2, "A Tale of Feeding Off Others"

For some reason, this tale of life and death decisions has been a favorite of mine since I first saw it. In this unusual episode, Kino decides to kill three rabbits in order to feed three starving strangers. This seemingly simple premise opens up a discussion of whether it is okay to judge the worth of a life.

Hmm, here's some that come off the top of my head.

Gunslinger Girl Il Teatrino Ep 10 - Rachel. That's all I need to say. Seriously.

. . . actually that's the only one that I can remember the episode on.

There's an episode from Hachikuro, Ayashi no Ceres, YUA, Haibane, Arc the Lad, Futakoi Alt, etc that I'd like to list but I'm too lazy to hunt down the episode number. ;p

I've had some issues with Il Teatrino. The first two episodes seemed to lack the dark, gritty undertones of the first season. Then, just when Pinnochio started kicking ass and taking names [Triad] stops subbing it. What the hell?

However, if some more episodes are out there now I should really try checking them out.

Lovely Complex - Episode 18

I don't know why, but with this episode, lovely complex became the best romantic comedy anime of all time. it so satisfying when it comes to romance and comedy... that kiss... my heart skipped a beat because i was so happy with this :D
I actually watched the ending of this episode five times because its was just so awesome!

I've had some issues with Il Teatrino. The first two episodes seemed to lack the dark, gritty undertones of the first season. Then, just when Pinnochio started kicking ass and taking names [Triad] stops subbing it. What the hell?

However, if some more episodes are out there now I should really try checking them out.
All 13 aired eps are out. I do not know about the 2 OVA eps; I've not run across them but then again I've not really been hunting them out either.

Also most fansub groups stop after the show has been licensed in their county.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 8

It is the pinnacle of manliness and one of the few episodes where manly tears can be shed.

Lovely Complex - Episode 18

I don't know why, but with this episode, lovely complex became the best romantic comedy anime of all time. it so satisfying when it comes to romance and comedy... that kiss... my heart skipped a beat because i was so happy with this :D
I actually watched the ending of this episode five times because its was just so awesome!

Agreed.

Although another personal favourite is the episode of Escaflowne when
Folken manipulates destiny so that Allen kisses Hitomi and Van catches them at it.

FMP Fumoffu, and it's actually "half" of an episode. I think it's called "An hostility passing by", the one with the police vs bicycle chase (first half of the second episode I think). I don't know why but I keep laughing like a madman when I'm watching this one.
Futakoi Alternative's very first episode is also worth a mention in that kind of topic.

KGNE's final episode is also one of my all-time favourite episode, but for a totally different reason. Randomness at its best.

And for an other totally different reason, I have to mention SaiKano's 9th episode ("Akemi"). I really can't explain why, but whenever I think of SaiKano, I think of this particular episode. So heart-wrenching that it hurts...

Finally, I'd list the Kara no Kyoukai movies here but let's say they don't count, since they're technically "movies". I particularly liked the 2nd one.

ive watched saikano when i was in italy (and finished two or 3 other series xD ) and it somehow didnt reach my heart. i thought its just ridiculous... not to mention the eding.
and i really hate gonzo anime! the only one i really liked(story and animation) was nhk,pumpkin scissors and fmp. i hate vandread(ani and story), saikano (ani and story), seto no hanayome (ani/character design), dragonaut (every little bit!), rosario+retards(ani) and strike witches (everything!!!)
when it comes to feelings(romance anime like saikano, vandread, dragonaut, hanayome and rosario) gonzo really has problems presenting those on the screen. only nhk and fmp did well

well i can only talk about those ive watched!

One I can think of off the top of my head right now that I keep watching alot is Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu episode... It's the rugby episode. No matter how many times I watch that one I just keep laughing. I love how Sousuke keeps cussing out the players and the fact he doesn't even seem to know what he is saying half the time. Not only that, how much of a change the players take later on in the show.

Inuyasha episodes 35-37 I know it is three episodes, but it is a short story arc I have to watch together.
Sesshoumaru first meets Rin, and Koga falls in love with Kagome :love:

Ranma 1/2 Since this is more of an episodic anime it is easy to pick out individual episodes.
When Akane gets her hair cut, When it is revealed that Ryoga is p-chan, When Ryoga and Ranma try to dig up the girl's locker room... anything that feature Ryoga really.

Princess Tutu This is my favorite anime, and everything comes together for me in episode 12
Duck reveals her true form is a bird to Fakir. He realizes she saw him crying and gets embaressed. I just love when those two are together. :love:

Futakoi Alternative's ep 8 or 6 where they are all taking a bath and a robber ends up holding up the bath house and a reporter begens to bug the police officer and he stabs her with his....manlyness fell out of my chair crying lol'ing.

FMP Fumoffu ep 7 AND 9. aka rugby (already listed) and the hot springs ep. when the nerd gois totally insain and gundum seed style determination runs the "gauntlet" only to end up with a face full of Sousuke. and thin is seen crying the next day on the way back.

Cowboy Bebop Aside from the last episode, episode 8 Waltz for Venus one of the best episode of any series I ever watched. It's nice that they even made a tribute to that episode in Samurai Champloo.

Tower of Druaga
Regardless of whether you like the show or not(btw there is a second season coming in 2009) the first episode was hilarious. Really, everyone should watch it, even if you don't want to watch the show, it is hilarious, one of the funniest episodes I have seen.

Ranma 1/2 Since this is more of an episodic anime it is easy to pick out individual episodes.
When Akane gets her hair cut, When it is revealed that Ryoga is p-chan, When Ryoga and Ranma try to dig up the girl's locker room... anything that feature Ryoga really.

I'm glad to see someone liking Ryoga as much as I do!

I wrote an awesome list but it got erased. *cries* I'm too tired to write it / think it all back up again. A task for tomorrow!

Great thread topic! :D

Ayashi no Ceres

*suddenly loses all respect purplemo...*

Gakuen Alice ep. 16 - it's the school fair one and adorable
I really like the previous life flashback episodes of Saiyuki
Hikaru no Go ep. 70 - when Hikaru returns to go
Hunter x Hunter GI final ova 8 - intense dodgeball
There's some I don't remember the episode from in Mushishi, Seirei no Moribito, Saiunkoku Monogatari, and Law of Ueki.

There are lots of single episodes that I really love. But I guess my all time favorite would have to be:

Neon Genesis Evangelion - 16
The one where Shinji gets trapped in the black space. I love the philosophical stuff he thinks about when he's in there and I just think it's an awesome scene when he breaks out.

Other awesome episodes: (and sometimes short explenations of what the episode is about)

Ouran High School Host Club -
01 & 10 (When they meet Haruhi's father)
Sexy Commando - 01 & 02

Naruto -
01, 04 (Survival training), 16 (Sasuke "dies"), 19 (Zabuza goes wild and dies), 30 (Sasuke vs Orochimaru), 48 (Gaara vs Rock Lee), 71 (Hokage battle), 114 (The ending where Chouji "dies"), 117 (The ending where Neji "dies"), 132 (When Naruto and Sasuke's fight really starts. Naruto's transformation is just amazing) & 133 (Naruto vs Sasuke, one of the best fights I've seen) ...Yeah, I love Naruto
Bleach -
121 (Ichigo vs Grimmjow for the first time) & 166 (Ichigo (masked) vs Grimmjow (ressurected form) in Hueco Mundo)
Neon Genesis Evangelion -
04 (Shinji's second fight, his friends are in the cockpit), 08 ("Asuka Strikes"), 18 (Unit 03 becomes an angel) & 19 (Unit 01 truly awakens at the end)
Cowboy Bebop -
05 (Spike vs Vicious for the first time. Amazing scene when he's thrown out the window) & 26 (one of the best endings ever, Bang)
ARIA The Origination - 13

Elfen Lied - 08
when the kids kill the dog just to see Lucy's reaction.
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien - 13

Shigofumi - 01

Tenjou Tenge - 02 (Holds one of the best fights ever)

Wolf's Rain - 27
When the hunter and the small wolf dies.

And of they count as episodes, then;
Rurouni Kenshin Tsuiokuhen 01, 02 & 04 (Then episode 01 & 04 would compete with NGE - 16 for the title of the best episode ever)

There are probably more which I can't think of right now

Tower of Druaga[/B] Regardless of whether you like the show or not(btw there is a second season coming in 2009) the first episode was hilarious. Really, everyone should watch it, even if you don't want to watch the show, it is hilarious, one of the funniest episodes I have seen.
Personally, I thought the later ones were funnier.

Tower of Druaga Regardless of whether you like the show or not(btw there is a second season coming in 2009) the first episode was hilarious. Really, everyone should watch it, even if you don't want to watch the show, it is hilarious, one of the funniest episodes I have seen.

Forgot that one. Yeah that one was hilarious. Couldn't stop laughing for basicly the entire ep.

Cowboy Bebop -
05 (Spike vs Vicious for the first time. Amazing scene when he's thrown out the window) & 26 (one of the best endings ever, Bang)

Hell yeah
Bebop - 05 was one of the best, Spike shows what kind of damage he can do.
and when he is thrown out the window he has a certain smile on his face. Like as to say f* you to Vicious.

Back