Paniponi Dash!

Mikademus

Paniponi Dash!

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here.

Heh, how to describe this show without spoiling. A mixture of Mahou Sensei Negima with Mahou Shotengai Abenobashi and a sprinkling of Dokuro-chan. The name seems to me to refer to Puchi Puchi Yuushi and Puni Puni Poemi. Plenty of references to current and popular animes, and high pace (though nowhere near Excel Saga or Puni Puni Poemi).

I saw Oyasumi's version, and they provided plenty of notes to help with understanding references to other animes, though FAR from encompassing.

I think this can be a quite fun parody anime!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Pani Poni Dash

I agree, it seems to be pretty fun, It's really cute but it's kinda annoying type cute becuase it's kinda repetetive.... anyone else get that feelin?

I like the way that they set it up though, hehe the aliens are hilarious

--Ozy

Pani Poni Dash!

Hi guys,

I was just wondering if any of you know when or if they will be bringing out a PPD box set of the complete series any time soon?

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Pani Poni Dash! DVD Box Set

Well the last dvd of the show ended about two months ago. Its a practice for ADV to wait till next year for the boxset to come out. They did it with MadLax. I say its going to be sometime next year before you see anything about a boxset for Pani Poni Dash.
I hope this helps you. :)

I don't know about the Uk but it is safe to assume that the same thing will happen on your end. Don't worry it will happen, the boxset will be made and it will end up in your hands. (nods)

Another question that I would like to throw out there is whether the potential boxset will be an economic thin-pack or the original collector's artbox set?

I don't buy thin-packs; I prefer the original artbox versions.

Another question that I would like to throw out there is whether the potential boxset will be an economic thin-pack or the original collector's artbox set?

I don't buy thin-packs; I prefer the original artbox versions.

Err, good luck getting an original boxset all in one. Those are rarely if ever sold (I can't think of them ever being released) all in one except when ADV is clearing house. That's probably why the only series I have with the original boxes are series I bought as they were being released or ADV.

A complete pack is going to be a thinpack or gimmicky complete pack like Evangelion pack #1451253451346541323456132454123, and even those are mostly thinpacks.

Its more than likely that they will release it as a "thinpack" with no extras. Thats what ADV does with there complete collections but it would be a surprise if they left the extras intact. They did it for "Princess tutu". So its only a matter of time before we know anything about it. Keep your fingers crossed.

Starting today, we're watching 1 ep a day for the buddy club :)

Episode 1

The intro - could just be because I watched Austin Powers, but loving the 60s swinging theme.

I don't really know what to say about the first ep, except for WTF.......

I guess most anime series I really enjoyed have a first episode that leaves me feeling like that. It will probably build up to something a little more coherent, as the characters already seem to have a great rapport and Rebecca is adorable!! How long before I can find some Paniponi Dash doujinshi...

But the bunny.... what the hell?

H.

Starting today, we're watching 1 ep a day for the buddy club :)

Episode 1

The intro - could just be because I watched Austin Powers, but loving the 60s swinging theme.

I don't really know what to say about the first ep, except for WTF.......

I guess most anime series I really enjoyed have a first episode that leaves me feeling like that. It will probably build up to something a little more coherent, as the characters already seem to have a great rapport and Rebecca is adorable!! How long before I can find some Paniponi Dash doujinshi...

But the bunny.... what the hell?

H.
I think it had like about a million references to everything from a shot of Colonel Sanders (read this in a sub-title) to RPG games, where it gives the power level of all the characters... and also had the girl to the side of the introduction of them al'a Date games in Japan. Even the end after the credits, there is a large mechanical beast that could be in a couple Super Mecha shows.

OMG the Bunny... it is the most depressed side kick of all times. =D I like how he leaves the stage at one point because he feels he is forgotten about.
Was the rabbit poisened by the food created by Ichijo? And speaking of her, that class rep always has a GIANT spot light when ever she stands.

I think this is going to be as incoherent as any show I have ever seen... cat-nip for the mind.

I was thinking its like a cross between Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei and Excel Saga...

Totally bizarreio

H.

OK, so I flipped my TV upsidedown and watched it with my head hanging... it worked.

Well now there is another whole class of odd ball girls (and one boy?) =O
I love the plain girl.
so the rabbit is her twin now in insignifigance. LOL To be honest, I liked the names she gave her class.
Not sure where this show will ever go, not sure it matters. I gave up on trying to rewind all the references to other shows (so many >_<) I spotted a couple on my own. Such as the Gundam and Tomorrow's Joe ones... but totally missed the Vampire hunter D one.

ugh... another show i dropped.. though i lasted longer then i did with the excel saga lol. too random and manic. and no im not a family guy fan either. i think my gf loves this one though. well she owns the dvds for it anyway.

ugh... another show i dropped.. though i lasted longer then i did with the excel saga lol. too random and manic. and no im not a family guy fan either. i think my gf loves this one though. well she owns the dvds for it anyway.

Funny, I just bought it... more or less on a whim. It had a discount on the old ADV version of it. Making room for the Funimation release.
Not sure how much I like it as of yet, only a couple episodes, but we will see. I probably will like the odd parts with the bunny, and the class Rep (so far my favorite character)

(not a huge Fam Guy fan either. It has made me laugh at times, but I really don't watch it. I was always more a fan of something like Futurama )

I'm still here, just catching up after getting distracted!!!

I have illegal pirate subs, and I have to say they are really good! It explains a lot of the parodies I would have most likely missed >.>

Oh, I love Becky so so so much! Forgetting her students names, and coming up with completely random substitutes really tickled me. Poor plain girl :p The rabbit is totally bizarre, and the cat in the drink dispensing machine o.o

I think the fact I've not seen a lot of the things referenced in the show is killing it a little for me, and it doesn't yet seem to have found its stride. A lot of characters, and I don't really feel like I know any of them yet. I mean, how is Becky going to save the world? And there's not been any back story or character-centric epsiodes yet, so I'm not feeling any of them are particularly likable (apart from Becky in her adorable little dress ^^ )

The ahoge episode was hilarious though! The other teacher brushing Becky's hair for her as they discussed the value of the stolen hair really tickled me.

Although not the best show I've seen, there are occasional moments that are really making me laugh :)

H.

I was thinking its like a cross between Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei and Excel Saga...

Totally bizarreio

H.

Yeah, I'm getting epic SZS vibes from this. Although the humour and artstyle are a little different in nature, the format, presentation, and cast of characters are remeniscent. I think there's a bit of a less hyper Di Gi Charat in there as well, particularly with the cat in the drinks machine.

I'm not sure how much I like this at this point. Random humour always wins me over, but it has to be the right kind of random. I couldn't stand Excel Saga, for example, because it tried to make sense at the same time as being random. Which fails. I will say this, though. Becky is cute. Huggable cute, not... oh never mind.

Episode 3 actually had me laughing quite a bit.
from the sound effect the bunny made right before he blew up, to the rather plain chunky gals that seemed to populate a lot of the show (even the end credits!)... and something about how Becky told the old man to leave, and he slid off the screen.
I think I audibly chucked at a couple of those instances.

And the bones of the girl that the class rep left... that was funny too ;)
Twas a better indication I will be able to glean some comedy out of this production. Maybe even more as it goes.

An Ahoge gives you the power of high powered drugs it would appear.

Episode 4

Is it just me, or do the girls keep pulling rather sexy poses...? Thats about the only thing I'm finding amusing in this, I'm not enjoying it too much. Sure, there are a lot of giggly moments, but they are few and far between. The characters seem to have been ripped out of other shows, and I'm just not finding the randomness particularly funny.

Becky is awesome, but I don't think they play on her being 11 years old nearly enough. She goes from an indifferent and incompetent teacher, to a bawling pre-schooler hiding behind the curtain. It was cute at first, but if they keep this up for another 20 episodes, I won't be happy. The show needs to find its own little niche, rather than playing around in multiple genres. It feels more and more SZS-like, but just not as funny :(

H.

Back