Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail

azanimefan

Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here.

Just saw the raw for ep 1... didn't really need my fiance to translate... black lagoon never really was about the dialogue, and i read the manga so i knew what was basically going on.

that said. ep 1 covered the stuff in the manga far better then i remember the manga managing it. It was fun. electric... frankly. it was black lagoon and the ride should be fun. can't wait for the subbing, and ep 2!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail OVA

I recently finished both seasons of Black Lagoon and it sounds like this OVA is gonna be awesome. Hopefully it gets subbed soon

oh wow, more Black Lagoon. Now at least I know of one more show to add to the watching list, haha

Can't wait for the subs on this one either. Might wait for the dub though since that's how I've watched the series so far.

I saw the raw this morning as well, it looks good, but I'm gonna wait for the dub because I'm just used to the english voices and the japanese VA's seem weird now. Can't watch black lagoon without all the f-bombs now can we :smile:

Can't watch black lagoon without all the f-bombs now can we :smile:

lol.gif

Exactly!
The dub for Black Lagoon is just awesome.

Besides, until the actual release on July 17 (or earlier for those that go to AX), this is just a TV Edit of the actual episode.

Last edited:

I'm afraid to watch it in a dub because I'm way to anal when it comes to the VAs not having enough emotion depicting certain areas or the voice just doesn't fit the Japanese counterpart. Take Eva 2.0 for example, the English in the beginning had ZERO emotion whatsoever and it's like dragging 500 nails to 1 chalk board for me.

I'm afraid to watch it in a dub because I'm way to anal when it comes to the VAs not having enough emotion depicting certain areas or the voice just doesn't fit the Japanese counterpart. Take Eva 2.0 for example, the English in the beginning had ZERO emotion whatsoever and it's like dragging 500 nails to 1 chalk board for me.

the dub is fine for black lagoon... the problem is... Rock is weak... and Revy does such a poor job sounding tough and belligerent (she sounded stoned mostly) it made me die a little inside... outside those two the dub is great for black lagoon.

the dub is fine for black lagoon... the problem is... Rock is weak... and Revy does such a poor job sounding tough and belligerent (she sounded stoned mostly) it made me die a little inside... outside those two the dub is great for black lagoon.

:laugh: That alone would turn me away

Still no English subtitles available Q____Q And that while a Thai and other version is already released. I call blasphemy.

Wow, just saw the first ep and I'm impressed. Very disappointed the OP was a remix of the first 2 seasons but the ED totally fit the story and the plot continuing from shortly after Japan surprised me too.

Needless to say, where this left off, I'm totally anxious for more.

I was very impressed with this first episode, good old Black Lagoon is back! :smile:

I have read a good portion of this arc in the manga, but still
That boot knife to the balls was still all too painful to watch, even though I knew it was coming...

How long is there between releases?

Since it is an OVA and not a TV series your guess is as good as mine. :@_@:

Also, Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail OVA is already Rank #4 on the main A-P site, that was fast lol

Frankly speaking, this episode just like the other series nothing super duper awesome

The ants go marching two by two, huraa huraaa, Hahah, It was alright, I wouldn't mind watching more.

How long is there between releases?
According to the Amazon Japan release dates it goes as follows:

001 - 2010/07/17
002 - 2010/09/08
003 - 2010/11/03
004 - 2010/12/22
005 - 2011/03/02

Of course, any date can change at any time, but as of right now, that what it seems to be.

Back