Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Garyuu

Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here.

I liked the first episode. I like the voice actors. Dammit though, I hate the ED. Not only do I hate the genre, but did they have to auto-tune the whole thing?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was about to make a thread like this, then I figured best not too since there seemed to be a certain format and only one or two people were doing it XD. Must be a mod only thing.

But I'm watching this! I haven't seen any of the original series, read any of the manga anything. I'm completely new to the series!

So far though, after the first ep I like it! It seems a lot like the Monster Hunter games :). I think I know where the games got the idea!

But according to a friend of mine whose a huge fan of the original series, the first ep of HxH2011 covered about the equivalent of 9 eps in the original series? About right? It did see a little rushed.

I liked the first episode. I like the voice actors. Dammit though, I hate the ED. Not only do I hate the genre, but did they have to auto-tune the whole thing?

Same thoughts here, that ending is mind numbingly bad. I will keep watching this series, but gods that ending. :laugh:

It was a nice start for the series abit diffrent from the original, but not plot wise. I loved the original so watching a classic will be alot of fun!

By the way correct me if im wrong but the series seem to be drawn anime (old fashioned) and not all made on a computer. A strange choice

People hate the ending? It instantly made it's way into my favorite endings ever with just that first episode. I love the ending! The song caters perfectly to the type of music I'm into most right now! Although if the hate has something to do with it being completely different and out of place when compared to the original series, like it doesn't do it justice or anything, then that's understandable. I haven't seen any of HxH before, everything is new.

By the way correct me if im wrong but the series seem to be drawn anime (old fashioned) and not all made on a computer. A strange choice

All anime is hand drawn anime, and it would be much too great a financial sink hole to do anything without a computer. The traditional cel methods are more or less dead. I don't even imagine that production companies have the facilities any more. The costs involved doing a production like that would be through the roof. That, and the prospect of getting a show out each week with that quality animation, and since HxH is animated really well, means that the idea that HxH was done NOT on a computer is just impossible.
People can just as easily dump a filter on top of the entire thing to give it that olden day, cel produced look. But watch closely, the rain, the effects. I don't think it's possible to produce anime on such a level weekly WITHOUT computers.

Although if I'm wrong say so! If someone's got a link to an article saying that cel animation is still alive then please show me :). It would be rather interesting to know people still use it, even though computers have made it more or less completely obsolete.

I did not expect this!Being a huge fan of original HunterxHunter series this made me very happy.It's true that they skipped a lot but for people who have seen the original the pace felt perfect.Really good first episode,can't wait to see how it turns out!I might rewatch the whole original series!

So far though, after the first ep I like it! It seems a lot like the Monster Hunter games :). I think I know where the games got the idea!
Not really, you will see a really large universe in this series pal, one that is not so linear, as the focus changes from arc to arc.

But according to a friend of mine whose a huge fan of the original series, the first ep of HxH2011 covered about the equivalent of 9 eps in the original series? About right? It did see a little rushed.
Only the 1st 3 episodes. If you want you can watch the first 3 episodes of the 1st series where
Gon's introduction and background are more explained. He meets a guy who tells him his father is still alive, which prompts Gon to train himself until he's 12. This part is key as this character becomes a central figure in a later arc and the current anime did not show him.

The second episode has Gon meet Leorio, where they become friends and the episode ends with the two just aboarding the Ship that this anime made instantly.

The 3rd episode well, involves pretty much the majority of the 1st episode of the 2011 series, within the ship. Some minor changes were made however, Kurapika had a more detailed introduction and Leorio and Kurapika DID have a fight before respecting each other, this anime did not manage to cover that and instantly chilled them down.

The following episode simplifies the 2 next episodes of the original anime.

People hate the ending? It instantly made it's way into my favorite endings ever with just that first episode. I love the ending! The song caters perfectly to the type of music I'm into most right now! Although if the hate has something to do with it being completely different and out of place when compared to the original series, like it doesn't do it justice or anything, then that's understandable. I haven't seen any of HxH before, everything is new.

I'm just not into that type of music. I'm really into metal. IDK, there is something about this genre that really bugs me. The only type of music with CORE in its name that I listen to is grindcore. That's just a personal preference, and nothing against the genre.

I was impressed and a bit creepied when the ending at midway launched that crazy mad laughter and tone, with Hisoka appearing at the same time.

I read like halfway through the series then watched like 2 episodes I want to finish this. I just don't have the time to finish watching/reading it :P

I did not expect this!Being a huge fan of original HunterxHunter series this made me very happy.It's true that they skipped a lot but for people who have seen the original the pace felt perfect.Really good first episode,can't wait to see how it turns out!I might rewatch the whole original series!

Agree with this, the pace felt perfect.. Wish it was an on-going of the anime instead of a remake of the old series but I'll watch it regardless because HunterXHunter is amazing.

The pace was indeed a lot faster than the original series, but it didn't bother me that much. Overall, it felt a bit disappointing. Don't know why though. I guess it's because it just doesn't have the same feeling as the first HxH. Not that it's automatically a bad thing; remakes don't have to be the exact same thing as the original of course. But yeah... It just felt like there was something off. I'm still going to watch it though. I'm excited to see what they're going to do with this show.
And yeah, I didn't like the ending either. Just not my kind of music.

I agree about the ending....it sounds like one of the openings from Kaiji. I think its the same group. Just not my kind of music. Oh well, don't have to watch the ED credits.

But anyways, super excited for this series. Hunter is my favorite anime ever. The pacing wasn't necessarily rushed, but they did cut some stuff out from the beginning. Some of it such as

Gon meeting his dad's friend and finding out about him being a hunter,

could be handled in a flashback segment. So I'm not too worried about it. Hoping for great things from this anime.

What happened to Kite? Besides his absence I really enjoyed the first episode. This seems to be moving at a closer pace to the manga so I'm looking forward to getting past what I've already seen in the original soon.

I actually really liked the ending song...

Second episode was pretty awesome :)
The tests before the exam seem stupidly hard! I don't know how anyone could pass them!

And is it just me, or does Leorio look so much like Vash the Stampede? I don't know... All I know is that I really like Leorio's style. It's that old look I think. Either way, it's awesome.

^Do a little graphics work and put some Vash hair on Leorio, and lets see it :smile:

Yeah good second episode. They're definitely moving at a good clip as compared to the original....but I wouldn't say that the pacing is rushed though. They're just trimming all the fat off. Looks like the actual exams start next week.

Back