No Game No Life

Episode 1
I honesty didn't expected that much from it before I picked it up, though I thought the art was quite interesting. Surprisingly, it was actually quite better than I anticipated somehow. You have to withstand some fanservice though.

Last edited:
The first episode was a lot better than I expected. The world seems interesting enough and I already like the two main characters quite a bit. I'm curious to see where this goes. :drink:

Well that went by fast. I thought that was a great first episode. My only problem is the need for all that color. They really wanted to make it look pretty, which it does at most points, but some points it looks like crayon filled vomit. The story seems interesting, was afraid of it being MMORPG like SAO. Very happy I was wrong there. The two main characters are enjoyable so far. I'll definitely be sticking with this one.

Got 8 minutes in.

Another show where the word "Gamer" is code for "Borderline incestuous shut-ins with no life or friends". God forbid they could portray a person who's good at video games as normal...

1 and done.

0.5 out of 5.

Episode 1:

Oh, my, God Becky, look at her butt
It is so big, she looks like
One of those rap guys' girlfriends.
But, ya know, who understands those rap guys?
They only talk to her, because,
She looks like a total prostitute, 'kay?
I mean, her butt, is just so big
I can't believe it's just so round, it's like out there
I mean gross, look
She's just so, black

I like big butts and I can not lie
You other brothers can't deny
That when a girl walks in with an itty bitty waist
And a round thing in your face
You get sprung, want to pull up tough
'Cause you notice that butt was stuffed
Deep in the jeans she's wearing
I'm hooked and I can't stop staring
Oh baby, I want to get wit'cha
And take your picture
My homeboys tried to warn me
But with that butt you got makes (me so horny)
Ooh, Rump-o'-smooth-skin
You say you want to get in my Benz?
Well, use me, use me
'Cause you ain't that average groupie
I've seen her dancin'
To hell with romancin'
She's sweat, wet,
Got it goin' like a turbo 'Vette
I'm tired of magazines
Sayin' flat butts are the thing
Take the average black man and ask him that
She gotta pack much back
So, fellas (yeah) Fellas (yeah)
Has your girlfriend got the butt? (hell yeah)
Tell 'em to shake it (shake it) shake it (shake it)
Shake that healthy butt
Baby got back (L.A. fits with the Oakland booty)

Baby got back (L.A. fits with the Oakland booty)

I like 'em round, and big
And when I'm throwin' a gig
I just can't help myself, I'm actin' like an animal
Now here's my scandal
I want to get you home
And ugh, double-up, ugh, ugh
I ain't talkin' bout Playboy
'Cause silicone parts are made for toys
I want 'em real thick and juicy
So find that juicy double
Mix-a-Lot's in trouble
Beggin' for a piece of that bubble
So I'm lookin' at rock videos
Knock-kneed bimbos walkin' like hoes
You can have them bimbos
I'll keep my women like Flo Jo
A word to the thick soul sistas, I want to get with ya
I won't cuss or hit ya
But I gotta be straight when I say I want to fuck
Til the break of dawn
Baby got it goin' on
A lot of simps won't like this song
'Cause them punks like to hit it and quit it
And I'd rather stay and play
'Cause I'm long, and I'm strong
And I'm down to get the friction on
So, ladies (Yeah) Ladies (Yeah)
If you want to role in my Mercedes (Yeah)
Then turn around, stick it out
Even white boys got to shout
Baby got back

Baby got back
Yeah, baby, when it comes to females
Cosmo ain't got nothin'
To do with my selection
Thirty six-twenty- four-thirty six
Ha ha, only if she's 5'3

So your girlfriend rolls a Honda, playin' workout tapes by Fonda
But Fonda ain't got a motor in the back of her Honda
My anaconda don't want none
Unless you've got buns, hon
You can do side bends or sit-ups
But please don't lose that butt
Some brothers want to play that hard role
And tell you that the butt ain't gol'
So they toss it and leave it
And I pull up quick to retrieve it
So Cosmo says you're fat
Well I ain't down with that
'Cause your waist is small and your curves are kickin'
And I'm thinkin' bout stickin'
To the beanpole dames in the magazines
You ain't it, Miss Thing
Give me a sista, I can't resist her
Red beans and rice didn't miss her
Some knucklehead tried to dis
'Cause his girls are on my list
He had game but he chose to hit 'em
And I pull up quick to get wit 'em
So ladies, if the butt is round,
And you want a triple X throw down,
Dial 1-900-MIXALOT
And kick them nasty thoughts
Baby got back

Baby got back

Last edited:
Another show where the word "Gamer" is code for "Borderline incestuous shut-ins with no life or friends". God forbid they could portray a person who's good at video games as normal...
They obviously can't insult a part of the main audience, the hardcore gamer, for this show. Luckily there are some other anime who are brave enough to tell the truth, like Welcome to the NHK.

The bro-con/sis-con vibe with their relationship was another thing that was really off-putting and eye-roll worthy. Shiro the quiet one of the duo seems like she's just solely lolicon bait and nothing else with that unsettling fanservice, blergh.
What do you mean, I didn't see serious bro-/sis-con in this episode. It also seems that it won't turn that way either. About the fanservice, I've pretty much said you have to withstand it a bit. It was quite tolerable up till now imo.

^ I guess this must be misunderstanding. I wasn't talking about good gamers in general, of course those aren't NEETs most of the time. I was actually solely talking about the NEETs...

What do you mean, I didn't see serious bro-/sis-con in this episode. It also seems that it won't turn that way either. About the fanservice, I've pretty much said you have to withstand it a bit. It was quite tolerable up till now imo.

I really don't think the panty shots and pandering of an underage girl were a level to me that I would call acceptable even if it wasn't rampant. I also didn't quite mean it in total explicit terms as well with the imouto character having that communication disorder makes her much more bland than she needs to be and I hardly see the show taking her issue that seriously and developing it into something more other than just being some cute loli that can't talk much which again seems more or less reducing her to be bait. And while it's not strongly prevalent, doesn't change the fact the implied incest subtext felt like it was there although not sexual in nature it's not something I would call that innocent in it's presentation either with the uncanniness of how close the two are and what looks like complete dependency on one another.

Last edited:
These two are not normal gamers by any means.

It specifically states that they both have communication disorders, he's a NEET while she's a shit-in that never goes to school, and they're both "game-obsessed".
I didn't get any serious bro-/sis-con feelings either. I could've missed something, but it just seemed like they were really close siblings, but I guess I can see how it wouldn't be consider completely innocent. It could've done without the fanservice, but it didn't really bother me either. I just hope they keep that to a minimum.

Episode 1

Blatant wish-fulfilment and OP main characters aside, I really enjoyed this. The pacing was pretty damn decent, which is a pretty rare thing to accomplish. Everything just seemed to flow seamlessly from one part to the next. I actually liked the art style, I thought it was interestingly eclectic, although yes, it was over-the-top in its rampant use of colour.

Not buying the incest aspect, although I can see how it can come off like that. Just seems like you could still pass them off as very close siblings, and honestly, considering their lifestyle, emotional codependency doesn't seem like anything particularly strange. But the fan-service of Shiro was distasteful. Get rid of that shit.

They do really needed to dial back on how skilled they are. If everything is easily done by their over-whelming talent, then there's no real sense of urgency or weight behind anything. By all means, have them be talented, but it went way too far.

I do like how Sora resorted to cheating rather than relying on a contrived deus ex machina, but it didn't actually show how he cheated, which seems like a miss opportunity.

But I enjoyed it, and I'll be looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't think the panty shots and pandering of an underage girl were a level to me that I would call acceptable even if it wasn't rampant. I also didn't quite mean it in total explicit terms as well with the imouto character having that communication disorder makes her much more bland than she needs to be and I hardly see the show taking her issue that seriously and developing it into something more other than just being some cute loli that can't talk much which again seems more or less reducing her to be bait. And while it's not strongly prevalent, doesn't change the fact the implied incest subtext felt like it was there although not sexual in nature it's not something I would call that innocent in it's presentation either with the uncanniness of how close the two are and what looks like complete dependency on one another.
I've never said that was a good thing or anything, if that's what you're implying. I also really hate to see Shiro being used as fan service as much as you do. I said it was tolerable since it's only used a few times and it doesn't really influence the show itself otherwise. Heck, there are much worse shows out there! Nevertheless, like MrTripStack said, it could've done things easily without it.

There's a difference in having a sibling complex and just being close to your siblings, I would think. Those two work like a well-oiled machine, trusting in each other completely.

Also, this show reminds me so much of Problem Children are Coming from Another World. And this makes me happy.

Last edited:
I liked the first episode, I feel like it could either be really good or really bad... I'll stick with it and see how it plays out thou. (Not a huge fan of the 11 year old pantie shots)

Got 8 minutes in.

1 and done.

0.5 out of 5.

Missing the point entirely. They're not making any kind of statement about gamers. Nor is there any connotation of incest. They call the siblings out specifically as being dysfunctional. They have problems for reals. They can't relate to anyone other than each other, have no idea how to approach life with a goal and focus on its resolution. They're outcasts to the point that they simply cannot bear to live in any world other than the online one - until they're presented with a third option.

Kids, even gamer kids don't generally feel so out of place that they literally think they were born into the wrong world. They do, however, often experience feelings of isolation from peers and society, and this is what's being played up here. Kids watching the show will feel like they relate to the main characters on this basis alone. That's cheap characterization and a whole other escapist can of worms, but as far as I know it's nothing for you to be insulted about.

Episode 01

This must be Problem Children's imouto because the similarities are really in your face. As for the episode itself, I didn't like how it ended with the
Holy crap, she's naked?! Why did she come to his room at night?!/sarcasm
but everything else was enjoyable. I will most definitely be sticking with this. *crosses fingers for an awesome ED like Problem Children's*

Episode 01

This must be Problem Children's imouto because the similarities are really in your face. As for the episode itself, I didn't like how it ended with the
Holy crap, she's naked?! Why did she come to his room at night?!/sarcasm

I liked this, actually, because the answer is obvious given a moment's thought - we saw the MCs literally take the clothes off some would-be bandits' backs in a game earlier. The obvious implication is, of course, that she's lost everything. And has decided to turn to the only person who seemed to care. Too bad for her he was only advised her previously on a lark and probably has no interest in helping her at all :drink:

Back