Berserk сontinues?

N

Nekoblast

I like remake of golden age arc and want to find smthg about new chapters but of cause find nothing.
But suddenly found this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p286WtHoK2g
If i understand all right in the end of trailer there is Gats as black swordman?
Sooo we'll soon see the new movie...?

Can u help me,is it really black swordman skin?

Sorry for my eng T.T

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard from my friend who is really into Berserk and he said there are suppose to be around 7 movies, but I don't know how long they are suppose to take

My advice for fresh Berserk fans is patience. More patience than the Greek and Norse gods combined.

Last I heard, the manga is on hiatus... again. So, if you are young, you may see the completion of Berserk... if Miura doesn't die first.

My advice for fresh Berserk fans is patience. More patience than the Greek and Norse gods combined.

Last I heard, the manga is on hiatus... again. So, if you are young, you may see the completion of Berserk... if Miura doesn't die first.

I hope he's not just obsessing over another video game like he did before

I hope he's not just obsessing over another video game like he did before

I'd fully expect that. Or, you know, he's simply become a lazy fuck in recent years.

It's not like his artwork is that elaborate. It'd definitely warrant a bi/tri-weekly release schedule, but not this random nonsense.

It's not like his artwork is that elaborate.
Compared to what though? I thought it was considered 'up there' as an example of elaborate manga art? I don't read loads of the stuff, but I've always though I'd like to be pointed in the direction of artists as talented as Miura (and Nihei).

Berserk can be chaotic during the action scenes, but the author puts alot of effort in those small details. I havent read much manga (mostly manhua webtoons) but I havent encountered one with so much scenery details.

berserk-4898963.jpg

Miura is talented, there's no denying that. But he also severely lacks focus. Fact of the matter is, he has it too good in terms of creator freedom. With no set deadline for his work on Berserk, he has no real motivation besides his own desire to continue working on it.

Then again, he may be unable to do the same quality work under the pressure of a deadline. While he may get paid for his work, he's far from professional.

Also, while his work is incredibly detailed, it does have a tendency to be difficult to read at times. While still great looking, there's been plenty of instances where the work on the page has been just as busy as it is detailed.

I've said this before, but if you want to see really great looking manga art that is easy to read and is rarely overly busy, look no further than Takehiko Inoue's Vagabond.

Compared to what though? I thought it was considered 'up there' as an example of elaborate manga art? I don't read loads of the stuff, but I've always though I'd like to be pointed in the direction of artists as talented as Miura (and Nihei).

I meant it's not so elaborate that it would warrant several months to get a meager one or two chapters done and published. At the times where he actually seemed to have a drive to draw and get his story progressing, I believe the manga followed a bi or tri-weekly release schedule and he handled himself just fine. The irregular pace he has now is some clear BS.

I just mentioned the art because I've always found the hardcore defenders online stating it's only natural for a given chapter to take seven months to do because he puts so much work into it, and that's a ridiculous notion to have. Obviously his art is quite gorgeous nonetheless, although I have to say it's seen better times detail-wise...

Also, nice to see you around coffeebreath. Been a while. :drinking:

Ah, I see... the time involved. I thought that was all down to him being a diva and refusing the use of some good assistants? I think he's just a genius bastard misanthrope who will most definitely die before finishing the greatest story ever told. Fuck.

Thank you, Link, it's good to be here once a while :)

I am genuinely worried that he'll die before completion. But yeah, he's apparently quite obsessed with Id@lmaster, drawing doujins under a pseudonym and stuff, pretty upsetting.

When will he get off the boat?

He may never. I mean he's made quite the living off of Berserk and if he doesn't feel the passion for it then maybe it would be best to leave it alone. A disappointment to all the fans out there, but it's his creation and if he doesn't really feel for finishing it then there's not much to be done. Maybe one day he'll think about the fact he's getting older and consider not leaving his legacy work incomplete. Either way if he comes back to it then I want to see him come back to it with passion for it. Not to compare Berserk to Bleach in quality, but reading Bleach nowadays it's hard not to notice that's it's written with little to no passion and Kubo is just holding on to his cash cow to milk what he can out of it and there's something very sad about that.

The work is going to suffer if he doesn't come back to it for the right reasons and that's then you'd start seeing the story degrade.

I wonder if he knows someone in the industry or something? It seems weird that for nearly 30 years now they've let him kind of pittle around with chapters here and there.

I know I'm younger than him, but I'm afraid he's going to die before he'll finish Berserk... at this point, I want to just see the ending of Berserk and be done more than I want to be done with Bleach.

It's not like he did this from the beginning, at least as far as I know. It's been going on for several past years, but before that he followed a normal schedule. So what he did is take advantage of his success to laze around because the magazine can't bring themselves to fire his ass due to the pull Berserk has in comparison to whatever else they publish.

Yeah, he most likely worked his ass off at the beginning of the series. It wasn't until it grew into a massive success that he started slacking off. I'm not an expert on what goes into making manga beyond what I've read in a few articles and seen in some anime about making manga, but it seems like a very intense industry which probably does lead to a lot of burn out. It's quite common to read about mangaka that work themselves into exhaustion or getting sick. For example Oda still works on One Piece just as intensely as he did back when it started and it seems like at least a couple of times a year he gets sick and needs a few weeks off.

For Berserk I know he has taken a few breaks, one was when he started working on a new manga, and the other was when he go obsessed over the video game, can't remember the name, but it was where you play the role of a pop star's manager...yeah...I know, it's really hard to believe that the author of such a violent, messed up (but one of the best) manga would play something like that...oh Japan

Back