Berserk Golden Age Arc I: Egg of the Supreme Ruler

Lassiel

Hi guys!
Do anyone know where to watch or download this movie? And will it be released in america?

Re: Berserk – Golden Age Arc I: Egg of the Supreme Ruler

Make sure you know the rules before you post a thread.

https://www.anime-planet.com/forum/specific-anime-discussion/15359-section-rules.html
Discussing where to download the anime or where you can watch it online is not allowed.

It just came out in theaters. You're not going to find it online. You will be EXTREMELY lucky to find a crappy cam. You won't see anything online until it comes out on DVD and BD. Of course it will come out in America. They would be stupid to not release it over here.

Couldn't help but laugh at the fact that you first told him he wasn't allowed to post and then promptly after answered his question :p

But it's exactly as you said. We won't see this online for some time - not to mention that it has to be subbed after being released too.

The Dvd/Bd will be released on May 23rd in Japan (Source)
We won't have to wait that much longer.

The Dvd/Bd will be released on May 23rd in Japan (Source)
We won't have to wait that much longer.
That's fantastic news. I was just reading an announcement today that the Berserk movies have been licensed here in Oz land with a cinema release as well. I imagine there will be some delay after the Japanese release though. Not sure if I'll have the patience.. :)

Truly, it is really sweet - but did you guys watch some of the trailers? I recall watching one of the first trailers back in 2011, where there was some battlefield footage that looked kinda fucked. I can't really describe it, I just remember seeing an animation flaw as a result of the high-fps battle scenes.

I couldn't find said trailer when looking now, since a lot more footage has been released since then. I just hope it'll be a flawless project - I was devastated watching the anime end like it did :p And I haven't had the motivation for reading the manga yet.

Dun dun dun, it's all so exciting!

Truly, it is really sweet - but did you guys watch some of the trailers? I recall watching one of the first trailers back in 2011, where there was some battlefield footage that looked kinda fucked. I can't really describe it, I just remember seeing an animation flaw as a result of the high-fps battle scenes.

I couldn't find said trailer when looking now, since a lot more footage has been released since then. I just hope it'll be a flawless project - I was devastated watching the anime end like it did :p And I haven't had the motivation for reading the manga yet.

Dun dun dun, it's all so exciting!

Do you mean the 3Diness of it all? That certainly makes it look different at least. It's an interesting new technique but it could be better.

Commie have released the movie. For me, after being a big fan of the original series this movie is a flop. I can forgive them for the crappy 3d but I cannot forgive the fact they didn't use the voice actors from the tv series. I did enjoy the 2d animation but that alone wasn't enough to keep me watching past the 15 minute mark.

wow really? i personally thought this movie was great...even despite the awkwardness of the CG i found myself more focused on the action and story than anything. I did feel that they rushed things a bit, i think they just used this movie to set up the back story/scenario and cut out the scenes they felt were "non-essential" to the story...which scenes those are is debatable but eh...that's something i can live with.

Also, am i the only one who feels that the "greatness" of the anime is overrated?...i didn't really like the anime all that much...this movie isn't perfect but I'd say it definitely holds it's own in comparison against the anime.

Well, for me this was absolutely watchable, with a well executed story-line. But could it be
that they will follow a closed story different from the open ended manga in the next episodes? It's quite some time I read the first manga chapters...

^ Seeing how in the film's opening clip we have the Skull Knight, Puck, Farnesse, Serpico, Isidro and most importantly Schierke (if I remember correctly she first showed up around volume 20-something), I'm pretty sure already that they plan to follow the manga properly.

I watched the film yesterday and felt that the less they used the CG, the better. Some of the animation was crappy, most especially the CG close-ups, but when they used CG for shots from far (example: during the castle siege at the beginning) it was cool as hell, and pretty much all scenes involving more drawings than CG were stunning.

Cool action, pretty character designs, and a close adaptation of the manga - although, admittedly, having to leave some scenes/dialogue details out. I'm convinced that's only for the Golden Age arc though, the following arcs are likely to be adapted very closely since it is wholly new animated material.

Solid 4/5 for me. In the next film things are going to heat up a notch so it'll be even better, and the last film is going to be epic as all hell...

... literally.

Can't wait for the 3rd Movie and news of more oncoming projects. But really, just give me the third without skipping the manga material before the climax, and with a greatly animated version of said climax, and I'll be a happy panda for years.

Well, for me this was absolutely watchable, with a well executed story-line. But could it be
that they will follow a closed story different from the open ended manga in the next episodes? It's quite some time I read the first manga chapters...

from what i can tell they're following the manga pretty accurately...like i said before it seems like they've cut out some scenes or merged them with another scene which actually didn't feel out of place.

the next movie doesn't show anything to the contrary from what ive seen of the preview, in fact i'd suspect both upcoming movies to be more faithful to the original content since i believe they are supposed to have a longer run time.
(this first movie is about 1hr 30 min, the next two will be like 2hrs each i believe)

remember the third movie of this trilogy is supposed to depict the eclipse and since we've seen shots of the skull knight and gut's other companions I'd expect them to set up for the next set of movies depicting guts when he's "the Black Swordsman".

One of my main gripes with the film was how important it was as an introduction to the characters and it just seemed to focus more on plot. I think only Griffith came across correctly, if not really damn well. Caska sounded annoying as hell throughout, but I can't remember when she actually starts showing her other sides. I love it when her vulnerability starts showing through in the story, and I have my fingers crossed they get it right. Guts did not show enough vulnerability, too much emphasis on him being such a strong character but he is forced into that role, his core is totally different. For instance, one scene
fighting Zodd... I say this was done better in the series, there is that one moment when Zodd transforms and the fear in Guts' eyes just connects straight to the audience. In the film, not at all really. Guts definitely struggles in that fight in the movie but we don't see his deep vulnerability followed by his amazing ability to adapt. He just handles it in a struggled way. Probably not explaining this right. However, the movie pulled off the accidental murder of Adonis really well. That whole segment and everything after was the highlight for me.

^ I agree, the film especially shone from that moment onwards.

As for Caska, the parts you're referring to were definitely the material they'll be including in the second movie. Up to that, her weaknesses are only hinted at and I think those nuances were present in the film.

As for Guts, I think the last stretch of the film made him justice. It's too bad they had to skip the moment of his birth and the Gambino mini-storyline to complete him a bit more, but I can live with that and maybe, just maybe, they'll include it in the second film at a coherent place (I can think of some). You may be right on the Zodd scene though. Also the movie could have done with adding some more scenes of Guts buddying with the Band of the Hawk members, I remember some sweet, early scenes of them having a drink together. Just make the flick 5-10 minutes longer, it's not much of a price for a rather big reward, characterisation-wise.

^He gives his backstory during the scene in the tree with casca doesn't he?

Guts did not show enough vulnerability, too much emphasis on him being such a strong character but he is forced into that role, his core is totally different.[/spoiler]

Wasn't his vulnerability shown in those somewhat 'homo-erotic' scenes? (his likeness to Caska in regard to his connection to Griffith)

^He gives his backstory during the scene in the tree with casca doesn't he?

I could swear in the manga it was introduced way earlier than that, as in, at the beginning of the Golden Age arc - and then Guts further talked about it to Caska in that scene. But you'd remember that better than me as it's been very long since I last read that.

if i remember correctly guts only ever talks about his back-story with Casca in that scene after they have sex. the only other places i could think of where he might mention something is the scene before the battle of Doldrey where Casca realizes that guts is thinking about leaving the band of the hawk or the scene after they fall down the cliff, but i think that one is casca's back-story. it wouldn't be that surprising if they have him mention something at either of those places.

i think the readers would have known about his past due to the arc detailing it, but i dont think any of the other members of the band of the hawk are shown asking about it.

^You guys must be lucky, everything is blocked in the US.

Oh. He just referenced it in the scene with Casca. I guess the full backstory came earlier. I got it mixed up.

Back