[fixed][bug] Extreme sluggishness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drahken

Cross-eyed Cyclops
The site has been dragging it's ass like nobody's business all night, though pages do often load eventually. Sometimes however they don't and you get a cloudflare 524 error with the following message:

"The connection to the origin web server was made, but the origin web server timed out before responding. The likely cause is an overloaded background task, database or application, stressing the resources on your web server. "

...And other times you get the complete slap in the face of getting the "...but the forum is up" site maintenance message when you try to post a bug thread about the server issues.

Re: [bug] Extreme sluggishness

I'm experiencing same issue since at least 5 hours. Everything loads very slowly, and 4 of 5 refreshes give me maintenance site. No 524 error for me.

moving these lag bugs to complete - the initial lag was due to the old data center, after we moved data centers, as it turns out there was database misconfiguration causing the new lag. that's since been fixed and there've been no reports yet of continuing issues. if there are, it's something new/we'll investigate.

apologies to everyone for that period of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back