Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpuchou Tou

B

BTime

Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpuchou Tou

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

I was going to put some information here from AniDB, but they quoted AnimeNFO's descriptor which is pretty much crap.

The quick and dirty; High school action/drama/horror series.

A group of Teens gain mysterious abilities after a nearly fatal encounter with a demon. They then reluctantly decide to band together and fight the demonic foes which are appearing with increasing frequency in their city. The tone of the anime is fairly serious. Blood & graphic violence. Parental guidance may be advised.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpuchou

so far the show has the same anime style as Tenjou Tenge, and the characters are pretty good. i'm going to continue watching this series and i have some hope for it ^^_.

so far the show has the same anime style as Tenjou Tenge, and the characters are pretty good.
O_O

Could you be more specific? Because Ogure Ito's drawing style is, ehm, kinda, special... Or what do you mean by "anime style"?

Firstly, I disagree about it having the same anime style as Tengou Tenge. Someone is a little bit blind.

Secondly, I REALLY like this anime. It's one of those shallow affairs where I'm not going to expect much character depth but gonna enjoy the beautiful, BEAUTIFUL fighting sequences and the eye-feast that is the artistic concept. The style is sexy, sleek and the animation is top-knotch. The comedy seems a bit forced but it's definitely bearable.

This anime seems formulaic, it's done-before, but it's refreshing in that it's doing the formula in acceptable quality. Wasn't that great a fan of Fate/Stay Night and couldn't finish Shakugan no Shana because it got horrendously repetitive and boring. But this... this might pull it off (PLEASE GOD).

PS. It's hilariously awesome that this anime has scremo for its opening theme. It started and I was like 'Thrice... is that you?' HAHAHAHA!

Last edited:

hmm, i don't know what i was saying when i said that. i think i might have been on crack when i was thinking that. now i'm going to have to tenjou tenge again >_<

Lol! On crack? You drug yourself up a lot before watching anime, do you?

And lol at 'Dragon Veins'. Gods. I love silly fantasy names for stuff. Am on third episode and not sure about the dynamics between the characters. It looks a bit forced at the moment, like they're trying to establish all their complex emotions too quickly. I wish they'd rather start by developing a main storyline or something... not just kinda having random demon-fighting.

The two more irritating characters so far: Aoi (shut up about being useless, Jesus Christ), and Houjin or whatever-with-the-wooden-sword (because he's trying too hard to be bad-ass).

But overall, still entertained.

*comes back after watching episode 4*

This anime is SO overblown, it makes me crack up. If it continues like this, I'll get bored.

Last edited:

but gonna enjoy the beautiful, BEAUTIFUL fighting sequences and the eye-feast that is the artistic concept. The style is sexy, sleek and the animation is top-knotch.
Uh. Are you watching the same CRAPPY raws as me? Because the last adjective I would use is "beautiful" and "enjoy" >_>

Otherwise fine, but video quality is really terrible. Well, one TV...

You migth be watching somethind different. Seriously, because what I'm seeing is very pretty. Although, after episode 4, I'm not going to call it THAT entertaining anymore. It's in danger of turning into a 'let's satisfy the 14-year old goth kids with mediocre and rather stupid plotlines' type of anime. Such a shame. The animation is being wasted on the story idea.

Gonna see if it might have something to do with the translation before I give up. At the moment, their dialogue comes across a tad... static. Gonna switch from Shinsen to... the other more reputable one that only has one episode out so far.

Well, it is currently just a bunch of high school kids playing hero, but somehow I can't bring myself to believe the story is going to stay that uninteresting for the entirety.

Agreed that the video quaity of the raws is horrid, though the animation itself seems to be pretty good underneath it...

Episode 7 just became available for download, and I think this is the beginning of good things to come. Some explanations ensue and was overall a satisfying episode IMHO.

Yea, I was wondering if it was going to delve into filler arc land, but thankfully it seems that won't be the case ^_^

Anybody finish this? Anyway, looks like the second half doesn't start until July. Could be interesting, especially if they keep the focus on the main story and avoid going into subplot-land like they did for ep 3-6 of the first half. In any case, I'm glad it's coming; the whole '14 episode series' info had me worried. Too much character setup and such going on for a series to end that quick...

I watched through ep 12 yesterday while my internet connection was down. What strikes me the most about it is the lack of terror. I know it is supposed to be horror, but it just doesn't seem to be what it is. Even the gore is strongly incorporated into plot. It makes the series less of a horror story and more of a survival story. It does have its bizarre moments of course, but I'm enjoying it more than I expected because it is not limited by its genre.

Don't watch the last episode. Episode 14. It's crap. You have been warned :-D .

Don't watch the last episode. Episode 14. It's crap. You have been warned :-D .

Yeah, pretend it ends at 13. 14 is... bad. All you need to know is that they left room for a sequel which should be pretty obvious by episode 13 anyhow.

Define 'crap'...
ep14 clears up a few things like why Tendou got eaten by hands and what Kisaragi plans on doing, sets up for part 2 a bit more by bringing this master guy's existence to the attention of the group, and overall offers some level of conclusion to part 1. Not every episode has to be filled with action to be worth watching... I know it is exceedingly happy for an episode of TMGK but the characters need to relax a bit at this point and they didn't want to leave as many things unclear going into the 3 month intermission.

Not that it's an amazing episode either, but it does have plot relevance, so it should probably be watched. Maybe it's just me, but I tend not to think of eps individually so much as I think about where they fit in the whole. I think 14 works just fine for what they need to do *shrug* Remember it isn't the 'last episode' of a series but rather the halfway point - It's more or less evident that the second half was intended to exist from the beginning (it always said "dark law chapter" as if there would be another, among other things), so it's not particularly correct to think of part 1 as a standalone since it was never supposed to be.

Anyway, is TMGK supposed to be horror? I never honestly thought of it that way, but is that the official word? wow. I just think of it as a diferent angle on the demon action show. (Normally when you think demons there's some kind of hardcore demon slayer or angel or something, not a bunch of high school kids. Plus the buddhist mysticism is a refreshingly different style to see)

Last edited:

crap is = something is very bad :-D

it's just that the animation is so bad comparing to the previous episodes and the fighting part doesn't make sense, it's weird.

eh....does sakarui(think thats how u spell it) have a crush on Aoi?
im only on ep 5 and it seems that way to me
i thought japan was extremely anti homosexual

Back