Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova

LinkSword

POPEE BELIEVER
Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

So... this is out, and... I guess I'm watching it. Huh.

I think it's going to be no good, but I'll give it a chance for no good reason whatsoever. :pokerface:

Re: Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio

Episode 1

Why the hell do they force lolis into everything, i actually thought it would be a gargantia done right or something but nope, lolis... of well, the setting wasnt too bad, the animation was good and the i enjoyed the ED so ill give it another episode or 2 before i decide if i will drop it. it will probably turn into monster of the week fight thou except with lolis instead of monsters.

Episode 1:
This series definitely has a lot of potential but the CGI will take some getting used to.

I hope this is good, i thought the PV looked cool, and i like the character designs. With the exception of that weird loli in that huge coat, she looks dumb, but the rest were cool.

I beg to differ, Haruna and her giant coat looks pretty damn cool. BTW, am I the only one thinks Haruna looks like Mina from Dance in The Vampire Bund?
11498-1707145774.jpg

Episode 1.
The CGI characters don't bug me like the ones in Kingdom did. Mostly an introduction/exposition episode. Though I guess it saves a flashback episode later. I do find the whole Loli aspect annoying, but I do enjoy sea ship battles. I'll watch this.

not sure about this one so going to give it a few more episodes.

Also as said above, they really should stop throwing loli's into every anime. Or have the people doing the art forgot how not to draw loli's.

I think I need to get used in CGI first because it kinda bug me little bit.
I feel little disappointment because it didn't met to my expectation but I will give more try.

Episode 1

Well it certainly was interest9ng, they're consistently using CGI only characters... interesting as well..

01:

So, the ship battles look really cool, as do the explosions, missiles, etc. But it's in the characters where the CG looks really painful - in some scenes with the main characters (Gunzou and Iona) it's not very noticeable, but take a look at the extras in the ships or even some of the secondaries and they just don't look up to par. I guess it was cheaper to make it this way, but I honestly thing CG Battles + Regular Animation Characters would have been the artstyle to go with.

Then we have an interesting setting, but the narrative is sort of sloppy, as are the dialogues. I can't believe how horribly contrived the transition to that flashback was.

Also, yeah... loli battleships. Not a fan of the idea, that's for sure.

So overall this was meh but sort of entertaining. I'll give it a timid thumbs up for now.

Episode 1:

Wow, "CGI: the animation". As they said, in the background it wasn't bad (but not very appealing and gorgeous either), but in the characters that wasn't good. The scenes in general are very naive, there's a lot of same shots in many scenes (most of the conversation between the MC and that male agent was in two shots). But well, at least the explosions and missiles have strength, let's see if the show can be entertained and varied with these kind of battles.

About the plot and character, meh... Agree with everyone about the lolis (the opening was a party of boobs and asses btw), but still this was very bland. There wasn't much relation or personality in the characters even though this is the introduction, and the MC accepting the girl and that offer so quickly was very meh (I know there's hidden stuff, but that was rushed). I guess it's better because they look so generic (unstopable MC with traumas, robot girl learning to be human...) that probably I would not like them if they had too focus, but I'm not sure yet.
But the other aspect is like, if this is inspired in a manga, this felt like they skipped a lot of things of those moments to put in a single episode stuff that probably would happen in two or something, maybe because of that this was so quick and without interactions.

Hoping in the next episodes more understanding about the society and threat, that I don't think they were clear enough yet. Not bad, but I'm not hoping very much.

Ending (opening) song wasn't terrible, but I really couldn't get into the story. Every time it seemed like they were going to build some character background to make me care, they just continued on with the story as if nothing had happened. I guess it has 12 episodes to do this, but so far all of the characters feel hollow.

I lol'd at 「渡しに乗って」.

AHnA1.jpg

AHnA2.jpg

Last edited:

God this CGI character designs are eye bleeding. I hope I get used to it like I did with Kingdom, If they stick to CG battles and regular character designs I would be happy.

^ but at least we had an idea of what was going on and character had an obvious motive and drive.

Episode 2.
All right, that was pretty good. The CG really lends to the battle scenes. A really boss frigging battle scene. Super gravity cannons and outwitting and all the good stuff...and then they let me down at the end with the "She's got a crush on Gunzou" thing. That aside, good stuff.

Episode 2:
Ok, the battle part was cool and all with all the tactics and outsmarting and big ass cannons but then they had to go ahead and ruin it by having the MC being an idealist and not destroying the ship because lets forget it is the main enemy that killed dozens and humans and drove them out of 3/4 of the planet and focus on the fact that she have a cute metal image and we don't destroy cute mental images right?
Oh well, i guess they made it clear that this won't be a serious show so ill just stick around for the occasional battle scenes.

Episode 2

Much better than episode 1

CGI still is hard to get used to though

But this episode had tension which the first episode desperately needed.

Still can't say if this series is going to suck or be enjoyable in the end though...

Episode 2:
Ok, the battle part was cool and all with all the tactics and outsmarting and big ass cannons but then they had to go ahead and ruin it by having the MC being an idealist and not destroying the ship because lets forget it is the main enemy that killed dozens and humans and drove them out of 3/4 of the planet and focus on the fact that she have a cute metal image and we don't destroy cute mental images right?
Oh well, i guess they made it clear that this won't be a serious show so ill just stick around for the occasional battle scenes.

Damn beat me to it couldn't agree more with this ^

Episode 2

I have a bad feeling that this will turn into harem with ships as every mental image happens to be a cute anime stereotypical girl would be more interesting if they were kuuderes and stuck to the I am a machine that follows orders. Apparently not though as all the fleet of the fog have stereotypes instead already met our tsundere who will be the first to join the harem. Ugh shame really looks like we will have a major sob story coming later to show how the fleet aren't really evil and there is some kind of misunderstanding and then harem time.

I didn't expect Gunzo to act like Eren but you would think he would at least be a little mad at the fleet of fog for bottling up mankind and supposedly killing his dad. Also it hinted his mum committed suicide because of all this too. I wonder if all the titan's were like Annie, Eren would have tried to have a titan harem instead lol.

Well if this goes to hell still got good old Kingdom and plenty others to watch.

I think you guys are jumping the gun a little.
Yeah, the Mental Model getting a crush on him was dumb. Doesn't mean the show is suddenly going to abandon all seriousness, and become a harem with ships.

Back