Bleach

Yay bo Bleach oh ya how do the voices fit? i'm interested to hear what the do for Kon's voice

The guy doing Ichigo's voice doesn't seem to know how to freakin' scream or shout.

Anyway what do the bleach-manga crowd think?

From a non manga persons point of view:

Episode #: 1
9 out of 10 for an opening episode. But if I had read the manga i would have given it a 10 I guess. It's an art work/design/personal taste thing. I give it a 10 for the comic relief parts, very well done. :J The action scene was the only weak part, the music doesn't really complement it, that's all. This is a manga translation so that scene still gets a 8. At first I thought the opening sucked, but after watching the entire show and then rewatching the opening I have to say that it's a pretty good opening. The ending is way too short, because it's so good. As beauty is only skin deep, this show has the feel of being beautiful from within. The personally of the characters plays a bigger part then a pretty drawn character or something like that, which is a good thing.

In short music during action scene could be better, but that's all really. Oh and it doesn't really give the feeling like you want to see the next episode. Hmmm, that's just me though it's 4 am as I type and I can't sleep. :/ Maybe this is because the ending song/credit scene is so final and calming. This anime also has a old school feel to it.

Adding a request for the opening and ending themes. ^_^
edit: gave it a 9 after all ^_^

Ok this is just a TL question.

Isn't shinigami translated to grim reaper instead of soul reaper or death god? Or is this just one of the many words that when written in kanji has different meanings/interpretations? Truth be told soul reaper seems to be the right interpretation in this case, but still...

[From a Bleach manga fan's point of view]
I still think the opening of Bleach doesn't fit the series. It's like ... a opening should set the mood. The opening of Bleach doesn't set the right mood. As this is an action series involving spirits and shinigamis. You can barely tell that this anime is about spirits and shinigamis (or at least has some action in it) from watching the opening (except for the small scene in the op).

I love the voice actors. I heard the voice actor for Kon is the mangaka of Bleach itself, Kubotite? I'm not sure but you hear Kon's voice in the next episode preview so it's pretty good. And I especially love Rukia's voice actor. Fits her perfectly.

I don't really hate the background music but sometimes I feel it doesn't sound right. Like it doens't fit with the scene they're currently in. Though this doesn't bother me amazingly.

I have to agree on the opening part. It doesn't fit the series as I see it. You get the impression that the show is about a hip hop street / samurai from the past story. It doesn't fit, but it is very well made.

op
I especially love the art and different outfits the characters get to wear in the opening, not that it has anything to do with the main show mind you. In fact the contrast between the content of the show and the opening makes me like the opening so much.
It's like you get to see a manga cover to an anime show, the manga cover being the opening.

as someone who has´nt read the manga, I give it 7 / 10. Let´s just hope it gets better =P

i really found the first episode fun... about to watch the second one.

I really enjoyed the comic parts, the animation and the fight scenes.

Crystal said:
[From a Bleach manga fan's point of view]

I still think the opening of Bleach doesn't fit the series. It's like ... a opening should set the mood. The opening of Bleach doesn't set the right mood. As this is an action series involving spirits and shinigamis. You can barely tell that this anime is about spirits and shinigamis (or at least has some action in it) from watching the opening (except for the small scene in the op).

I love the voice actors. I heard the voice actor for Kon is the mangaka of Bleach itself, Kubotite? I'm not sure but you hear Kon's voice in the next episode preview so it's pretty good. And I especially love Rukia's voice actor. Fits her perfectly.

I don't really hate the background music but sometimes I feel it doesn't sound right. Like it doens't fit with the scene they're currently in. Though this doesn't bother me amazingly.

And yet the opening fits the fanciful covers that the manga has always had. As a manga fan, I'd think you'd rather the opening stick closer to the artist's intent for the series and covers as a whole.

One thing is becoming quite certain about the anime - it ignores a whole lot of plot twists that were present in manga. In fact, it ignores several main plot elements as well, such as

Episode #: 2
[spoiler:84fbb970d6]what spirits that become hollows do first for example and the way people become hollows. Not to mention they missed the whole humorous and drama parts about Orihime as well. Sheesh.
All in all, anime is starting to seem really boring compared to manga. It feels like I was watching a really shallow and dumbed-down version of manga in animated form. A shame really, but I guess if they are going to make some sort of a plot in 13 episodes, they have to do something like that.
This anime is definitely not a "must watch" for me because of that, in fact it's more of a "watch only if there's nothing else to watch" type now. Sad.

I quite liked it, but i can already see one or two flaws. Hopefully it'll pick up though. Is it definitely gonna be 13 eps, does anyone know?

Lucky said:
One thing is becoming quite certain about the anime - it ignores a whole lot of plot twists that were present in manga. In fact, it ignores several main plot elements as well, such as

what spirits that become hollows do first for example and the way people become hollows. Not to mention they missed the whole humorous and drama parts about Orihime as well. Sheesh.
All in all, anime is starting to seem really boring compared to manga. It feels like I was watching a really shallow and dumbed-down version of manga in animated form. A shame really, but I guess if they are going to make some sort of a plot in 13 episodes, they have to do something like that.
This anime is definitely not a "must watch" for me because of that, in fact it's more of a "watch only if there's nothing else to watch" type now. Sad.

Yes, the second episode was missing a good bit of the Orihime stuff. And removed the scenes of Ichigo's impromptu training.

Hopefully we will get to see some of that later, remixed into a later episode.

Cause it stands we're missing the explanation about why the second Hollow in Ep 2 attacked Ichigo. The Hollow, Orihime's brother, is angry at Ichigo because Orihime's affection towards him has moved her attention away from mourning her brother.

Currently, it just seems less subtle, and more "blunt force trauma".

Well episode 3 explains it and totally changes the story from the manga, this makes me even more dissappointed with this anime.

I'm at a total loss as to why they changed the basic story.

Episode #: 3
By them changing orihime's love for ichigo into her just being a random classmate they take away the reason for her even being one of the more major characters in Bleach. I can't stand filler episodes but even more than that i cant stand changing a character, it's the absolute worst thing that can be done when turning a manga into an anime. Oh well, guess you can't win them all, especially since Monster, Beck, and Yakitate! Japan have all been such great mangas converted to anime, shame really since bleach is such a great manga.
EDIT: Remeber to tag the spoilers!
-Lucky

i think you are alittle early talking about changing characters and so on... its ep 3 dude! its not like you even met all the basic characters...

Kazeumi said:
i think you are alittle early talking about changing characters and so on... its ep 3 dude! its not like you even met all the basic characters...
He means changing them from the manga.

It may not seem like a big deal but lets look at it this way, take One Piece for example. In One Piece Nami never says she loves Luffy or anything like that. Now imagine if she did, it wouldn't totally change the story since a love story isn't the main theme. It would however change how they interact with one another.

Episode #: 3
Same thing for Bleach but reversed in Ichigo and Orihime's case. This is why you shouldn't change basic characteristics, it's minor but it will still change the story along the way.

EDIT: Spoiler tags can save a person's day. Not using them can ruin it. Use spoiler tags :frustrat:
-Lucky

So which is the more acurate translation for shinigami soul reaper or death god?

bigdadyb said:
So which is the more acurate translation for shinigami soul reaper or death god?
Personally, I think the fansubbers should pull an Inuyasha and keep it as "shinigami" (Most fansubbers for inuyasha used "youkai" instead of "demon).

From a non-manga perspective, I really enjoy this anime, and look forward to watching it every week. I may be crazy, but I think it is starting off a bit slow. I shouldn't judge this until a few more episodes, however.

On a side note, I dislike the opening theme, but I don't think it doesn't fit the anime's genre. The show isn't that serious, and it coincides with the current high school generation (watch MTV much?). I don't like the song at all however, its one of Orange Range's worse ones. (Viva Rock for life!)

Back