Nagasarete Airantou

E

Eitttlane

Nagasarete Airantou

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here.

Yet Another Harem Anime... which suits me just fine as there appears to be a shortage as of late; or I just forget them too quickly.

This anime brought me here mainly because of the similarity with another anime that works around the concept of one guy stuck on an island with all girls.

My thoughts of this anime is based on the two episodes that have currently been aired.
If what you're looking for is an anime that will lighten your mood with cutesy ecchi humor, loads of lecherous girls, and nasal hemorrhage to such an extent it would make John McClane seem like a mere schoolgirl, you surely won't be disappointed.

As for the similarity -- after stumbling upon Sister Princess (which I've never watched before) and looking it up on AnimeNewsNetwork, I found that Nagasarete Airantou's basis storyline is surprisingly similar to that of Sister Princess.
Also, female lead in both series are played by Horie Yui!

.. And surprisingly I'm still not sick of hearing Horie's voice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Episode 2:
The Ostrich can't fly bit was freaking hilarious. I love how they made the "loli" the bad guy. Oh god, episode 2 really did me in, I love the screaming and the hysteria.

Eww .... you are trying to compare this to Sister Princess? -_-;; I don't know if I would go that far...

I generally dislike most harem/ecchi anime, but for some reason Airantou is different. The characters are moe-ish without going TOO far with it. And again the ecchi is all light-hearted fun. It's just a really funny show to kick back and watch with your brain off. The characters play off of each other very well, and theres some nice gags in it.

this serie was rally nice i laughed through it the whole time
dunno what happened about ep 3 that aired 2 days ago hope they will sub it
soon

That's one really weird island. It must have had been exposed to some fearsome radiation.

Last edited:
Episode 4:
So, they combined Chapter 7, Chapter 8, and the Extra Chapter from volume 2 in reverse order. (chapter 8 and the extra chapter mixed together, then chapter 7) However, I feel that thay wrecked a bunch of the humor from the manga, especially the way they did how Ikuto found out about Machi's age. That was done much more humorously in the manga.

…and they skipped the Machi episode.

They skipped the Machi episode.

THEY SKIPPED THE MACHI EPISODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And they aren’t getting to it next episode either, which is Chapter 9 from the manga. (this is made clear by the title of the next episode)

And thus they ended up ruining how the Machi episode starts (if they ever have it), because it was supposed to start with Ikuto still recuperating from working himself over the chores from last episode. But they’d better come back to it. THEY’D BETTER COME BACK TO IT! Or I might just have to roll out the riot guns and go head-hunting for the staff.

Seriously, it was a huge dissappoint for me that they decided to keep so well with the manga that I love, then totally crashed and burned when it came to one of my favorite chapters by taking it out entirely....

Episode 4:
Everything on that island is so cute, even the ghosts. LMAO :D

After it all..
Anyone reading the manga/light novel know if there's enough content to release a new season? Ending the anime by showing a new character is a teaser if I ever saw one...

I really wish this will get a US DVD release soon. Seems like it would be something Sentai would be jumping to pick up...that or maybe AnimeWorks.

I'm still holding my hopes up for a possible sequel to the first anime series where they actually introduce some of the girls they never did in the first series, like Kunai and some others.

There's just so much from the manga I can see they can definitely work into a new season on its own.

Episode 1:

She named her pig 'Tonkatsu', lol.

Don't think I'll like this one, but I recognize Yabecchi's voice, so I'll check out a few more eps.

Episode 5:
squirrel_punch.gif

I'm sorry, but is this guy really carrying around Yotsuba while searching for pedo-bear?

Last edited:
Episode 16:
Am I the only one who sees something sort of wrong with this?

vlcsnap_2013_06_05_14h48m26s104.png

Aside from the talking chicken? No, not at all... Wait. There's something about the size of that chicken, am i right? What did I win? Hopefully that chicken mother gives away some of her unhatched children to me as a prize; that'd be awesome.

Nagasarete Airantou was an above average anime and left me wanting more episodes when I saw it a couple years ago. I'll probably re-watch it or read the manga at some point, whatever that is.

Finished this show. Was sad to see it finish.
Episode 26
dont know if this would consider as a spoil but just to be safe, I'm putting it in a spoil. Why would they introduce a new character in the final moments of the last episode? Did they think that they would have more seasons?(i wish it was true)
I really wish there was more but at least there's the manga i can read.

Nagasarete Airantou

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here.

Yet Another Harem Anime... which suits me just fine as there appears to be a shortage as of late; or I just forget them too quickly.

This anime brought me here mainly because of the similarity with another anime that works around the concept of one guy stuck on an island with all girls.

My thoughts of this anime is based on the two episodes that have currently been aired.
If what you're looking for is an anime that will lighten your mood with cutesy ecchi humor, loads of lecherous girls, and nasal hemorrhage to such an extent it would make John McClane seem like a mere schoolgirl, you surely won't be disappointed.

As for the similarity -- after stumbling upon Sister Princess (which I've never watched before) and looking it up on AnimeNewsNetwork, I found that Nagasarete Airantou's basis storyline is surprisingly similar to that of Sister Princess.
Also, female lead in both series are played by Horie Yui!

.. And surprisingly I'm still not sick of hearing Horie's voice.[/QUOTE
who else cried at the last episode
Finished this show. Was sad to see it finish.
Episode 26
dont know if this would consider as a spoil but just to be safe, I'm putting it in a spoil. Why would they introduce a new character in the final moments of the last episode? Did they think that they would have more seasons?(i wish it was true)
I really wish there was more but at least there's the manga i can read.

Ya i cried almost the whole time watching episode 26

Rin is best girl beside Suzu, but really Suzu is the only one that creates any kind of connection with the MC at all. Its really obvious she will be chosen and no one else has a chance. I do like Suzu x Iku ... its just nothing special and kind of boring at times if compared to any other romance or harem these days. Even the comedy is lackluster and gets dry fast. The priestess sisters are the only funny ones that i didn't get tired of i think.

Its alright show just didn't hold up over time, maybe i think.

3-3.5/5

Last edited:
Back