Hi-sCool! Seha Girls

SEGA is dead!

DEAD IT TELL YOU!

Sonic 3d never existed, it never did, stop glorifying the dead!

Eh, cute girls ... will watch.

I'll probably be watching this just because I watched that other weird anime that personified the console wars. Maybe this one can be something cute rather than outright sucking balls.

Episode 1:

This was actually quite enjoyable for me even if the CG sucks pretty hard. This basically works for me as pure nostalgia as I owned all three of these consoles at one point or another so the references were all pretty amusing to me. I also enjoyed this because Sega obviously has something of a sense of humor about its failures as buried in their girls' personalities is also the reason for the failure of their console. The dialogue might just seem kind of like random jokes to someone not as familiar with video game history but for me it was pretty damn fun.

So yeah, this is a pretty damn niche title and I'm sure a lot of people are just going to be confused by a lot of it. However, I quite enjoyed this episode and am looking forward to see what they do with Virtua Fighter in the next episode.

Episode 1

Well, this is cute. The nostalgia! The flashbacks to dial-up internet....and bloody Mangagaga, for some reason.

I'll get used to the MMD animation soon enough. The transformation sequences were cute, though.

Also, I love the fact that it's explaining the games in the series and not just being self-serving wank that excludes non-Sega fans that aren't "good enough" to remember Virtua Fighter and such.

I can't wait for the Space Channel 5 episode. :love:

Episode 2:

Well that was incredibly silly. It wasn't as good as the first episode as it was all pretty much one joke repeated for eleven minutes, but I did laugh a bit at first, especially as the enemies got more outlandish. There were some nice references and it's funny that they reference lazy palate swapped enemies.

I was also amused by the ending as they seem to be taking the medals bit seriously. Nice little sting there at the end when Dreamcast didn't get her medals for cheating.

It was okay, but I did get a few laughs in. Although it was a pretty rough transition back to their chibi forms, The episode did remind me how ugly their "real world" designs are.

Episode 2:

Well that was incredibly silly. It wasn't as good as the first episode as it was all pretty much one joke repeated for eleven minutes, but I did laugh a bit at first, especially as the enemies got more outlandish. There were some nice references and it's funny that they reference lazy palate swapped enemies.

I was also amused by the ending as they seem to be taking the medals bit seriously. Nice little sting there at the end when Dreamcast didn't get her medals for cheating.

It was okay, but I did get a few laughs in. Although it was a pretty rough transition back to their chibi forms, The episode did remind me how ugly their "real world" designs are.

1 attack worth doing? (everything else being a setup toward that attack?) Reminds me of many old school games.

Pallate swaps, oh yes.

Cheating, wasn't Dreamcast a console with outlandish hacks in games? heck, it was easy to ROM-hack a game, I remember hearing about nude-models and such being introduced into games on the dreamcast.... haha...

1 attack worth doing? (everything else being a setup toward that attack?) Reminds me of many old school games.

Yeah, this is true of even modern games. God of War can give me a billion combos but when square, square, X always gets the job done I don't really need them.

And yes, one of the biggest downfalls of the Dreamcast is that it was so easy to hack.

This show is definitely aware of all the flaws in the Sega consoles and generally has a love for poking fun at old school games.

I still loved my Dreamcast though. First console I bought with my own money.

Yeah, this is true of even modern games. God of War can give me a billion combos but when square, square, X always gets the job done I don't really need them.

And yes, one of the biggest downfalls of the Dreamcast is that it was so easy to hack.

This show is definitely aware of all the flaws in the Sega consoles and generally has a love for poking fun at old school games.

I still loved my Dreamcast though. First console I bought with my own money.

Most of us in europe barely knew it existed, it was sold almost nowhere and only half those places had games for it. Germany had a decent amount of them though, so I've heard.

Episode 2
I kind of wasn't expecting a nod to Sakura Wars in there, but okay.

Poor Dreamcast, thinking she'd still get her medals even when she cheated. :laugh:

And my reaction to the next episode preview:
2q80cp3.gif

Dear god, you guys don't know how many hours I poured into that bloody game when I should've been writing essays about pedagogy or writing up mock lesson plans. :love:

Shame I was never any good at it.

Episode 3:

Well most of this episode was just a random conversation to stall the new game until next episode. I wasn't particularly amused by the conversation about Sega Saturn's future, but it wasn't horrible either. However, I am looking forward to the dance off next episode.

Episodes 1 - 3:

Well, this is strangely enjoyable. That is, except for episode 3, which wasted way too much time on boring gags.

Episode 3
2jfdi5t.gif

That is all.

Episode 4
Making fun of the Mega Drive's processing power and the Dreamcast's modem in one episode? That's laying it on thick. :laugh:

It was a little jarring having most of the first half in mock-16:9, but it was still a good episode (even with the panty shot / swimsuit jokes).

Now that they've covered one of my favourite games ever, when's the Jet Set Radio and NiGHTS episodes? :love:

Episode 4:

Now that's more like it. Leave the stupid random conversations behind and just parody the damn game. Once again there were a ton of great references here and a nice commentary on the game in general. It does make me excited to see what other games this series will cover.

Episode 5

Well, that was a forgettable one. Even though it had a similar irksome format to the third episode, at least the opening gags didn't run for too long.

Still, I have no clue what next episode's game is...

Episode 5:

Yeah, this show seems to be falling into a pattern waiting an episode or two between games to give us this boring slice of life banter but at least the banter didn't feel horribly stretched out this week. Hopefully next episode will get them into a game though.

Back