New theme ads

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
As I'm sure you may notice, the company who does our ads have started getting some full skin ones in place - they will last only a very brief period of time and help in being able to pay for the servers/bills (currently we don't make enough in ads to pay for the monthly bills)

Just thought I'd give a heads up in case people wondered what was up - thanks for your support of AP, without ads (and without more ads) we won't be able to keep the site running.

i am fine with the ads, but the black bar covering A-p mascot has go to go...

:seriously: they covered her up *rageface

yeah, its not my choice. we made the skins so ads would look nice eventually, so they could be in that middle space too, but the company right now is set up to only show them on the sidebars. theres no easy way to collapse that space so itll have an ugly black bar for now

...Now I feel like a jerk. I just made a post about this in the requests forum. >.>;

(after reading it)

i do apologize as i know it's not ideal - in a perfect world AP would have no ads and the multiple hundreds of $ for the bills each month would pay themselves (or i'd be rich and wouldnt mind paying out of pocket again), but until then, it's the only way to scrape by ;_; even with the ads we're pretty much breaking even at best. i still havent paid myself a single cent for the entire 11 years of site work.

pfft ..no biggie ...you do what ever you need to to make i work....i have unlimited respect for your efforts ....and will keep supporting your and a-p as long as i can.....

Figured this was the case. To be honest, I don't particularly mind my ad with the Tales of the Crypt guy always staring at me while I'm looking at AP - it gets me in the Halloween mood. Optimism FTW!

I wish I could help more, but I'll try to resume donating once in a while.
As for the new ads, I never even noticed them, maybe I've been lucky and not seen any yet. =P

Was about to say...

Well, as long as it's temporary, I'll be content ^^

I shall await Haruhi-sama's return lol

Didn't we go through something like this back around early v3? AIR, there were a lot of complaints about the theme ad replacing the normal site skin, but then a lot of people complained after it was gone, wanting it back.

Sothis, I love anime planet. It is the single, greatest anime community I've ever joined and it's one I'd love to die alongside. The site, content, and members are just brilliant.

Do whatever you need to keep it up. I know that month after month, hundreds of dollars from a SINGLE bill is a bitch (especially with mortgage, car payments, electric bill, food, etc.). You just can't afford to pay four or five hundred out of pocket like that, it'll catch up to you. So if ads can pay, sure thing.

If you were to get sponsors, that might help you too (just a thought). Your site has grown very large and as a result, needs plenty of resources to keep steady.

Sorry to join this party late, but life has been keeping me pretty busy. Just a quick question: Does clicking the ADs support the site or do we only need to let them load? I have no issues disabling my ad blockers for the site if it will help.

Back