Hayate the Combat Butler!

Julianlivre

[sadht]Hayate the Combat Butler![/sadht][sadhl=1094]hayate-the-combat-butler[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

hmmmz, did you like Zero no Tsukaima ??? Then am 99% sure that you'll love this show. This is pretty much the same, but might be better ;) so if you liked Louise you'll love this :D

gyabo :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Hayate no Gotoku!!

I was thinking of watching it, it seems really good!

Wow, this surprised me. I like it better than ZnT (clearly the thing to compare it to given Nagi and Louise's near-identical bipolar-ness) so far, being that it's more of a straight-up comedy and forgoes the (generally stupid imo) fs-based jokes in favor of direction jokes and, of course, taking rips at various popular anime. Good stuff.

Does anyone know the rest of the references in that sequence? So far I have:

Slave boat - ???
Pirates - Black Lagoon
Monkey captain - ???
Pirate King - One Piece
Cross-Shaped Ocean - Evangelion?

Just curious :P

Episode one of this anime is quite possibly the funniest episode of any show I have ever seen. Before you ask, I have seen a lot of anime.

I just watched the first 2 episodes and I'm in. Some of the funniest stuff I'd seen in a long time, especially as the comedy doesn't seem forced.

OMG just saw the first 2 ep and its hilarious ^^

Especially making reference to Black Lagoon and One Piece

Anything with Kugimiya Rie is instant win ;D
Two eps, dual dose of win.
Need more.

Re: Hayate no Gotoku

Episode 4 had a couple of references in it that had me busting out laughing. If you're not watching this show, shame on you :cow:

While I liked episode 4, the first half of episode 5 was a real stinker IMHO. Hopefully the quality improves next episode =(

This series has been moderately consistent for awhile, but has really gone downhill the past few months. Having just watched episode 44 it's pretty much just jumped off a cliff. Maybe I can make myself feel better by watching Naruto (it's really that bad).

*second bump*

I was always kind of down on the anime because it completely shredded the chronology of the manga and so far has not hit major parts of the story that came earlier than other parts already shown in the anime such as

The marathon
Sonia and the church
Valentine's Day (VERY important as this is when a key character lays down the cards)
The 1 million yen in one day and aftermath

for example. And I really wished they would get around to telling Hina's and Maria's (Maria could've been done in a quick 2 minute thing in the Christmas episode) past, but with how incredibly light the anime is, I doubt they will go into such a heavy topic (that little blurb in ep 40 or so does not count).

I like this show in the same time I hate it. I realy hate that the story teller jumps in and talk as much as he does. But the jokes are so I just can't find any good enough words for it but dumb. It's so dumb that it makes me laught. and Klaus has to lill sceen time xD

I've recently watched episodes 10-40, and I can't get enough of it. The story doesn't really develop a whole lot, which is pretty upsetting, but so many amazing references to other anime, and it is rather hilarious. I could do without the loli fanservice though, considering I am in college, and I have a roommate (one room dorm) who knows nothing of anime. Needless to say, I don't know what to say if he should question one of the hayate cross dressing scenes.

Re: Hayate the Combat Butler

I was actually going to drop this show (now at episode 51) only to discover that the next episode is the last one. Guess I can stick around for one more. This show was way overdue to end.

Ironically, Studio Synegy has decided to make another 52 eps of Hayate. Turns out what the preview said in ep 51 was only a joke to confuse the viewer.

I've just seen all 52 episodes and i think great lol I cant wait till new episodes come out. I can definitely see why people wouldn't like it tho.

I wish more people knew about this show because it deserves more attention than its getting.

Last edited:

im dissapointed so many people didnt like it here at ap,

i thought it was freaking hilarious, the jokes were all hilarious, and despite what some people said, actually had substance rather than just a loud voice and character to yell something. I always found it rather witty in its dialogue, in its choice of referencing, and construction,
I dunno, maybe it just appeals to my character as i love those sort of lame jokes, parodies and nonsequiters , and the fact that they can take it all so lightly and acknowledge its ridiculousness,

eg. 'this is a cashmere jacket... which costs ##### and you BETTER NOT DAMAGE IT", its so randomly said and lampshaded that the episode becomes hilarious as it becomes more and more ludicrous in what hayate goes through in having the jacket ripped. And then its all the more funny as it finally actually becomes ripped, and he dies at the doorstep.

People mistake HnG for being too serious, or trying too hard, which is a shame as it is accutely aware of what its doing and is always aware when its being lame.

the only episode i've been disappointed by was the katsura/nagi detective one which was a little flat. Aside from that i've loved it all
and cmon this story is the best
"I used to live in a crappy house as a kid. The house was really crappy
At night the windows would always rattle.

One night, i was staying at home alone
At the time, we didnt have electricity, so it was pitch black inside

I Tried to go to bed, curled up in my futon
but i realised something

"hey the rattling noise is louder than usual"

I was scared, but as I was drawn by something, I walked towards the window

I slowly opened the curtains, and took a look outside the window

and i noticed that...

... the wind was stronger than usual"

Back