Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?

Awkward flirting aside, i read the manga for this for a while before slow scans made me fed up to continue, but it definitely wasn't a bad read, so i'll be watching this one to see how it pans out.

So it begins.

Episode 1
Aw yiss, that was an enjoyable episode. Its just so cute, characters, the designs, their personality. Not saying the overall show is "cute". There is plenty of monster fights and subtle ecchi shots. Not that it was distracting or anything. The one issue I may have is the choice they had to convey to get Bell to find his determination; to be a stronger person. It felt unnatural. Overall, #TeamGoddess. (They haven't mentioned a name yet for her unless I missed it.)

Episode 1

It had story and oppai. That goddess is quite cute, quite cute indeed. She brought most of the oppai to the yard as well. Spotted A neko for Bradalee, he must appreciate. Male lead is kind of generic but we're used to that. Story is silly but the execution didn't leave much to be left desired so it's fine.

Hail the cute oppai goddess.

Is there anybody that's not on #TeamGoddess right now? Whoever isn't surely has poor taste in two-dimensional women.

Episode 1

Joking aside, this was a pretty solid first episode. The characters seem likable so far and the world is interesting enough. I don't think I'll ever not be interested in video game-esque worlds in anime. At least they aren't "trapped" in a video game this time around.

I was pretty hyped for this series and the first episode definitely didn't disappoint.

Episode 1

Level 5? One of the strongest in the game? How does this level system work? :cereal:

I can sympathize with Bell though.... liking someone but being told you're not "manly" or "strong enough." That's some bullshit in my opinion. You try your best and get shot down because you aren't up to snuff. Idk, it just really hits home, because I've liked lots of people and just been "unlucky" enough to be turned down because of things I couldn't control.

I'm a little tired of this oversexualization of nearby females troupe too. Can we just have a stor where a male character isn't oblivious or contradictory about relationships?

I want to know more about this game though... I guess if you die you die? In fact, this may not even be a game.... I assumed as much from the whole "stats" and "level" aspect. Hm...

He needs to go ahead and hit hax levels and fuck up that fox/dog guy. :pokerface:

Ep 1

hmm I see a lot of potential but I think there will be too many distractions for me to truly enjoy this show.

And those reasons are kind of hard to complain about now that I see the retarded translation of the show's title.

But I'm not the only one..........

Episode 1
he one issue I may have is the choice they had to convey to get Bell to find his determination

^this is one of my problems, aside from the lead being generic as hell and possibly sporting Kirito's voice actor or someone that sounds similar. (if it's him, I expect lots of screaming in the future.) The reason behind his determination made me roll my eyes so hard I nearly went blind.

Episode 1

One thing i did dislike though....

....Was when Bete suddenly started snarling at Aiz about whether she would date someone like Belle. I thought it seemed forced before, but it was even worse here. But mostly it was a solid episode that i enjoyed quite a bit.

And yes this. they didn't even bother to put look on it, talk about surprise buttsex. It came out of nowhere like the RKO.

Yeah.......it wasn't natural at all.

With that I already expect the show to go that direction in taking random normal moments and forcing that damn premise up our throats. I don't mind the ecchi, it wasn't half bad anyways, I just hate the mentality shown by the two male characters so far. I can only see it getting worse.

^this is one of my problems, aside from the lead being generic as hell and possibly sporting Kirito's voice actor or someone that sounds similar. (if it's him, I expect lots of screaming in the future.) The reason behind his determination made me roll my eyes so hard I nearly went blind.

Actually, I worded myself wrongly. I was trying to imply what Brad mentioned. About that cat douche having to spew crap which felt unnatural, just to get the plot rolling. I have no qualms with Bell getting stronger to get girls. Like the synopsis says, he's doing this to get girls. His grandfather "raised him" to think that. And I use quotations because that's what i'm assuming based on that glimpse of a flashback he mentioned. As cliche as is, it is relatable, to others. Not me though.

Actually, I worded myself wrongly. I was trying to imply what Brad mentioned. About that cat douche having to spew crap which felt unnatural, just to get the plot rolling. I have no qualms with Bell being stronger to get girls. Like the synopsis says, he's doing this to get girls. His grandfather "raised him" to think that. And I use quotations because that's what i'm assuming based on that glimpse of a flashback he mentioned. As cliche as is, it is relatable, to others. Not me though.

well I usually don't read the synps on the new seasons, I just go by the cover art and drop it if it disappoints.

alas the fact that the syn explained his determination, it doesn't stop it from being irritating. It's like if a synopsis explained an anime entitled "plate anime" : Where a group of friends gather round and stare at plates all day. It wouldn't really excuse the fact that it's a horrible concept.

basically don't wanna here the "but the synopsis explained......etc" excuse for a trash concept.

it's fine if you're fine with it though......just saying........

Fair enough. I think the concept here worked well than most other anime. Mostly because our main here isn't your typical pervert. He seems innocent and genuine at first glance. (first episode)
Pretty much now what we should be waiting for is how they expand the premise. Like if he finds a chance to team up with that group and they bond overtime. Or something of the sorts.

Still #TeamGoddess and if not, I'll fight whomever on the damn dirty streets. :flip:

^yeah well no choice but to accept the focus. hopefully they execute it less forced than in this episode the rest of the way....................

Oppai, very oppai

Is it wrong to pick up oppai in a dungeon?

I'm loving it already :megusta: Guy is gonna pick up all the hot sexy elf chicks, cat girl, dark elf :megusta: and maybe a human or two, with a priestess thrown in because they are damn sexy in their robes. So fiiiine.

And I'm watching this before Soma, because of the boobs.

Episode 1

Story time~
Excitement of the flesh.
I... shit, what? Crap. I kinda... they're saying things.

SEXY ELF GIRL WITH WHITE/GREY HAIR FUCK YES

Basically, elf girl. Everything else was words and shit.

That white-haired guy is totally a guy.

GET REKD SON

HE GOT FUCKING WRECKED WITH BLOOD AND SHIT THIS IS MY SHIT RIGHT HERE

Hmmmm.... real good. She is damn fine.

The closing theme right at the end reminded me of Star Wars. This is already great.

Haha! Aw shit man, he is getting blood everywhere! I am laughing my ass off.
Shit, I have to pause because holy fuck that is hilarious! He is fucking covered in blood and running around like it's not even there!

Hilarious man. Just hilarious.

Ah, elf girl. Very nice!

Level 1? Get gud m8. Scrub.
Nub.

She shouldn't have to warn him not to run around covered in the blood of others.

Who wouldn't, am I right? She is damn fine and a total nut crushing badass.

Wait, what? That's level 5?! How much EXP do you need to level up?

Boob size.
I mean... right, if she has a beau or not. Yeah. Yeah?

Wait, Hestia and Loki? What? I don't even know what mythos will pop up next.

Lulerz, he got 3- Wait, 1200? From 3 coins? I can't tell if- shit, my concept of money for this show is out of whack.

God dammit old people, their laughing cracked me up.

Father is totally right. That's what I would do in dungeons: Rescue hot babes in distress.

Did i mistake him for the hot elf chick in the opening?

FUCK YES

He is living with a total hottie of a goddess, which is... actually appropriate.
Those are potatoes?

HHHHNNNNNNGGGGGG THAT LOOK WHEN SHE SAID TO PARTY

Bounce. They just need the two of them
DEM EYES MAN
Just the two of you, you don't need any other people in your family.

Wait, what? That body pan was amazing as all hell. Was she talking then?

So she didn't say butts...

Woah.
What is this I don't even-
I actually don't even

She is clearly upset you dumbass.

Dat cleavage.

He's gonna say that Elf chick. Which is kinda right. Actually right.

Straight up, his vitality sucks monkey balls. He can't just be a glass cannon/fragile speedster, he needs durability and HP.

He'll never be a spellsword.

GOD THE LOOKS SHE GIVES ARE THE BEST

Something about picking up chicks is his skill?

This is some mighty fine animation.

Definitely the skill to pick up chicks with his manly charisma. And by that I mean his balls.

Let her sleep.
Don't move.
Don't get up.

:megusta:

I love this show.

Cat girl!
Maid :megusta:

TAKE HER WITH YOU- I mean... YES HE GOT LUNCH HE WON THE DAY
CAT GIRL MAID This is a fine, quality show.

Please, you're a scrub. Get good first.

Run holmes, you dumbfuck. Guy got wrecked?
Oh shit, Guy is fucking OG. Vitality for jacked the fuck up from one hit.

Where do they live? In the ruins outside town?

It's like a reverse rescue thing for why he loves Level 5.

Syr.
Haha! He can't afford all that food! He's gonna be poor again!

YUS CAT GIRL MAID
And them fine tanned chicks :megusta: Reminds me of that gal from Etrian Odyssey, the shopkeeper.

That is a... Red is... should be a chick? With half pants like those.
Green is definitely a dude.

Knew Wolf would be some douchenozz- Boobs
Dang man, dat cleavage.
Wait, shit, I mean that fucking douche-
Green is really ambiguous.

Step up Tomato Dork, man up and slap your pair on the table.

Hmm... I guess that works. But none of them know it's him.

So Green is that kinda elf. Niiiiiice :megusta:

That was fucking gangsta. He just stabbed through his eye with a toothpick! YOU GO TOMATO
Seriously man, with a fucking iron dagger. Right from the fantasy hood.

Goddess, a testament to the animation being so good.
Check his stats! They got buffed!

Dat Elephant Mask

THAT HAND CLASP- Manly as fuck. It's like the brofist in Absolute Duo, which conveyed more development and broness than anything else in the show.

YES AGREE TO IT
FUCK YES MC YOU FUCKING MAGNIFICENT BASTARD
In his brutally jacked up state, he agreed to the best thing he could ever do.

Wait, Monsterphilia? Dang, this is Brad's corner. Not touching it.

Like Damias and Captain Trips, #TeamGoddess. Just mentioning it should tell you what I think about it. Oh, and this: :megusta:

Last edited:
Actually, I worded myself wrongly. I was trying to imply what Brad mentioned. About that cat douche having to spew crap which felt unnatural, just to get the plot rolling. I have no qualms with Bell getting stronger to get girls. Like the synopsis says, he's doing this to get girls. His grandfather "raised him" to think that. And I use quotations because that's what i'm assuming based on that glimpse of a flashback he mentioned. As cliche as is, it is relatable, to others. Not me though.

The synopsis make it sound bad, altough the first thought of the dungeon is to be a place to pick up girls, this is no factor later on. I get more the feeling that he wants to stand as an equal beside Ais, strong and independend, able to protect what he cares for. This also becomes more clear when his past is explained a little.

. (They haven't mentioned a name yet for her unless I missed it.)

Hestia. Or call her lolli-kyonyuu ;p

Well the anime followed the manga closely, the order of the story has even been improved. The art does remind me of Log Horizon. And the choose questions was improved aswell, the manga said ''who do you want to mate with''. So the anime seems better as the manga, altough I dont like harem shows that much.

And does anybody know how many episodes this season will have? 12, 24?

Back