Ristorante Paradiso

unitzero

Ristorante Paradiso

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A synopsis from another site:

When she was a child, Nicoletta was taken in by her grandmother so that her mother could remarry. Now grown up, she leaves everything in the countryside behind to visit her mother and her mother's second husband, a ristorante owner. To her surprise, her stepfather did not know his wife had a daughter!

A ristorante she had previously visited, casetta dell'orso is hosted by a cast of dreamy, cool gentlemen who all happen to wear glasses. This curious restaurant's staff include cameriere (waiters) Claudio, Luciano, and Vito, GiGi the sommelier, and chefs Furio and Teo. Because women find the staff so enchanting, business is bustling and reservations are extremely hard to come by at this little Roman treasure.

Amongst all this, Nicoletta decides, on a whim, to work at the ristorante. Gradually, she begins to become interested in one of the gentlemen...

Delicious food and dreamy gentlemen await at the ristorante, casetta dell'orso. For everyone who works there, a tender connection to the hearts of each visitor is spun, and the curtain raises on a story about these first-rate Italian gentlemen in spectacles.

This anime takes place in Rome and seems to be a romance centered around a restaurant staffed by older dudes who all wear glasses. The protagonist of the first episode is a young woman visiting Rome to find her mother, or something. The first episode didn't exactly hook me but still I found it somewhat interesting and different then other shows this season. I imagine the plot is going to be somewhat like a soap opera having to do with romance, gentlemanly conduct, mystery, and lots of drama.

What did everyone else think?

pretty much exact same thoughts. I liked it, and it was different and unique, but really nothing that special.

The preview for the 2nd episode was downright surprising though.

I came in expecting more about Italian food and culture, so I was rather disappointed.

It seems more like an anime catering to a very specific kind of romantic fantasy, and while that's fine, it's not for me! :P

I came in expecting more about Italian food and culture, so I was rather disappointed.

It seems more like an anime catering to a very specific kind of romantic fantasy, and while that's fine, it's not for me! :P

My thoughts exactly. I was hoping for something more along the lines of Bartender; instead it looks like it's going to be a May-December romance.

I'm Italian and watching the first episode was hilarious!
Japanese can pronounce Italian quite well, since both Japanese and Italian are syllabic languages, but the seiyuu didn't put the right "tone" to the Italian words at all, or better, they pronounced them too flat. XD

Also, the way the depicted Rome... ROFLMAO. Artistic as it is, Rome is a noisy, frantic and dirty ( :( ) city, not a photo slide of watercolours paintings mixed with CG with pretty textures! XD

Overall the backgrounds looks beautiful, but they forced a mood which doesn't belong to the real Rome at all.

Still, at least this series seems original, in a way, and it could be funny to see even if only to be amused by the way Japanese people, of who created this story at least, look at Italy.

Unfortunately, I will never be able to take an anime like this seriously. :(

*facepalm*

Totally forgot this one with Chiii's mini waste your weekend.

I will start watching it today tough then.

*Merged thread with already existing "Ristorante Paradiso" thread*

Greetings SabakunoYana, please make sure to search the "Alphabetical List of Anime" before creating new threads in the Specific Anime Discussion section of the forum so you don't create a thread for an anime that already exist. ;)

Your friendly moderator,
~rock

Gotta say this one is pretty stylish in its own way but this is not kinda my thing. I bet who likes more romantic animes would like this where development takes time.

I kinda wished they focused more on the cooking. Despite that, I liked the series a lot. There was one thing that irked me about the story....

who the heck can hide the fact they have a daughter for that long... seemed kinda shady to me. Clearly Olga is very selfish and values her happiness over her daughters. Id be pissed if I was Nicoletta.

Did you watch the whole thing already?

I still have 3 episodes left :)

I kinda wished they focused more on the cooking. Despite that, I liked the series a lot. There was one thing that irked me about the story....

who the heck can hide the fact they have a daughter for that long... seemed kinda shady to me. Clearly Olga is very selfish and values her happiness over her daughters. Id be pissed if I was Nicoletta.

Yeah I have to agree. I was thinking this would be awesome cooking anime, but it turned into one romantic one where love seeking women go after old men.

I have to agree what you said about Olga.

Well I think eventough whole show seems to be hand drawn I have to say human anatomy is often broken and somehow I get cold shivers when I see them smiling...

Well I think even though whole show seems to be hand drawn I have to say human anatomy is often broken and somehow I get cold shivers when I see them smiling...

Their mouths are too big. So are most of the females' noses. Also half of the characters don't have pupils which is terrifying.

As for the romantic elements, they're mostly put on the backburner for most of the show in favor of more of a character-study type thing. But with such a large cast and only eleven episodes, there isn't really enough time to flesh everyone out equally/adequately. I really did like the characters though. Adult characters are more tolerable than teenagers, because the creators have to give them real motives/life experiences to be believable instead of chalking it all up to "Well, teenagers are unpredictable... or something".

The story was kind of cheesy sometimes, though. Like that kid's birthday party. No kid would seriously act like that.

*Merged thread with already existing "Ristorante Paradiso" thread*

Greetings SabakunoYana, please make sure to search the "Alphabetical List of Anime" before creating new threads in the Specific Anime Discussion section of the forum so you don't create a thread for an anime that already exist. ;)

Your friendly moderator,
~rock

Of course, don't worry. I would swear it wasn't in the list when I look for it, that's why I created the new thread. :sweat:

I liked this anime, a little bit much slice of life for me, but still works. All the meals details are amazing (I love cuissine) and the restaurant's history is funny.

Episode 01

I was gonna say that the art style reminds me of Saraiya Goyou, but then I realized it's by the same author, which makes sense. But man a whole show about reverse harem of hot middle aged men is not an idea for a show that I would've expected to be this charming.

Back