Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!

TheCoffeeGod

[sadht]Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai![/sadht][sadhl]chuunibyou-demo-koi-ga-shitai[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

biggthumpup.gif

Yay!
Looks like I'm going to be watching this one since Sentai licensed it!
I was actually wanting to see this one too.

PV 1

I'm really excited for this show. Starts Oct. 4th I believe.

KyoAni's Youtube channel also has an ONA coming out on it called Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! Lite. The first episode of that is out already and I find it pretty funny.

Also, gif:
Q0R0s.gif

I don't really know much about this show yet but the little I know and have seen makes it a must for me! ^_^

The first episode was pretty great. Really fun characters and interactions, and the second-hand embarassment at some points was killing me. Oh and also.

jFi9Q.jpg

To everyone who rates a show based solely on the first episode, please go die. Love, brandobrawl.

That was pretty funny... but, like brandobrawl, the second-hand embarrassment was a bit much, it cause me to skip ahead more than once.

Also, It was pretty easy for me to Identify with the characters, since I actually had Chuunibyou myself... a rather bad case too... enough to put those 2 to shame... ugh... If I could time-travel, I'd punch my middle-school self in the face repeatedly...

Episode 1
OMFG, Rikka is just so freakin' precious and adorable... :love::love::love::love::love:
Back to the Episode...
This felt like an opening act of what's to come and since Episode 0 was said to be a preview of Episode 2, it's going to be a lot funnier and more memorable. :banana:

Google is your friend Hobo but to save you the trouble, allow me to assist you.

Chuunibyou : A Japanese slang term which roughly translates to "Middle School 2nd Year Syndrome". People with chuunibyou either act like a know-it-all adult and look down on real ones, or believe they have special powers unlike others.
Source : Urban Dictionary: Chuunibyou

I'm too lazy to summarize in my own words.

Yeah, I posted right before the episode finished downloading.

Now that I've watched it, I'm very intrigued.

I have no idea what chuunibyou is, but girl with eyepatch = yes please.

Chuunibyou (lit. grade 8 disease) is when kids get all self-conscious and uppity, thinking they're the best and all.
Which is why I'm not watching this. It might remind me of my past and I'll end up wallowing in shame.

^watch it anyway.

It feels like a combination of "Chaos;Head", "Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko", "Another", and "K-On!"... and that certainly appears to be a winning combination.

I swear the male protag looks like a slightly younger Oreki..

Damn KyoAni for making everything look the same...

Pretty funny first episode.

First episode wasn't bad. Humor was usually good, characters seem interesting. This kind of setup will only keep my interests if they develop the characters over the series.

This show doesn't seem to just be entertaining... from the looks of it it could become amazing! \(^o^)/

Episode 1:

It was an okay first episode. There wasn't much in the way of development. Instead it focused more on the comedy which was fine if nothing special. The animation and art were both great but that's to be expected from Kyoani. I did like the idea that it was almost parodying those anime where the magic girl comes into a normal boy's life telling him he's the chosen one, just in this case the girl is delusional. It's a nice base to work from

This could turn into something interesting if the characters are going to grow because the comedy here isn't strong enough to carry the show by itself. I'm hoping it'll pick up some momentum as it goes on.

That was a pretty fun first episode; it certainly felt like a KyoAni anime. Not much else to say aside from that I'm looking forward to what's to come.

Back